Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster newton2: a first look at the next version

newton2: a first look at the next version

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post September 15th, 2009, 1:59 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
Originally posted by Joker_Of_Hearts

damn... i wonder if he could send it to me or something... I like the look of just the roller coaster in a huge sandbox-esque map.

Rateher than a hint just ask entropy, unless he wants it solely for showcasing his rides, I can't see why he wouldn't share with you.

Post September 15th, 2009, 2:23 pm
AyTrane Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,132.00 Points
It wouldn't be that hard to make your own environment to look like that.

Post September 15th, 2009, 2:40 pm

Points on hand: 759.00 Points
Looks good, already waiting on the new straight geometry feature ^^

Post September 15th, 2009, 4:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,075.00 Points

Post September 15th, 2009, 5:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
...is that idea making a brake run? I hear you can make a very high quality brake run with the straight geometry in Newton 2...

Post September 15th, 2009, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 759.00 Points
ye and also a station and a Lift hill with curved geometry and straight combined

Post September 15th, 2009, 7:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Oh wow really, you can do that with curved and straight sections? lol thanks...you learn something new every day

[/sarcasm]

Post September 15th, 2009, 7:10 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
You can make a jet coaster with straight hills with straight geometry in Newton 2?

Post September 15th, 2009, 8:04 pm

Points on hand: 1,244.00 Points
Originally posted by cool5

You can make a jet coaster with straight hills with straight geometry in Newton 2?

If I'm understanding you, then yes. The functionality of the straight and curved geometries is a bit limited (I designed them mainly for stations, breaks, and lift hills), but you can still use them to create simple hills.

Post September 16th, 2009, 11:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,012.00 Points

So there's what... one, two days left in the week?
I'm excited, but it figures that it'd be out the weekend before I go back to school.

Post September 17th, 2009, 11:54 am

Points on hand: 1,105.00 Points
could someone send me a tutorial or a link on how to change all that jazz? Im super intrigued... (and its thursday where i live.... three day countdown)

Post September 17th, 2009, 11:59 am

What is this "Jazz" of which you speak? Looking for something as far as environments or more like newtony things?

Because if you're looking for an environment, I actually made a set last night (one with and one without shadows) that emulate the newton environment.

Post September 17th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,244.00 Points
There's a small update on the previously posted Youtube video. In short, I plan on releasing it over the weekend, so stay tuned....

Post September 17th, 2009, 2:53 pm

Post September 17th, 2009, 4:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points

Post September 17th, 2009, 5:29 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Are you going to charge these losers this time? If not, you're more of a loser than they are.

Post September 17th, 2009, 6:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,680.00 Points
Looking forward to this entropy. Thanks for your new program.

Post September 17th, 2009, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 155.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

Are you going to charge these losers this time? If not, you're more of a loser than they are.

you'd probably have to get permission from the developer of no limits in order to do so, seeing as it's pretty much an add on for NL. Or at least it would be good ettiquette to do so.

Post September 17th, 2009, 7:11 pm

That doesn't mean that he couldn't provide means for people to make donations (via paypal or something).

Post September 17th, 2009, 7:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points

...only a loser would post a pompous comment like that. How about you build your own program? It seems you think it would be easy.

What Entropy feels he needs to do with his program is up to him. If he requires a purchase for Newt2, then he'll do so. Don't be jealous.

Anyway, back to topic.

Entropy, you've done a great job with Newt1 and from your Tube previews, 2 will be even better. Thank you for your time and programming an excellent NL Tool.

Post September 18th, 2009, 7:08 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
Originally posted by Myriad

Because if you're looking for an environment, I actually made a set last night (one with and one without shadows) that emulate the newton environment.

I wouldn't mind these, will try n hook up with you on AIM, If not e-mail them over if you can, not sure if you still have my mail (pm me if not)

ExtremeG

Post September 18th, 2009, 8:17 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by Onjin

...only a loser would post a pompous comment like that. How about you build your own program? It seems you think it would be easy.

What Entropy feels he needs to do with his program is up to him. If he requires a purchase for Newt2, then he'll do so. Don't be jealous.

My comment was not pompous. Neither was I trying to explain that creating software such as this would be easy, that is not my opinion, I would simply be lost in this kind of field so I couldn't possibly comment. What I was merely pointing out is that there is a trick being missed by not charging for these bits of software and if it was me I would charge for certain.

It's up to him if he wishes to charge or not, maybe the loser comment was a bit harsh, but it's true that he's sitting on something he could make money from. Whereas he's putting his hours into producing it, seemingly, just for the amusement of doing it.

Ole charges for NoLimits, if I'd produced a piece of software to do a specific task, I would under no circumstances would release it for free. Maybe he's a nicer person than me, but... I like money.

Post September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

My comment was not pompous. Neither was I trying to explain that creating software such as this would be easy, that is not my opinion, I would simply be lost in this kind of field so I couldn't possibly comment. What I was merely pointing out is that there is a trick being missed by not charging for these bits of software and if it was me I would charge for certain.

It's up to him if he wishes to charge or not, maybe the loser comment was a bit harsh, but it's true that he's sitting on something he could make money from. Whereas he's putting his hours into producing it, seemingly, just for the amusement of doing it.

Ole charges for NoLimits, if I'd produced a piece of software to do a specific task, I would under no circumstances would release it for free. Maybe he's a nicer person than me, but... I like money.

Of course, you have to realize that every electronic item that costs money is torrented or sent peer-to-peer via Xfire, AIM, MSN, and other file sharing avenues.

Post September 18th, 2009, 12:20 pm

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
If he does charge money for it, I just hope it doesn't end up like the Gravimetric Studios Construction Kit, which is pretty much inaccessible now :(

Post September 18th, 2009, 1:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

gouldy, that comment makes yourself look incredibly stupid.

Just because it might be free it does not make him a "loser". People do program for enjoyment you know.

PreviousNext

Return to No Limits Coaster