Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster sketchup no limits

sketchup no limits

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post April 16th, 2009, 4:39 am

Points on hand: 777.00 Points
is there no programe where you can import sketchup files and export it as a .3Ds file?

Post April 16th, 2009, 11:32 am

Points on hand: 1,597.00 Points

No, you need SketchUp Pro (or someone that has SKetchUp Pro) to export 3Ds files.
F CF

Post April 17th, 2009, 4:41 am

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points
^ CP Maverick' did you like export the fence from Sketchup then run it through Anim8or or did you just import straight into No Limits?, also I haven't been putting the textures into the "object" folder in the no limits folder...does it matter?

Thanks again

Post April 17th, 2009, 1:24 pm

I run everything through Anim8or as SketchUp sets the unlit side color to black. Anim8or allows you to change the unlit side to match the lit side (or even make it slightly darker if you want to enhance the shadow) You can even make it brighter to simulate articfical lighting.
F CF

Post April 18th, 2009, 3:14 am

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points
So you have no problems with single face objects at all? I must be doing something wrong

Post April 18th, 2009, 10:11 pm

I don't use single face objects. NoLimits only draws the primary face of ANY object. In SketchUp this means you need depth to create a new face on the opposide side.
F CF

Post February 16th, 2010, 4:54 am

Points on hand: 1,311.00 Points
did it work with .skm files?

I have copied all the skm textures to my nolimits folder named objects, and those got their own subdirectory which is supported I hear (subdirs). Same problem, no textures, so I exported the skm files and got the jpegs and still no textures. Remade the jpegs to png and still no textures! Image

Previous

Return to No Limits Coaster