Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2 Scripted] Recoil

[NL2 Scripted] Recoil

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post January 27th, 2014, 1:54 pm

Points on hand: 374.00 Points
I wanted to have this finished today because I won't a get a chance to seriously work on it for over a week. Scripting issues and layout issues slowed me down so it's not going to happen. It may not even look much like this when I finish it, I'm thinking of turning it into an airtime coaster. The track is nowhere near being complete. The scripting is finished for it though, so I figured I'd show it off a bit.

First the parts that may to change.

The massive loop on the speed circuit.

Image Insert:
594.36 KB

The Immelmann (also massive) that starts off the speed circuit. You can also see the cobra roll at the beginning of the techincal circuit.

Image Insert:
490.46 KB

Finally the switching system at the station.

Image Insert:
730.57 KB

I've wanted to do a coaster like this for years, but NL2 is the first tool I've had that gave me the tools to do it. The trains are scripted to start together, even if they don't arrive at the same time, each getting on a different circuit (currently referred to as speed and technical).

Once they are on their way, these 4 switches change position. When the trains come back to the stations, after finishing their circuit, they are shunted past the stations and get back on the main track on the other circuit. The yellow train runs the speed circuit and then the technical circuit. The red train runs technical then speed. In the picture the yellow train is going though the Zero G Roll at the end of the speed circuit and you can see the switches in position for it to go onto the technical.

I will probably change this layout a bit so it is more elegant. I had a better configuration inspiration this morning.

Return to Hard Hat Area