Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions ohio trip!!!!!

ohio trip!!!!!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 19th, 2009, 1:59 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

my best freind and i are planning to visit kings island and cedar point. since we will be driving from kings island to cedar point we are wondering if there are any small parks with wooden coasters worth visiting on the way .. anyone from that area have any suggestions?

Post September 19th, 2009, 3:16 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
^ if you wanna try going a little further north, head to michigans adventure. i've herd they have a few good old woodies.

Post September 19th, 2009, 3:59 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Strickers but it's hard to get as they're only open a couple times a year. I'd try to do Indiana Beach and Holiday World if you can, both about 4 hours from the two parks you mentioned. That or Kennywood which is 3 hours from CP in the other direction. In just a straight line from KI to CP though....I think the only things with wood coasters are Strickers (medium sized family wood coaster with the most ridiculous drop ever, kids wood coaster) and Jungle Jacks (kids wood coaster). There's also Coney Island Ohio in that area which is a beautiful park with a lot of flat rides but the only coaster they have is a Pinfari Zyklon (although it's pretty good....has some ejector airtime in the second car on a few of the drops).

Post September 19th, 2009, 4:21 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

?????// i had no idea kennywood was so close .. i'd take kennywood over either in a second!

Post September 19th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post September 21st, 2009, 11:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,098.00 Points
If Geauga Lake was still around, it would be a great mid point. About 1hr 30mins from CP. They had decent woodies.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 1:06 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

never mind .. it's been cancelled .. i'm holding out for next year ..

Return to General Theme Park Discussions