Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Project Aero -- Intamin -- FIN -- UPDATE 8.10.

Project Aero -- Intamin -- FIN -- UPDATE 8.10.

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

FIN User avatar

Points on hand: 1,156.00 Points
Hi!

It's been awhile from the last time I touched the NoLimits sim. But now I started a new project: Project Aero -- (name not final).

Aero is an Intamin Mega coaster standing 55 meters high. It gives the rider high G-force turns, high speed turns, headchoppers and much airtime.

Here are some pics:

As always, advice would be great. I need some help with the name and colors.

FIN
Last edited by FIN on October 8th, 2009, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 5th, 2009, 9:48 am

Points on hand: 1,145.00 Points
In the third picture. The transition out of the turn when it rotates the opposite way you get that sideways hill. I've tried it. People dont like it. My advice is to change it if you can.

Post October 6th, 2009, 2:36 am
FIN User avatar

Ok, I see what you're trying to tell. The transition isn't very adrupt and completely smooth. Also the hill isn' as tilted as it seems in the picture.

---- UPDATE 6.10. ----

So, I completely rebuilt the ending because I wasn't completely happy with it. I also started on some supports and I would like to know that what do you guys think about them.

New pics:

Post October 6th, 2009, 4:21 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Mmmmm, sexy. I love the vibrant yellowgreen. I suggestr trying to make the supports stand out more. Compared to the track, they look kinda dull.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post October 6th, 2009, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by FIN

The transition isn't very adrupt and completely smooth. Also the hill isn' as tilted as it seems in the picture.

The transition isn't the problem, and don't worry, we can see that the hill is quite tilted from that picture.

The problem is the overuse of that element, and like Supra I would highly suggest removing it if you can.

Post October 6th, 2009, 5:12 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post October 6th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
Don't put a curving 0G roll there.
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post October 6th, 2009, 7:57 pm

Points on hand: 5,850.00 Points

Originally posted by ianko66

Mmmmm, sexy. I love the vibrant yellowgreen. I suggestr trying to make the supports stand out more. Compared to the track, they look kinda dull.

i actually think the supports look fine.
Dont buy starbucks coffee

its poison

Post October 7th, 2009, 3:17 am
FIN User avatar

I'm still working on the supports. I always make some test supports to see what do they look like before the final supports.

I also removed the transition-tilted hill element.

Post October 7th, 2009, 3:30 am

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
I'm glad I changed the track color to my ride. It was about the same yellow as yours. Now it's more of a neon green, lol.

But this looks cool! Are you posting this weekend or do you still a ways to go? Because if you are this weekend, it looks like tough competition. Although my ride wouldn't really stand up to much, it's nothing special, haha.

Post October 7th, 2009, 3:40 am
FIN User avatar

I don't think I will get the supports done, but I will try ;)

Post October 7th, 2009, 3:42 am

Yeah, after I just posted I noticed how much you had left to do, haha. And take your time man, no need to rush! :]

Post October 7th, 2009, 3:43 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Watch your shaping on the middle portion of that double down...from the picture it looks to me like it might be kinda awkward.

Post October 7th, 2009, 3:57 am
FIN User avatar

Yea I noticed that too. I tried my best to make it so it doesn't feel awkward. I think I did quite well and it doesn't feel as bad as it looks from the picture.

Post October 7th, 2009, 4:13 am

I think if anything that transition looked fun! I don't think it looked half bad! But it's different, this site hates different, lol. [lol]

Post October 7th, 2009, 9:23 am

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
^ yes this site absolutely hates different.

"you can't do that! that's hipocracy! No coaster has ever done THAT before, so that obviously means its not allowed, and can never be done! Because i said so and i make the rules because i am obviously god in human form!!!"

Ha, just do what you want people.

This ride looks amazing to me so far, those hill supports are looking mighty fine, and i love the colors! I'm also a huge fan of these mid-sized 120'-190' intamin mega's.

Post October 7th, 2009, 2:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
Is it technically a Mega coaster if it's under 200 feet?

Post October 7th, 2009, 3:11 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Originally posted by Omnigeek6

Is it technically a Mega coaster if it's under 200 feet?

The boundaries are blurry. The Mega, Giga and Strata nomenclature isn't really used much anymore. Intamin has made Mega coasters that are only 150 feet tall (EGF). So if you want to define Mega, I guess you could say 150-300 feet tall. I believe when SROS was built, Intamin did, at the time, define a Mega coaster as being 200 ft. tall.

That said, no one here is saying to conform and not trying something new. DC is just saying that if the shaping is awkward, then the ride will be uncomfortable and technically inferior. This would detract from technical, not increase originality.

Post October 7th, 2009, 3:14 pm
FIN User avatar

I reshaped that element and now it isn't as awkward as it was but without loosing the original shape of the element.

-- UPDATE 8.10. --

Yes sir! Project Aero is coming up nice and fast. All supports are completed and I have started to work on the scenery. This is going to be the last update before I release the ride.

I only have to do a nice enviroment, screenshot and maybe a cartexture.

Here are the pics:

I do have to clean those flanges, they look awful...[:D]

Post October 8th, 2009, 9:13 am

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
Dear god that last pick is just so gorgeous for some reason. I can't wait for this thing. is this coming sunday?

Post October 8th, 2009, 9:21 am
FIN User avatar

Yeah, probably on sunday, but I may not have the time to upload it on sunday. I f not, then I will upload it on tuesday.

And thanks, I too love that last pic.[:D]

Post October 9th, 2009, 10:12 am

Points on hand: 1,125.00 Points
Looks awesome! The lift hill and drop looks soo cool! [:)]

Return to Hard Hat Area