Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Terrain Schwarzkopf

Terrain Schwarzkopf

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post January 29th, 2010, 3:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Hey everyone, it's been almost a year since I've posted a coaster that wasn't for a contest, so for the last few weeks I've been working on a Schwarzkopf terrain coaster pretty heavily inspired by Lisebergbanan in Sweden. I haven't finished the layout yet, but I wanted to get some feedback before I got any further, so if anyone wants to test and can give good, detailed feedback (technical or pacing issues) on what I have so far you can PM me your email address and I'll send you what's there right now. Thanks in advance, and here are a few pictures. Hopefully this will be finished and released sometime in the next few months, but we'll see how school and whatever else affect that.

Image Insert:
273.64 KB

Image Insert:
275.33 KB

Image Insert:
296.08 KB

Post January 29th, 2010, 3:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
Dude, this will be awesome. You never see this type of coaster! I'm really looking forward to it.

Post January 29th, 2010, 3:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,333.00 Points
So far, from these few pictures, I really like how it's shaping up trackwise. The only thing that catches my eye at the moment is the colors. Being that this is a Terrain Schwarzkopf, I assume that this ride will be covered with trees in some areas. Im not sure how that bright orange will fit its surroundings. But who knows, Maybe it will look great in orange, just something that caught my eye.

Looks like it will be an interesting design.

Post January 29th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
What are the G-forces like in the helix of the second picture? It looks like it won't be very intense, though it may just be the angle and/or FOV.

Post January 29th, 2010, 5:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

^^Still haven't settled on colors yet, the orange and blue is the third combination I've tried.

^The first pass of the helix hits just above 3 Gs, second pass is just under 3. Either way though, I'm thinking of the helix as the kind of slower paced middle section to the ride (even though that's where the top speed will be) whereas the beginning and end are paced faster with stronger forces and airtime.

Post January 29th, 2010, 6:04 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points

Return to Hard Hat Area