Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions SFOT new ride 2011

SFOT new ride 2011

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 22nd, 2009, 10:53 pm

Points on hand: 63.00 Points
Every six flags park is supposed to be getting a new major attraction for 2011. I want to know what you think it is or what you would like to see in six flags over texas. Mostly everyone thinks it will be in goodtimes square taking the place of the boarded up bumper cars,flashback,and the little shopping center thing right there. And ive had a season pass ever year since i was 5 and i noticed that part of batman's que has been taken out so.

Post August 22nd, 2009, 10:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Well, let's worry when the time comes for the hints to come in

Post August 22nd, 2009, 11:02 pm

Points on hand: 571.00 Points
Its too early to be thinking about 2011 when we're still waiting on announcements for the 2010 rides. At least wait until next summer or until you see some concrete stuff!!

Post August 22nd, 2009, 11:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
Does that include Six Flags Elitch Gardens? Because they need something more intense than a Vekoma boomerang or SLC.

Post August 23rd, 2009, 2:23 am

Points on hand: 827.00 Points
Originally posted by Omnigeek6

Does that include Six Flags Elitch Gardens? Because they need something more intense than a Vekoma boomerang or SLC.

Six flags doesn't own Elitch Gardens, & hasn't for a while.

Post August 23rd, 2009, 11:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,556.00 Points
i could perhaps see them with a flier,
what are SFOT's realistic options?

of course i would vote GET A SUPER OUT AND BACK HYPER COASTER with ejector air and also a really good helix on par with Titan's,

i hope the retrack of texas giant makes it have wonderful airtime,
they have Titan which is wonderful, shockwave is a lot of fun, batman is good as far as batmans go, very intense and relentless,
i am not super keen on the scream bizarro medusa type floorlesses, especially with krypton coaster relatively near there, although the bizarro effects and theming made it much more fun than batman or its counterpart scream to me.

maybe they can add a dive machine!

Post August 24th, 2009, 10:23 pm

Points on hand: 1,495.00 Points
I would love something more modern at SFOT, everything is just kinda old.

Post September 5th, 2009, 1:53 am

Points on hand: 932.00 Points
i know SFOT is retracking shockwave over the next few years so i would guess that classic will be around for a while longer. with the recent news of the sixflags company filing for bankruptcy protection who knows what parks will be getting any new rides? at least SFOT is still owned by private stock holders if memory serves me right.

Post September 5th, 2009, 11:12 pm

EEK!!! sounds like the cyclone (miler wild mouse) at wonderland where i used to work. every year during off-season maintenance, we basicly had to check the ride from top to bottom for cracks, and it had to be welded back together in many spots. occasionally whole sections of the track have to be fabricated which takes a lot of time because of it's age and the fact that no blue prints exist for that ride design. carl miler built all five of the existing rides from memory according to his son that we talked to at the IAAPA trade show.

Post September 5th, 2009, 11:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points
Originally posted by furrbie

EEK!!! sounds like the cyclone (miler wild mouse) at wonderland where i used to work. every year during off-season maintenance, we basicly had to check the ride from top to bottom for cracks, and it had to be welded back together in many spots. occasionally whole sections of the track have to be fabricated which takes a lot of time because of it's age and the fact that no blue prints exist for that ride design. carl miler built all five of the existing rides from memory according to his son that we talked to at the IAAPA trade show.

Longest noob rant looking to get his/her five posts I've ever seen.

Post September 6th, 2009, 12:21 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I thought his post was more interesting than 90% of the posts on here. And, it was relevant too SFF's post, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Post September 7th, 2009, 11:36 pm

i was not meaning to spam sorry for the interuption.

Post September 7th, 2009, 11:49 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

SFOT ticket sales are going to go up with a new roller coaster. Yep, that was my useful post of the day haha
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 8th, 2009, 12:39 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Originally posted by furrbie

i was not meaning to spam sorry for the interuption.

no need to apologize, in my opinion. you were no more off topic than anybody else in this thread. if anything, i would say a couple of rude people in this thread owe YOU an apology.

Post September 8th, 2009, 2:28 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

^I agree.

BTW furrbie your second post seemed way more spam than your first one, but the second one didn't seem like spam at all. No need to apologize.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 13th, 2009, 1:05 pm

Points on hand: 63.00 Points

Return to General Theme Park Discussions