Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Personal Guard 2009 and an Endorsement of Ghost

Personal Guard 2009 and an Endorsement of Ghost

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Points on hand: 1,764.00 Points
Personal Guard 2009, it is a virus, it infected my computer. [xx(]

Downloaded Malwarebytes, but unfortunately, the virus blocked proper installation. Therefore, I was unable to remove it... almost, at least....

This is where a brilliant program called Symantec Ghost came in. With it, I can take snapshots of my hard drive, and in the event of catastrophe (like a virus infection), I essentially have a quick fix in the form of a reset button on a floppy disk. [:D][:D][:D]

So, after ghosting back to my latest snapshot (thankfully, it was not even a day old), I was able to retry the installation of Malwarebytes, successfully, and upon running the scan...

TA-DA!!! The Trojans were revealed. There were two, but now they are gone. [:D][8D][^]

Seriously, guys, Ghost is incredible, it works seperately from Windows making it almost impossible for viruses to block, and it is a nearly trouble-free temporary fix for those annoying viruses that block certain malware-destroyers from functioning.

The only drawback, you need two hard drives.

This reminds me, I just got rid of two trojans, better update my Ghost...

(Back in half an hour)
Last edited by Thomas Kaira on October 31st, 2009, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 31st, 2009, 9:51 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Would an external hard drive work?
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post October 31st, 2009, 11:17 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I used a trojan last night to block any kind of virus. It was fun.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 31st, 2009, 1:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,764.00 Points
Yes, I do think an external drive would work, you would just need a means of connecting it to your computer.

Oh, and make sure it is big enough to store whatever data you have on your current drive, I myself might need to upgrade soon. (Drive 1 is 500Gb, drive 2 is 75Gb [|)])

Return to Off Topic Discussion