Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 13th, 2009, 10:42 pm

Points on hand: 685.00 Points
[/quote]

Well, after he bailed out those failing companies guess what?
[/quote]
if they where failing why shoud we spend billions of dollars to bail them out, its rhe way things work, someone fails and they pay for it, it could of opened a window for another company to rise up and be more sucsesfull than the other company ever was but still people would lose their jobs and thats a bad thing but once they lose them since they have the talent to work for one company i'm sure theres another company somewhere in america that would accept them.
i put the laughter in manslaughter!

Post October 13th, 2009, 11:34 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Originally posted by Tidus

You guys need to stop putting him down, he's only been in office 7-8 months, I mean poop, he's done more than G W. Bush ever did in his 8 years of being president...not that it's that hard to do more than good ol' G. W...

I am a proud Republican and I know that Obama should not have gotten this......yet. Its too early to know if he deserves this reward. As for Bush, he did much more then you think he did. Remember the "No Child Left Behind Act"? No? Didnt think so. Thats only one of the many things Bush did that helped this country.

FYI: Obama didnt bail out those companies; Bush did. You need to get your facts straight. Also, ignore the stock market. Unless you invest in it, there is no point in fallowing it. And at your age, I am 99% sure your not investing any large amount into stocks.

Tidus, you have a lot to learn. Dont take this the wrong way but....sit down and shut up.

Post October 13th, 2009, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

I can't believe people are so stupid as to give him the award for his promises. What ever happened to "Actions speak louder than words."?

Post October 14th, 2009, 7:44 am

Points on hand: 1,440.00 Points
I swear that some of you guys need to stop being so harsh!

Ya he probably doesn't deserve it, but who else does?

And speaking of the recessions, it has gotten better, unless you havn't noticed, fuel prices have gone back down to a reasonable level, at least in my town its 2.39 a gallon. IDK about where you live, but thats a sign the economy is getting better.

Also why do all of you bash him? what do you gain by yelling about this.

Im 16, and some of you on here who are older then me need to act a little more civilized.

Please give me evidence that the economy hasn't gotten better?

And don't use jobs, because freddie already pointed out that reason.
Cedar Point FTW

Post October 14th, 2009, 8:36 am

Points on hand: 535.00 Points

Well, after he bailed out those failing companies guess what?

Originally posted by 19121

if they where failing why shoud we spend billions of dollars to bail them out, its rhe way things work, someone fails and they pay for it, it could of opened a window for another company to rise up and be more sucsesfull than the other company ever was but still people would lose their jobs and thats a bad thing but once they lose them since they have the talent to work for one company i'm sure theres another company somewhere in america that would accept them.
That was honestly the most immature, and unbacked post in this entire discussion

FAIL/GAYNESS!

Thank you RM4, you know my evidence :)
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post October 14th, 2009, 11:22 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

explain why? it is NOT the government's job to make sure everyone's employed. as far as i'm concerned it's one of the few well thought out posts in this thread . .

Post October 14th, 2009, 11:36 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by Randomman4

And speaking of the recessions, it has gotten better, unless you havn't noticed, fuel prices have gone back down to a reasonable level, at least in my town its 2.39 a gallon. IDK about where you live, but thats a sign the economy is getting better.

The fuel prices went down because of the recession. Lower demand --> lower price.

Another measurement of economic activity other than unemployment, GDP, has been going up since April. Whether you want to credit it to natural adjustment or Obama's stimulus is up to you.

He said he didn't deserve it himself, but he's probably just being humble. You know he's rockin' that chain inside the White House.

Post October 14th, 2009, 11:36 am

Well jayman, how about the people who have lost their jobs and have not been, "another company somewhere in america that would accept them"'ed yet?

By bailing out these companies, even though jobs were lost, they've gotten back on their feet and are hiring again, and keeping the employees that are still there, saving them from being fired and waiting for a company to hire them again. There are people that have been waiting for 8-9 months to get a freakin' job, and Obama at least helped some keep their jobs; sometimes you've gotta sacrifice for something to get better! And once again, now that these companies are getting back on their feet after being saved, they're re-hiring their employees, and starting anew.

That is why that previous statement was gay and a fail, and not though-out. Anyone can blabber about how people have lost their jobs in this bad economy, but back it up please! I think that things are getting better!

Danks!

Post October 14th, 2009, 4:23 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

^ but thats backwards, that is not wht the government of this country is supposed to do. it sucks when people lose their jobs, but it's not the rest of our responsibility to get them new ones. i know it sounds thoughtless to say so but the american president has far motre important things to do than save buisinesses and help people keep their jobs .i honestly think you really dont know what you are talking about, and just repeating the things you hear the "cool kids " say.after they go to a michael moore movie. .

Post October 14th, 2009, 6:48 pm

Points on hand: 850.00 Points
Uhh, not tryna interrupt or anything, but does anyone have a degree in political science? Or an economical degree even? Just curious, cuz if you do, id like to know what college you went to, im looking to sign up for spring courses.

[^][:D]

Post October 14th, 2009, 7:02 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points

...That is why that previous statement was gay and a fail...

Oh, so now you are criticizing gays? Tidus, you need to learn that you pretty much know very little about the economy. I myself know little, which is why I keep my mouth shut. Learn to admit you are wrong and accept that Obama is not Jesus.

In simple terms:

Obama does not equal good economy.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post October 14th, 2009, 7:18 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
That is why that previous statement was gay and a fail, and not though-out. Anyone can blabber about how people have lost their jobs in this bad economy, but back it up please! I think that things are getting better!

Danks!

You're what 13? Have you ever even held a job?

Also regarding the gay thing. You do realize that most gay men have rather high standards of themselves and these "standards" equate to them being able to smash your face into the concrete no problem? You don't pick fights with gay people, lots of them are very physically fit and will punch the hell out of you.

Most of the gays you see are the irritating sissy emo types like the ones that populate this site and make things annoying for everyone. Most of them are not like that and will beat you up if you don't watch your mouth/graduate 7th grade.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 14th, 2009, 7:54 pm

*slaps forehead

Jayman...He helped them ALREADY, now he has finally shifted to other things...thanks for telling me, becacuse I had NO idea...

RCking04...I never said he was Jesus, or Allah, or freaking Buddah. All i'm saying is that he's trying, and he got an award for it...LIVE WITH IT (that goes to all of you).

And you two...You guys are jumping...on the "gay" thing?!

I was not even talking about gays! It was a simile, idiom, whatever the f it is; what are you, 13 guys?

Post October 14th, 2009, 8:31 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post October 14th, 2009, 9:21 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
And you two...You guys are jumping...on the "gay" thing?!

Yes I am most definitely jumping on the gay thing. People kill themselves REGULARLY over this, not once a year or something isolated. That is something I find rather serious. Middle school kids should not be using that as a negative adjective.

I was not even talking about gays! It was a simile, idiom, whatever the f it is; what are you, 13 guys?

So if I was to say that I "negroed out a car" it's okay because I really meant "a simile, idiom, whatever the f it is" as you so eloquently put it? Don't be a goddamned moron and cut it the hell out. Jackass.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 15th, 2009, 9:15 pm

Points on hand: 685.00 Points
Originally posted by Panther16

Uhh, not tryna interrupt or anything, but does anyone have a degree in political science? Or an economical degree even? Just curious, cuz if you do, id like to know what college you went to, im looking to sign up for spring courses.

[^][:D]

no but my brother is working on his masters in political science, starting with Bachelor's degree in political science from texas a&m university and will get his masters from liberty university. and he fills me in on alot... him and fox news.

EDIT:

*slaps forehead

All i'm saying is that he's trying, and he got an award for it...LIVE WITH IT

i'm trying to help the economy too by buying a fuel efficient car that was made in america and carpooling and stuff like that.
whats obama doing, thats right flying two gas guzzling planes to copenhagen to discuss the olympics!!! oh yeah thats right i forgot silly me [sillyme] he puts the important stuff first, not the stuff he said he was going to do or the stuff that needs to be done.
i put the laughter in manslaughter!

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion