Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Idiots on Youtube

Idiots on Youtube

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 2nd, 2009, 7:18 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
People on youtube have no clue what they are talking about. They don't even know what pumping is!

So I commented on this ride:

which can also be found here on Coaster Crazy. And I write this:

There seemed to be a lot of pumping and#65279; poor transitions; I believe that was already mentioned on CC. But, the main problem is the 2.5 g stop at the end. That is bound to break a few necks.

Makes sense. Constructive criticism that the average coaster enthusiast could understand, or apparently not. Here is the reply I got from Coasterfreak900:

Dude, 2.5 gs is perfect fine and wont even come close to breaking necks. Some roller coasters have stops and accelerations over 4 gs and even that is#65279; tolerable.

[lol][lol][lol][lol] I'm sorry, that cracked me up. 4 gs of deceleration! What world did he come from? I didn't get the chance to reply but I got another comment from another moron, xygomorphic77:

What the hell is pumping? Ive never heard of that term before, ever. And 2 g's will not break your neck or do anything. Your just lying through your teeth or plain#65279; stupid. I wonder if you even know poop about things like this.

I was just wondering the same thing myself. So, this guy is just as stupid, maybe more. This is almost like that girl in my school that was wondering whether the Earth went around the Sun or the Sun moved around the Earth! So I replied, kindly:

Pumping is the inconsistency in directional change. So if a ride is going#65279; up slightly and all of the sudden goes up tremendously, thats pumping. It usually occurs on inversions, turns and even hills. Usually you have to either use less vertices get your angles perfect.

As for the 2.5 g stop, it is bad. TTD and KK have a little over one because your going wicked fast. That is really strong. When you make your brake longer and activae right at the begining. And, yes I'm actually on coaster sites.

There were a few typos because of the lack of Characters permitted. So, I got this in reply, from the same guy:

If that what "pumping" is defined as, I didn't see any of that in this coaster and I don't see it as that big of#65279; an issue anyway if its slight. And come to think of it, I think your one puny coaster has just that so whoever made this tried a lot better then you. Actions speak louder than words, kid.

Now, all he has to defend himself is insulting my ride. Last I checked, you can still help other people out no matter how bad you are.

So, I come out with examples of pumping, now I was pretty pissed:

1:49 1:14 1:38 1:40 Those are all examples of pumping.The pumping isn't dramatic, but pretty obvious. I think that you are the one who doesn't know poop about things like this. If you don't know what pumping is, and can't identify it, that means you don't have enough#65279; experience in the coaster world to criticize. If you think think that 2.5 gs in deceleration is okay you are just plain stupid. And come to think of it, I don't think you can find any pumps in my "puny coaster."

I missed my mark on the last one but it is a few seconds later. So, I insult his intelligence. Now, he comes out w/ something else:

Hey look pal I don't want to argue with some obsessed 14 year old on this topic so please don't turn into an average youtube flame war fighter. I think your way too negative on these#65279; coaster since you don't have anything nice to say to even the best coasters here with proportion to what you've made yourself, this dude and most other people tried a lot harder than you did. Sheesh... I deal with people like this every day.

So, he still thinks to insult my ride, and this time he insulted my age! He also wants to end the fight because he is losing to a 14 year old, hahaha. I'm scared of him/her. Yeah, he's in the top ten idiots list. Now it is time for the number two idiot:

A pretty bad ride, by Coasterfreak900, who came up in our previous discussion. So, I write:

That was a really bad top hat and there was pumping everywhere!#65279; I'm pretty sure the forces were high too. The supports need serious help.

So, I'm helping out, not the friendliest but not obnoxiously rude . I didn't know what the forces were so I said that they were "probably" bad. And Coasterfreak900 doesn't even know what he is building:

Dude, can you be more specific? What needs to changed about the support and the so called "Top Hat"? The highest force was 4.5 gs which is perfectly fine unless it lasts for several minutes.

No offense kid,#65279; you need to learn not to show your negativity if what you say isn't constructive.

Yeah, the so called "top hat". I believe there was one in his ride. Shouldn't he know what he is building? And he didn't know what was wrong with the supports when they obviously looked pretty bad. So this other random person comes around who is the big idiot here, Happy American Kid. First look at the name. Now, look at the comment:

Id say this is better then what you made you stupid asshole. I don't even know what pumping is but I guess its some term you made; up which doesn't make any sense you stupid moron. Your criticism was not constructive.

Again, going back to my ride. And this time mine is far better. So, he says I have made up the word pumping. That technically is a compliment. He doesn't realize that but apparently I'm a genius! And it doesn't make sense to him. Yeah, he was pissed for no reason at all. He is truly an idiot.
Last edited by devilsrule911 on November 2nd, 2009, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 2nd, 2009, 7:25 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
ho bout give us a link to the person saying all this so we can all jump on his face and own him for a while? I love owning overconfident idiots.

Post November 2nd, 2009, 7:28 pm

On the embed videos you can press the name of the video on the top and it will take you right to the main video. Somebody else jumping in is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5orvxSwLTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHL86WOn ... re=related

Post November 2nd, 2009, 7:42 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

yeah, you get a lot of this. The people who seem to be the kind of people who upload their rides on youtube, tend to be awful at NL but assume they're amazing because of all the other stuff on youtube.

I once commented on a Nemesis recreation, it was truly awful, but had a rating of 5 stars. Needless to say that I ripped it to pieces over a series of comments and I got a very violent response from the guy claiming that I was a complete idiot and that it was hard to build with NL so you can't make realistic coasters very well let alone recreations and that he would like to see me try to build a decent coaster. [lol] I left it at that because there is no point arguing with that kind of person.

EDIT: There is so many things wrong with that second coaster you posted, it's unbelievable!

how bad is the risk of rollback and valleying on the return journey on the top hat!!! not to mention the transition on the dive loop thing or the unbelievably poor dispatch rate that ride would have.

Post November 2nd, 2009, 7:42 pm

Post November 2nd, 2009, 7:45 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Let's build a ride just for Coasterfreak900 that has a 4g stop, and see what he thinks of it [lol]

And your Tidal Wave is WAY better than his Shockwave.

I just thought it was funny when he said "so called 'top hat'" [lol]
American Eagle Lover

Post November 2nd, 2009, 8:01 pm

^And for some reason that guy thinks that Coasterfreak900's is better.[confused]

Post November 2nd, 2009, 8:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points

Originally posted by gouldy

I got a very violent response from the guy claiming that I was a complete idiot and that it was hard to build with NL so you can't make realistic coasters very well let alone recreations and that he would like to see me try to build a decent coaster.

c'mon! you just let that slide?!? You should have linked here and showed him any of your rides... I would have LOVED to see his reaction...

Post November 2nd, 2009, 9:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Gouldy, Please give me a link to that. I'm begging you!

Post November 2nd, 2009, 9:59 pm
AyTrane Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,132.00 Points
The Zambezi Zinger at Worlds of Fun hit 1.92 G's into the brakes, I'm sure Wildcat at Cedar Point calculates higher at the final brakes.

Post November 2nd, 2009, 11:15 pm

Originally posted by Jonny Richey

Let's build a ride just for Coasterfreak900 that has a 4g stop, and see what he thinks of it [lol]

Yes, and we build a ride for Burtnbrnr495 that is a B&M Hyper that reaches forces of up to -300gs [:)] He'll like that ejector air!

Post November 3rd, 2009, 3:06 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by coasterpimp

Gouldy, Please give me a link to that. I'm begging you!

The video has since been removed, I tried to find it the last time we had one of these bashing YouTube NoLimits vids a couple of months back.

But the user was Overlord2002obliviou (Seemingly since deleted from YouTube) and this ois the main part of his message:

"Exf*ckingscuse me ... My lift hill is straight ...Worst recreations huh is that why all the g's are 99.99% Exactly the same as the real nemesis if you think thats a crap recreation then go fist yourself..."

The ride seriously was a piece of crap and his lift hill was NOT straight, it's one of the only lift hills I've ever seen that was bent into two different planes, it's usually correct in at least one plane! [lol]

Post November 3rd, 2009, 11:57 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
You all care too much
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 3rd, 2009, 12:17 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post November 3rd, 2009, 3:43 pm
SNJ

Points on hand: 668.00 Points
Eh, youtube people are retarded, but like, there is a time when you bite your lips and shut up. I was in line for Superman: The Escape at SFMM, and this guy was talking to his kids in front of him about the ride.

"0 - 110 in 2 seconds." In my head I was saying, "wow, he's way off. Not only has this ride not reached 100 in probably a few years, but it takes seven seconds..."

He continues: "Yeah, 450 feet tall!" I continue in my head "wtf? No ride is that high at all." (Pre KK)

I was considering saying something but then...what's the point? Either I would sound like a complete jerk and a snob, or he would still believe what he thinks. I thought it was better to just leave it alone.

The guys who claim these facts are wrong, but that means that they're obviously not as obsessive about it as you guys are. Which means: It doesn't matter. Of course if they go off telling people these then you're just going to have to say 'fugit.' Let them be ignorant. It's better than you being an asshole.

Post November 3rd, 2009, 4:49 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

yeah, general public quotes are always amusing, quite often bought about by the way the park advertises rides and stuff. But this is a bit different to the ignorance of the general public, this is people who are actively building coasters and uploading them onto youtube with the opinion that they are the greatest thing on earth!

Post November 3rd, 2009, 5:12 pm
SNJ

I don't think they're saying their rides are the greatest thing on earth. They may be misguided on their talents, but you should just link to examples as opposed to bitching with them and stooping down to their level. I guess if all else fails you should just screw with them I suppose....

Post November 3rd, 2009, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,615.00 Points

Originally posted by SNJ

Eh, youtube people are retarded, but like, there is a time when you bite your lips and shut up. I was in line for Superman: The Escape at SFMM, and this guy was talking to his kids in front of him about the ride.

"0 - 110 in 2 seconds." In my head I was saying, "wow, he's way off. Not only has this ride not reached 100 in probably a few years, but it takes seven seconds..."

He continues: "Yeah, 450 feet tall!" I continue in my head "wtf? No ride is that high at all." (Pre KK)

I was considering saying something but then...what's the point? Either I would sound like a complete jerk and a snob, or he would still believe what he thinks. I thought it was better to just leave it alone.

The guys who claim these facts are wrong, but that means that they're obviously not as obsessive about it as you guys are. Which means: It doesn't matter. Of course if they go off telling people these then you're just going to have to say 'fugit.' Let them be ignorant. It's better than you being an asshole.

I'm sorry but that's pathetic. You're making like it's a big deal that some non coaster enthusiast father was slightly off when stating the statistics of the ride. It's not even as though he was particularly wrong with what he said. 10 miles an hour and 35 feet off is basically negligible especially for someone who isn't enthusiastic about coasters.

Post November 3rd, 2009, 7:27 pm

Points on hand: 685.00 Points
last year at kemah there was a man stating that the bullet was 260 feet tall and went 190 mph. but he also had a budwieser in his hand.
i put the laughter in manslaughter!

Post November 3rd, 2009, 8:30 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
You need like 6 buds to even get buzzed unless you're a pussy so that man was just ignorant.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 3rd, 2009, 8:36 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

yeah, general public quotes are always amusing, quite often bought about by the way the park advertises rides and stuff. But this is a bit different to the ignorance of the general public, this is people who are actively building coasters and uploading them onto youtube with the opinion that they are the greatest thing on earth!

One time I was in line for Raging Bull at Great America, I heard the kid in front of me say "I want to ride the American Eagle before they get rid of it." I asked "why would they get rid of it?" He said "because it's old."
American Eagle Lover

Post November 3rd, 2009, 10:45 pm

Points on hand: 850.00 Points
Did anyone ever think that maybe these people just wanted recognition for a good ride that they put their hard work into? Instead of a bunch of people bitching at them over pumps and lats?

Post November 4th, 2009, 4:31 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ I'll repeat the reply I got back when I constructively critisised a guys Nemesis recreation, because it had been rated 5/5 even though it was awful:

"Exf*ckingscuse me ... My lift hill is straight ...Worst recreations huh is that why all the g's are 99.99% Exactly the same as the real nemesis if you think thats a crap recreation then go fist yourself..."

I never once was bitchy or nasty to him. I literally just pointed out the problem and how to improve on them and where to look to get information about real rides for recreations. This is not a justified response from someone who "just wanted recognition for a good ride that they put their hard work into".

What he seemingly wanted was for people to lick his arse, despite his ride being a pile of utter sh*te

Post November 4th, 2009, 11:44 am

^ see at that point, i would show him a g force graph, or something else that would instantly prove him wrong. I'm not they type to let people get away with being wrong and thinking they're right, so if i were you, i would have taken drastic measures to make him realize how much of an idiot he really is.

Post November 4th, 2009, 3:05 pm
SNJ

Originally posted by vampire

Originally posted by SNJ

I'm sorry but that's pathetic. You're making like it's a big deal that some non coaster enthusiast father was slightly off when stating the statistics of the ride. It's not even as though he was particularly wrong with what he said. 10 miles an hour and 35 feet off is basically negligible especially for someone who isn't enthusiastic about coasters.

Wtf? I DIDN'T make a big deal. If you read what I said I basically came to the conclusion that it would be stupid if I DID say something. It was my moment of realizing it doesn't matter. Please read this again...

It was an example as to why you don't need to be a snob and tell people they're wrong. Get over it, dude. poop.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion