Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Parkcentrum Germany Trip, Part 2, Sommerland Syd

Parkcentrum Germany Trip, Part 2, Sommerland Syd

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 76.00 Points

Here it is, my second trip report of a small park in a country I never been before, it was called denmark, and the park was called Sommerland Syd

Before I went on the trip I looked up this park on the internet, and I saw they had a Vekoma inverted boomerang and another unknown coaster. Because those invertigo's have a lot of down-time, I hoped it to be running

In the beginning of this day we had some problems with the car, due to that, we came into the park at 2 PM, but the park wasn't so big

Despite the park was pretty small, they asked 27 euro's for entrance, which is pretty high but the parking and the aqua park was included in the price

When we came up in the park we saw something very cool, THE INVERTIGO WAS RUNNING!! and the parking spot was almost empty, We walked into the invertigo and saw it was really secured, you couldnt even stay under it to take some pictures from it, because they were affraid something loose from the passengers might hit you, but despite for that, we ridden it about 3 times, and it was pretty fun, but I like the normal boomerang more

Now whe had ridden that we did a wierd but fun splashride and wen't for crazy looping bicycle ride that was actually pretty cool, you had to put some effort in it to go inverted but we all managed to do it :P

Now we wen't for something to eat, it was a regular hot dog which tasted O.K. unfortunately, there where some wasps anoying us.

Now for the next coaster, a interpark cyclon ride, which was pretty fun but nothing special, next we walked trough the rest of the park and did some other rides which were pretty fun.

Next we decided to go to the aqua park, which had some cool slides, some even with airtime!. but to which you had to push yourself to go forward

I liked this park and maybe I visit it again. and for what ive seen from denmark I liked that

Now for the photo's, some are commented, comments under the photo ;)

For the first time in my life I came in scandinavia, but it won't be the last time

Wierd but fun splash ride, also had a small dark ride part

You see? Splash ride!

The invertigo

And it was running!

The loop was not as forcefull as a normal boomerang, but still fun

Here is the crazy bicycle ride

Double Backbone!!

The other coaster, POV at the end of the TR

Jumping things. pretty fun

Self operated merry go round!

There were also some slides in the park

And this strange darkride thingy, which could actually be called a coaster, it has a lifthill. a drop and... A DOWNWARDS LIFTHILL, WTF??

Shakey bridge

Back of a Boomerang, inverted this time!

Strange way of supporting

Under the coaster, I later heard I wasn't allowed to come there, but there was no sign or anything saying that

Same as this photo, then the operator told me to go away, so I did

Steven and the invertigo, and that was my last photo from this day

Next up, is hansa park, with flug von novgorod, and also some pictures from hamburg fair, with the old laser from dorney park, now know as testrecke

Last edited by Henkmax on August 26th, 2009, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 26th, 2009, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
I take it you didn't take more pics of that darkride with the downwards lift? I would like to see more of that. What's it called, maybe I can find a POV or something.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post August 26th, 2009, 7:14 pm

I have A POV and a picture of the downwards lift, but for some reason it failed uploading, I will try again soon

Post August 26th, 2009, 7:30 pm

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
That bicycle thing looks pretty awesome, looks like you couldve built it someones backyard. How were you restrained on it?
^the message is up there^

Post August 27th, 2009, 4:47 am

There was some kind of shoulder restraint, but you could easilly fall out xD. whatever it was, it would not be aproved by TUV

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports