Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Stunt Plane - Roller Coaster

Stunt Plane - Roller Coaster

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 23rd, 2009, 6:55 am
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
I've just gotten started on this idea/concept. It's not much now, but I just thought I would share. I'll be updating this thread when the model is complete.

Things to be done:
* Add more realistic looking back of plane
* Add realistic wings
* Add big fan on front of plane
* Add textures
* Find way for plane to sit on ground

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

Post September 23rd, 2009, 8:12 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

what exactly is meant to be going on? Is it simply a plane with a staged area of restrained seating hanging down from it, or is this meant to fit to a track?

Post September 23rd, 2009, 2:59 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

gouldy: This is not meant for a track. It is literally a plane with a coaster car strapped onto the bottom of it. However, the final design may be much different and/or complicated.

SFF: Funny point there. I realize that this kind of thing might never ever ever ever be done, but I still enjoy seeing what it might look like.

--edit--

Progress.. I don't really have any decent textures to work with so I am currently just 'coloring' it.

Post September 23rd, 2009, 4:41 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

you know what yould be the best? when in the air, drop the rollercoaster car and attatch some parachute type thing to scare the shiz out of the riders...
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 23rd, 2009, 5:29 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

That would be so crazy Turbo! If I knew how to animate, then I would definitely go all out with that idea. Since I don't though, maybe I'll just strap one on the back of the platform thing that the chairs are on, un-opened of course..

I think I need to move the wings a little closer to the front of the plane. Any thoughts on that, or is it okay where it is located?

* Add third tire in back of plane
* Find real textures
* Implement a parachute
* Add big fan on front of plane

Post September 23rd, 2009, 5:56 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

ok, number one, yes, the wings need to be closer for a propeller plane, second, to answer your previous question on how to hold it up... BIG ass tires.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 23rd, 2009, 6:34 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Wings moved. Big tires were my first thought Turbo, but then I removed them as I could not image the plane flying around with tires so big. They needed to be small enough to be able to fold into the plane like real airplanes.

So this is what I came up with. Does it look fine so far?

Post September 23rd, 2009, 7:24 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

how fast would this plane be flying exactly?

I can see some fairly dangerous flaws im your idea that you would have to overcome before it became viable.

Post September 23rd, 2009, 7:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points

Post September 23rd, 2009, 7:56 pm

Points on hand: 155.00 Points
if you were approaching this from a realistic point of view, I'd put the seats on top. People like to see the sky and being underneath the body puts the passengers in shade. Put the wings so they extend just behind the passengers so they can see forwards and down. Think about putting passengers in a V formation for better views as well as to spread the centre of gravity of the passengers more. Also putting passengers on the top is better for safety, cos if the plane you have crashes, what will take the brunt of the impact is the passengers, which is great for the pilot.

Oh, and have a jet engine, if you're gonna make something cool - at least make it awesome at the same time :p

Post September 23rd, 2009, 8:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post September 25th, 2009, 4:44 am
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hmm, some of those suggestions are very nice. Major re-construction has just begun. I'll update in a few days when I have something to show.

Keep in mind, this kind of thing will probably never ever ever be real. For that reason, of course what ever my final design is there will still be realism issues. So, when you guys look at what ever I come forth with, have an open-mind.

Return to Off Topic Discussion