Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Denmark Trip Day 5: Tivoli Gardens

Denmark Trip Day 5: Tivoli Gardens

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post October 31st, 2009, 3:09 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
27 June 2009: Tivoli Gardens

Today was the day that I'd finally would ride the last B&m coaster in Europe: D?????????monen!
(The 11 B&M's in Europe: Air, Nemesis, Oblivion, Nemesis Inferno, Silverstar, Black Mamba, Batman La Fuga, Superman Acero, Dragon Khan, Katun and D?????????monen.)

When arriving at the park I wanted to do as first the classic woody with brakeman. This system of cars work completely different than on the coaster from Bakken. It's like 2-3 Frames with wheels, where a couple of cars are mounted on. It was cool, but not as fun as the one in Bakken.
I eventually rode it twice in a row. Just because there was no queue. [:D]

The loading station from the woody.

After that it was on to a mack Powered Coaster. It went over rooftops and through some trees and that was it. xD

Time for something bigger and bettter!

Look at all that twisted steel [pshades]

Gentle Predrop

Hey cool, I know that ride!

There goes a train

People on the drop

Really cool loop

After the loop strait into the immelmann

Awesome Immelmann

To do a really cool Zero G roll after that

Sign at the entrance of the ride. The ride costs 3 tickets, or just can just buy a wristband.

Really nice building

Loop the Loop!

And more beautyfull shaping

Oh wait, I've got another coastercredit to do! A mini Zierer Tivoli [:D]

On the way to a nice place to get some food we hit some random parade. No qlue about what it actually is, but it's far from special imo.

Beautyfull surroundings in the park

Time for some food! Good Steak Restaurant in the park! Too bad it's a little expensive compared the amount of food you'll get.

Hey look, a show. Just when we got our food the show started. [:)]

There was some kind of cool interactive stuff. The whole show was spread out over 2 different stages. Midway the show the characters went over to other stage with lot's of humor included.

And at the other stage, the show continued and finished.

Time for some more B&m goodyness!

Yuk, a queueline. Luckily this one is shorter than the awesome Vertigo (Those self-opp airplanes from techincal park)

Immelmann <3

Down the loop!

Caught on camera! xD

Yay for onride photo's!

Loop!

Woot! <3 the Evening queue. Barely anything! [:D]

The lights in the evening were awesome! As soon as the train passed over the lights turned a different color! Looked really awesome!

<3 beautyfull park

Vertigo in action! [lol]

More twisted track

Another shot at the immelmann. <3 that shaping

And as soon as the ride is closed. The lights go off, but those spots stay on. More awesome evening photo's! <3

Zero G Roll

Twisted track

Zero G Roll and Looping

When we left the park the rides were closed, but on the stages and in the restaurants was still enough activity.

Beautyfull lights

One of the pathways to the exit of the park

Yup, that's were we have been today!

Me and my mom in front of the Entrance

It was still warm outside 20?????????C +

Need some advertising, I think there is still somewhere a spot free... [lol]

Rollercoaster Counter:
246: Rutschebanen: 2 Rides
247: Odin Expressen: 1 Ride (3 laps)
248: D?????????monen: 19 Rides
249: Karavanen: 1 Ride (5 laps)

My opinion:
Tivoli is an awesome park with some really awesome rides. D?????????monen was a damn fun experience and without a doubt the best rollercoaster from that park. The first helix part is just good tension build-up only to get a nice floater from the drop. Nice forcefull Loop with a nice forcefull immelmann right after that. A cool banked turn and then strait into the Zero G roll with again really nice forces only to get your photo taken right after that. A couple of nice turns and then into the brakes with a mini ejector. For the smallest B&M ever build it's far from the least B&M. [:)]

Other parts from my Trip:
Day 1: Heide Park
Day 2: Hansa Park
Day 3: Bakken
Day 4: BonBon Land
*Current Day*
Day 6: Copenhagen & Tivoli Gardens
Day 7: Sommerland Syd
Last edited by Dirk_Ermen on October 31st, 2009, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post October 31st, 2009, 3:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
Wow! D?????????monen looks amazing at night!
Just keep scrolling...

Post October 31st, 2009, 4:34 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Yeah D?????????monen looks like a really impressive ride, it's like my favourite style of ride, compact B&M floorless. I have tried to recreate it in the past but it was too difficult without tools. I never knew it had those lights along the length of it though, that is truly sweet!

Edit: What did you think of Rutschebanen, because in pictures that ride looks so cool!

Post October 31st, 2009, 8:44 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

Yeah D?????????monen looks like a really impressive ride, it's like my favourite style of ride, compact B&M floorless. I have tried to recreate it in the past but it was too difficult without tools. I never knew it had those lights along the length of it though, that is truly sweet!

Edit: What did you think of Rutschebanen, because in pictures that ride looks so cool!

I like D?????????monen because the exact same reasons, Compact!

Rutschebanen was a fun ride to do. Cars kinda tilted bit sideways in the corners but that's because the way they're mounted on the frames. Ride was just fun, no airtime or any crazy unexpected stuff. (Or you should like S turns in the dark.)
Fun to do and that's it...

Sounds hars for a classic ride but I expected a lot more from the ride. (Since i've heard people prefer this one over the one at bakken, and because the woody at bakken blew me away. I probably expected too much from it...)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports