Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Voyage Timberliners

Voyage Timberliners

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post November 10th, 2009, 6:21 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

off topic, I know, but I used to feel a certain amount of respect for GerstlCrazy, but in recent months... man, I dunno, you've become some kind of 16 year old or something. Not that you will care what I think, because obviously nothing outside of you matters.

Post November 10th, 2009, 8:23 am

Points on hand: 155.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Originally posted by blythy

Pretty soon a wooden roller coaster will be a steel roller coaster with wooden supports.

A mine train.

Better wooden trains means better wooden coasters - faster, longer etc. Also means that the track will be able to take more, so greater forces etc. And these trains can do stuff like be launched. And that is gonna be something damn cool to see.

Yeah, like I said. Steel roller coasters.

Dumbass.

what?

Post November 10th, 2009, 10:24 am

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Originally posted by gouldy

off topic, I know, but I used to feel a certain amount of respect for GerstlCrazy, but in recent months... man, I dunno, you've become some kind of 16 year old or something. Not that you will care what I think, because obviously nothing outside of you matters.

Well maybe if you guys would just get off his case a little, he's entitled to his own opinions and he obviously doesn't care what you guys think. It's just a little "third-gradish" to be calling his statements rude on a forum.

Last time I checked he was 16 or 17 [lol].

Post November 10th, 2009, 11:15 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

yeah, I knew he was 16. Well, at least I looked at the age it says on his profile.

What do you mean, get off his case? I wasn't attempting get on anyones case to be honest, it just feels to me that lately almost every comment of his that I read is just riddled with sarcasm and the general demeanour of a "know it all" teenager.

I like to be quite laid back and stuff, but when you've got some kid making out like everything he says is gospel, it's just a bit crap. I can understand that I was probably a bit of dick when I was 16 too, as were most people, most probably. But the only way you really come to realise this is if people tell you you're a being a dick, otherwise you keep on going along your line of dickism forever.

So, here it is; GerstlCrazy, in general, you're a bit of a dick.

Post November 10th, 2009, 12:22 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Am I the only person that thinks this is actually a good idea? No offense to PTCs, but they are really primitive. As a tall person, I love the extra leg room. And "The Voyage" was never really about the roughness or shakiness, it was about the speed, the airtime, and the intense lateral g transitions. And if these trains are going to increase the speed, that will just make it completely ridiculous in the intensity department. And come on, even Millennium Flyers still retain a bit of woodie shuffle. Thunderhead was actally a bit bumpy the last time I rode it. Yes, the trains do look ugly, but I'll take function over form. I don't really see many negatives here, and I can't even imagine a Voyage that is even more intense. It was bordering on too insane already...

Post November 10th, 2009, 12:28 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by jayman

i would find myself with no reason to visit knotts with the exception of the log ride and the mine train ..

Shuttle loop
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 10th, 2009, 12:37 pm

Points on hand: 962.00 Points
I rode with Kory from GG a few times on Voyage after they had designed the trains. I'm sure his height had a little to do with the roominess of the new trains.

Post November 10th, 2009, 12:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yeah gouldy, he's a dick and he doesn't care. What can you do. I'm certainly not worried about it...it's not my problem lol.

Post November 10th, 2009, 1:42 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Yeah, he won't give a flying doohickey what I or anyone says, he's that type of person, but I just felt I needed to say it was all.

But, it's all good because it's differences in personality that makes us all different and therefore un-boring [lol].

CJD. I like your theory and your positivity, but we'll have to wait until the trains are actually on the track and running before someone can ride the thing and say whether or not the ride is actually smoother and faster. But for my mind, I bet that ever if it is faster, it won't be as intense. And the "intense lateral g transitions" that you're talking about, surely will just hurt with these new restraints? As they won't allow your waist/bottom half to move, but your top half will be twisting under lateral force.

The newer trains on Stampida at Port Aventura, for example, absolutley clamp your bottom half rock solid, but your top half is allowed to be free. I wrenched my spine and muscles in my side on one of the corners. Needless to say, I didn't ride it again. And I'd heard that ride was awesome before the new trains.

Post November 10th, 2009, 2:11 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^the new trains on stampida are from KumbaK, which are all a bunch of loser who makes painfull trains regardless of the coaster.

Post November 10th, 2009, 2:23 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

yeah I know, but the reason I got hurt was because the restraints didn't allow you to move around in the car, much as these restraints don't appear to

Post November 10th, 2009, 5:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,066.00 Points
Looks to me from the pictures we will have our legs inclined a bit, and our butts really low... other wise this may not accommodate to bulgier people.

Post November 10th, 2009, 5:43 pm

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
The seats look kind of narrow in this picture, and it doesn't look like there's a good way to brace yourself for the strong laterals near the end of the ride.

Post November 10th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
As much as I like being able to move around a little bit in a coaster car, I also like not having to fight with a seatbelt . . . I can't tell exactly but, are these new trains going to be equiped with seatbelts?

Post November 10th, 2009, 8:20 pm

I hope not. I think with the PTC's they were required by the company. But I don't see why these would need seat-belts.

Post November 10th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

One of the crucial aspects of the Timberliners' design is the restraints. It's a simple lapbar, nothing more. I think some of the documentation even explicitly mentions the absence of seatbelts.

Post November 10th, 2009, 8:57 pm

Points on hand: 962.00 Points

Post November 10th, 2009, 9:00 pm

Oh and yeah I made all that lake compounce and gerstlauer stuff up... :)

Post November 10th, 2009, 9:41 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^Excellent.

I'm not a dick. I just generally output a negative attitude when I'm around ignorant people, which I sense an abundance of lately on here. And the true attribute isn't rudeness or dickness, it's just my tendency to comment with snide sarcasm [dorkhat]

Post November 10th, 2009, 9:58 pm

You've shown a negative attitude toward me in particular, so apparently I'm ignorant. Thanks guy.

Post November 10th, 2009, 10:11 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
These trains actually might be growing on me. They still lack the preferred look but if they're as comfortable as they look like they're designed for then maybe rides like Hades and Voyage will be much more tolerable and therefore more inviting.

Post November 10th, 2009, 10:34 pm

Well, I've liked them from the start only thinking, "Man these will make such a different experience... but they look a bit odd."

And liked them a bit more and more.

I always believed that people don't coupe well with change, when they are happy with the original.

Post November 10th, 2009, 10:58 pm

Points on hand: 5,850.00 Points

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Originally posted by jayman

i would find myself with no reason to visit knotts with the exception of the log ride and the mine train ..

Shuttle loop

dude. totally agree.
Dont buy starbucks coffee

its poison

Post November 11th, 2009, 7:54 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I'm not a dick. I just generally output a negative attitude when I'm around ignorant people, which I sense an abundance of lately on here. And the true attribute isn't rudeness or dickness, it's just my tendency to comment with snide sarcasm [dorkhat]

Whether it's dicknessism or snide sarcasm, stop it! [:P][lol]

Anyway, it seems that the Gravity Group have a dedicated facebook group thing and me and Jayman made a couple of comments in there that drew a response from GG, I have made a response back and I'll post some details of what's said if they say anything back. Unless you wanna just go find the facebook group yourself [lol]

Post November 11th, 2009, 12:48 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

yep.. seems you and i were the only ones who werent acting like kiss ass fanboys and we got noticed . i just got an email from them yesterday in my hotmail. also i felt you were quite eloquent in your response dan...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!