Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion What's your drink of choice?

What's your drink of choice?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 7th, 2009, 6:42 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Not really a drinker, not much alcohol passes my lips!

And for when I am drinking:

Post September 7th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
^^ lol..

For me Hard stuff i have to go with some JD, tequila lol and some Flavored smirnoff vodka, as for beer any kind but i like my corona, and Chris that kind of beer is good.

Post September 7th, 2009, 6:58 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

Ah ah, CK, weve had this discussion. You cant lump everyone into the psycho extremists. I certainly havent used the Bible to justify anything over the law we live under.

As for me:

When this is around Ill do 1 shot. I enjoy that blast of cinnamon warmth. Great way to instantly clear the sinuses.
i dont know , real.. goldschlager is pretty psycho and extreme ..kinda tasty too..

Post September 7th, 2009, 7:19 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
For me, i never understood drinking... getting drunk and vomiting all over the place never seemed entertaining to me. not being able to remember what happened the night before never seemed interesting to me either. I come from an entire family of alcoholics, and i don't mean people who drink beer day after day. i mean sick, terminally ill people who lick vodka off the bathroom floor because they are so addicted. I've seen members of my family go into alcoholic coma's for several days. I've seen members of my family have extremely violent seizures from not drinking (DT's), and worst of all, i've seen a certain member of my family literally erode away into nothing. Their liver has shut down, so they cannot digest correctly, therefor they constantly gain weight. They "pickled" their brain to the point where they walk around like a zombie all day, and they can't remember anything. Its gotten so bad that you can't tell if they are drunk or sober. there is no fine line in between... I'll drink for taste, as far as beer goes i like sam adams, and guiness, but other then that, drinking just isn't my thing. I don't mean to write an entire speach about how "alcohol is bad kids",,, Obviously the people i'm talking about have no self control. i'm just saying. i've seen it kill people more times than one, and i don't wanna follow that legacy.

Post September 7th, 2009, 8:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Yea. I can probably count on all my toes and fingers the times Ive drank. I dont make a point of doing it, going to where its at and all that jazz. I hate throwing up...so thats a big part of avoiding it.

But I love cinnamon. Gold is GREAT in small doses. I watched a few kids think taking 5 or 6 shots was cool and watched him go from giddy to stupid in about 3 shots. LOL

I usually dont get any gold flakes. Ive heard that it acts like the fiberglass in chew, sorta making micro cuts in your mouth/esophagus and then letting it get to your arteries faster...lol.

Post September 7th, 2009, 8:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Drinking is a pleasant experience if you are doing it for enjoyment and not as an escape.

I enjoy anything with whiskey (especially a Lynchburg Lemonade or Jack and Coke), Champagne, and tropical drinks (pina coladas and margaritas ect) if its really hot.

Post September 7th, 2009, 8:22 pm

Points on hand: 827.00 Points
I didn't start drinking until senior year, and then I didn't know how to limit myself. I had a really bad close call. I'd been drinking UV blue, along with different assortments of vodka with orange juice. After drinking full cups of UV by itself, i started remembering only 5 second moments and nothing else. I fell off of a chest, threw up all over my friends car, and got sprayed in the face with a hose by my mother, and remember falling off the toilet. I woke up to my mom screaming to clean up the "s#!T" on the floor, and she was quite literal. Yes, I had soiled myself. I lost complete control of everything that this ended up happening. It was later determined that I had alcohol poisoning, as I woke up pale white and sicker than a dog. My friend called me that morning yelling at me because there was a pool of vomit covering the floor of her passenger side. I also left my phone in her car, which was in the pool of vomit.

Alcohol can be a dangerous thing if you are irresponsible like I was, which has lead my to be 10x more cautious. I either won't drink, or will limit myself when the beverage has no more taste, which doesn't take long for me. I hope and vow to never get to that point of intoxication again, as I embarrassed myself entirely in front of people I didn't know & my friends.

On a better note, when I drink I usually stick with Bud Light, or if I have money I'll buy some:

& mix it with some pineapple orange juice from Dole.

It's simply delicious!

Post September 7th, 2009, 9:51 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

The only good thing about gin is that glows under black lights.

Post September 7th, 2009, 10:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post September 8th, 2009, 10:10 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Drink tap water then.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 8th, 2009, 10:22 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ Yeah, I agree with that.

I've never personally understood why people would pay good money for bottled water, when the stuff that comes out of the tap is perfectly fine. I may not be the best person to comment on this seeing as I really don't like plain water, but to me it just seems an insane waste of money to actually purchase bottled water.

Post September 8th, 2009, 11:16 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen
- Amaretto

Wuss

Lol, someone bought a bottle and it was eventually one of the last bottles of alcohol that night. [lol]

Originally posted by jayman

Originally posted by Real

Ah ah, CK, weve had this discussion. You cant lump everyone into the psycho extremists. I certainly havent used the Bible to justify anything over the law we live under.

As for me:

When this is around Ill do 1 shot. I enjoy that blast of cinnamon warmth. Great way to instantly clear the sinuses.
i dont know , real.. goldschlager is pretty psycho and extreme ..kinda tasty too..

That's some good stuff. Tried it as a shot, I would do it again if it was around.

Originally posted by tmv8888

For me, i never understood drinking... getting drunk and vomiting all over the place never seemed entertaining to me. not being able to remember what happened the night before never seemed interesting to me either.

I agree, but usually those things only happen on the people who don't know their own limits.
Even tho I rarely drink alcohol, I do know my own limits.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post September 8th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Originally posted by gouldy

^ Yeah, I agree with that.

I've never personally understood why people would pay good money for bottled water, when the stuff that comes out of the tap is perfectly fine. I may not be the best person to comment on this seeing as I really don't like plain water, but to me it just seems an insane waste of money to actually purchase bottled water.

Some cities have bad water supplies so they over chlorinate it. I'm not a fan of drinking pool water, so bottled is pretty much the way to go in that case.

Post September 9th, 2009, 5:12 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I live in a pretty hard water area, maybe this is the reason I dislike dirinking plain water? I suppose I can see that point, if the water coming out of the taps is awful. But when you look at the price of bottled water, I still say that I'd put up with the taste of the stuff from the tap, bottled water being far more expensive even than petrol.

Post September 9th, 2009, 11:07 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
"Hard" water, unless you dont use softener tablets, can be bad for you. If you use something to soften or say, a filter at your tap, your tap water is fine. In most cases, FAR better for you since most of the bottled waters do NOT contain the metals and minerals that you find from natural water.

We just filter our tap water in a Brita Filter unit. Its so much cheaper to replace a filter every couple months than buying cases of bottled water. Plus, bottled water is one of the top 3 things filling our landfills and they decompose very slowly.

Luckily our tap water where I live is one of the best in the state. Super clean, super good water. Ive drank tap water all my life and I have a pretty good immune system in part because of the minerals and such. When I was much younger part of my water intake was harder, non-city water from a well that was softened. Sure its not the tastiest but its still really good for you.

My drink of choice though since I rarely drink is water or some low calorie sports drink for working out.

Post September 9th, 2009, 11:17 am

Points on hand: 1,214.00 Points
Plenty of Brita filtered water (chilled in the fridge), as for alcohol give me a nice cold Heineken.

Post September 9th, 2009, 11:27 am

Points on hand: 462.00 Points
JD Shots, JD on the rocks, or JD and Coke...Rolling Rock also seems to go down like water! I don't drink to often, I grind my teeth at night following any alcohol intake.

Post September 9th, 2009, 11:32 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
Liquid cocaine = 1 shot goldshlager + 1 shot sambuca.
Magners, pear or apple.
Bacardi, straight or with coke.
Stella artois, the finest lager around (Belgian brewed of course.)

Post September 9th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

We do use a filter on our fridge now, but back where I used to live the water was really awful. It wasn't hard water, it was just so heavily chlorinated that it was seriously like drinking swimming pool water. Occasionally they'd "flush" the system, and it'd come out rust brown as well, to the point that the city would say not to drink it (and they gave out these tablets for doing laundry and such). I understand why people would think bottled water is a ripoff, but living in that city really turned me off to tap.

The water supply where I live now is much better (they even just put new lines in over the past summer) so with the filter on the fridge it tastes fine.

Post September 9th, 2009, 4:07 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

Post September 9th, 2009, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Me and my associates are poor and can't afford anything better than Natty and Aristocrat. Oh well.

And on that note, I have never blacked out or not been able to remember things when I drink. I've puked a few times but it was because of chugging, not because of alcohol poisoning. For me the simplest thing is to not have a bad night is just eat a nice big meal an hour or 2 before I drink. And liquor before beer, of course.

Post September 11th, 2009, 3:39 am

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
I live near the Great Lakes, about 20-30 minutes from Erie, and I still don't like water. People say why not, it doesn't taste like anythi.... MY POINT! If I'm thirsty, I'll go grab a damn soda or something that will please my taste buds. Why drink something that's flavorless is what gets me??? I don't care if it's good for me. I eat and drink whatever tastes good to me, hahaha. Much rather be happy eating what I want while I'm alive, lol.

^ And I completely agree. I have gotten tipsy as hell, and I have thrown up before. But I have never gotten to the point where I completely forget the night. I might forget something as little as saying something stupid, but nothing bad. And yes, those rules are also good to keep in mind to have a great night! haha.

Post November 4th, 2017, 8:31 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Listerine tastes great and I got tipsy once from drinking a cup of it. I also have spiked my tea and coca cola with it.

Post November 5th, 2017, 6:54 am

Points on hand: 617.00 Points
Long Island Ice Tea
Mojito
Or A good Cabernet Shiraz Viognier
Joined age 14 still here at 28 =]

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion