Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Cell phones

Cell phones

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 13th, 2009, 10:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

So currently im stuck with a tiny little go phone from at&t but in two weeks we will be switching to verizion and i will be getting a blackberry curve 8330. This got me thinking, what do you guys have and who is your provider?

Post September 13th, 2009, 10:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

I am stuck with the oh so horrible customer service at&t, with the oh so horrible

Post September 13th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Points on hand: 3,141.00 Points
Right now I have Sprint and the red Palm Centro, but in a few short weeks, I'm switching over to Verizon and getting the enV TOUCH

Post September 13th, 2009, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
I have at&t, i haven't had any problems with them, and i have this...

Samsung eternity

Post September 14th, 2009, 12:12 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I am on Verizon, and I have a Blackberry Storm.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post September 14th, 2009, 12:48 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I have a krzr k1m and am with Sprint. I am shopping around for a cheaper plan though.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 14th, 2009, 1:27 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I have a Juke because it came free with my plan. I haven't figured out how to put music on it yet.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 14th, 2009, 1:34 am

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
Originally posted by DXMemberJackDX

Right now I have Sprint and the red Palm Centro, but in a few short weeks, I'm switching over to Verizon and getting the enV TOUCH

I have the EnV3 on Verizon, and I would say this from what I have heard around here. DO NOT, get the EnV Touch. Horrible battery life and they have a bunch of bugs. My friend went through about 3-4 in the first two weeks. My other friends girlfriend's messed up in the second week too. Screen wouldn't go on. I have an EnV3(after 4 Env2's breaking on me god dammit) and it works great! The music player is awesome! Doesn't cut out when you get text, you can do anything on it while it's playing music. It's sweet. But besides that, it seems to not break, has better battery life, and doesn't have a stupid laggy touch screen. The Env Touch is just the Voyager 2. They just couldn't use the name, the phone looks nice, but still sucks like the Voyager.

Post September 14th, 2009, 8:42 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points

Post September 14th, 2009, 10:27 am

Points on hand: 1,075.00 Points

Post September 14th, 2009, 10:33 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by jensen-nator

Originally posted by DXMemberJackDX

I have the EnV3 on Verizon, and I would say this from what I have heard around here. DO NOT, get the EnV Touch. Horrible battery life and they have a bunch of bugs. My friend went through about 3-4 in the first two weeks. My other friends girlfriend's messed up in the second week too. Screen wouldn't go on. I have an EnV3(after 4 Env2's breaking on me god dammit) and it works great! The music player is awesome! Doesn't cut out when you get text, you can do anything on it while it's playing music. It's sweet. But besides that, it seems to not break, has better battery life, and doesn't have a stupid laggy touch screen. The Env Touch is just the Voyager 2. They just couldn't use the name, the phone looks nice, but still sucks like the Voyager.

See obviously, like with phones, you cant even trust information from friends or people you know. I know 2 people with the EnvTouch who have never had to turn their phone in (operated flawlessly with no defects) and only had minor bug issues that were updated and fixed. Their battery life is doing well also.

Some people just get the raw end of the deal. I have the Env2 and I think the phones fantastic except Im on my 3rd one and the front keypad just dies on every one. So, apart from that, its a wonderful phone. You could take it from me that its a bad phone but I dont use the front keypad much so it doesnt bother me much.

Post September 14th, 2009, 11:09 am

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
I have a Sony Ericsson C905, on Vodafone, costing me ?????????20 a month, for 100mins, and unlimited texts.

Only got that phone for the camera, 8megapixels :D
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post September 14th, 2009, 11:38 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

I'm using the Nokia N95 8GB right now...

Image Insert:
47.49 KB

It's a really cool phone and I've been using it for 2 years now without a single problem. Well, except for that one time, when I hacked it, and it was running a bit slow, but I fixed that.
It has pretty good battery life, awesome OS (only missing the FP2), amazing processing and graphic capabilitys and a poopload of RAM (for a 2 years old phone)...

But, next year, I'm SO getting one of these:

Image Insert:
47.46 KB
The Nokia N900...
Sure it runs maemo, but from what I've heard, it's a really good OS... Will take some getting used to tho.

GavG: do you have the N95 8GB or just the classic N95 in black?

Also, I don't understand what's with Americans and Palm, LG or Blackberry phones... These phones all look pretty nice (altho some extremely plasticky), but functionvise they're pretty bad... Is it becouse they're cheap?
Also, I don't know what the big deal with the iPhone is... They're making a hype over every basic function, which most basic phones have had for ages... And except for the quite cool UI, they don't really offer ANYTHING new...

Post September 14th, 2009, 11:56 am

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
I do think America gets phones later, than us in the EU and Asia, i know from a mate that you can get a Phone thats a watch on your wrist in China,
American phones dont seem so advanced, or is that we have more of a selection?
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post September 14th, 2009, 11:59 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Vid w: I have the 8GB version.
I don't like touch screens really so this has everything I want and need.
It is full of features and really easy to use.
The only issue I have had is I couldn't find a version of Tom Tom that was compatible as i find the onboard GPS to have many flaws.

Post September 14th, 2009, 12:38 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

The same as me than, cool!

Alos have you tryed Garmin?

Post September 14th, 2009, 1:07 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

No, to be honest I gave up looking quite quickly and just went back to planning routes before hand. Old fashioned I know but better than trusting a computerised voice not to lead me somewhere crazy.

Post September 14th, 2009, 2:16 pm

Points on hand: 120.00 Points
att > verizon. from experience.

i have a ATT blackberry curve 8310

Post September 14th, 2009, 3:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Originally posted by HazBruv

I do think America gets phones later, than us in the EU and Asia, i know from a mate that you can get a Phone thats a watch on your wrist in China,
American phones dont seem so advanced, or is that we have more of a selection?

One of the reasons that phones in America aren't as interesting is that the majority of them come from big carriers who tie users to a contract. There is no reason to get fancy phones when they know that people will usually buy phones from them anyway.

Post September 14th, 2009, 4:43 pm

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
I have an Env2 with verizon. The service is great, the customer service is great and the availability is great. I can get a signal everywhere i go. Plus the phone is great. Its reliable, has a great keyboard for texting and has great battery life.

^the message is up there^

Post September 14th, 2009, 4:57 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

Post September 14th, 2009, 5:06 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
I've had a regular old RAZR for 4 years now.. Yep, still. I don't like this phone at all, but it still works fine for what I need. My service provider is Cricket, $30/month - unlimited texts/minutes.

Post September 14th, 2009, 5:07 pm

Points on hand: 1,117.00 Points

Nokia 5800 with a Dutch National Provider called Hi.

Post September 14th, 2009, 5:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
To the people with the Env2, I loved the phone too! Thought it was awesome for texting, battery life was nuts, it was a cool phone. Only problem, the front went on three of them and the forth one they sent me came with the buttons not working. Like they were sending me my old phones, haha. XD So they finally upgraded me to the EnV3. Love it just a bit more for the music player updates and all! And it's a pretty phone as well. But yeah, loved the EnV2, just had that stupid button problem.

And as for the EnV TOUCH thing real, I know you can't always go with the bad, but it's just like that's all I've heard about the TOUCH. But I guess it's just preference. Sorry about ragging on it so much. Just my opinions.

Post September 14th, 2009, 5:44 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

I have a cheap flip phone that I got for free with my plan. It works awesome for only being $30 a month. Baller. No expensive unnecessary bills here. [:)]

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion