Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Dust and Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

Dust and Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 5th, 2009, 9:24 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Anyone ever play these? They were point and click adventure games from 1995 and 1997 respectively with great story-lines and even better atmosphere. I recently "acquired" them both again after having lost the CDs years ago and still after all these years they're fun as hell.

I just finished up the Titanic one and am about to start Dust. The Titanic one is pretty much my favorite game ever. While it was obviously easier to complete now that I'm much older.....the atmosphere was still extremely creepy to me just as it was when I was playing it at 8 years old and there were a few points on it that made me jump.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic:_A ... ut_of_Time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust:_A_Ta ... Wired_West

Worth checking out if you're into old games...They both run fine on XP which means they should work on Win7 as well. Not sure about Vista though. The graphics are actually pretty good too, considering the age.

Post November 5th, 2009, 11:13 pm

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
I remember playing part of the way through that Titanic game a long time ago on an old win 95 computer. It kind of reminded me of the Myst series. I never got to play all the way through, because it was really glitchy and would randomly freeze up as I walked into certain parts of the ship.

Some other classic adventure games worth checking out:
Lighthouse: The Dark Being
Hugo's House of Horrors 1-3
The Secret of Monkey Island (I'm playing through the new special edition right now)

Post November 5th, 2009, 11:27 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

It played completely off the CD (it's like 1.4gb, which was pretty huge for a game back then), so if your CD was scratched it would skip quite a bit. I think low speed drives caused issues too. Using a virtual drive with an iso works great however....runs extremely smooth.

I miss Myst a lot. I found my CD at one point but have since lost it again. If I find it again I'm definitely going to install it.

Post November 6th, 2009, 2:53 am
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
I played the titanic one , I always thought the beginning with the bombing was kind of weird though. It definitely added to the plot though. Definitely was a fun game though, if only I could find it.

Post November 6th, 2009, 11:41 am

Points on hand: 108.00 Points
Holy awesome....I loved that Titanic game. Was so much fun. ESP. for being as old as it is. I need to find it, have it laying around somewhere.

Return to Off Topic Discussion