Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Rock and Metal fan counter

Rock and Metal fan counter

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 20th, 2010, 5:14 am

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
So I just wanted to know,if I'm a part of an minority,so please,who is a fan of AC/DC and co,like me?Tell it to me!(This should be a headbang:[approve])
All RCCAs should be RMC'd. And that event shall be henceforth known as the Rollercaust.

Post March 20th, 2010, 5:37 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I think you might find that a lot of the users on here are too young to even know who AC/DC are [lol]

As for me though, AC/DC, Led Zep etc. Is all the stuff my parents like and made me listen to as a child [lol] so I have a liking for all of that stuff, but for me: Death, Black, Industrial and Thrash metal are more my kind of music. Although my musical taste extends much further than those genres.

Post March 20th, 2010, 6:14 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Oh great, another Swiss guy and Rock / Metal Fan at that [:D]

While AC/DC isn't really my music either, I love many shades of Rock and Metal, but not the very brutal stuff (meaning, nothing heavier than Metalcore or Groove Metal, Machine Head etc).

Also, you should check out my band! www.greymonday.ch We have some nice gigs in Switzerland. [approve]

Post March 20th, 2010, 7:41 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Can't stand AC/DC, got over them in jr highschool, but I am a major fan of some fringe forms of rock and metal (shoegaze, noise, "post", etc).

Post March 20th, 2010, 8:30 am

Well one of my fravourite bands is Black Sabbath (and Ozzy Osbourne)
but I like other music too.for example Louis Armstrongs "What a wonderfull world"is perfect for chilling.but another Question:Has somebody played Br?????????tal Legend(I love it)?
All RCCAs should be RMC'd. And that event shall be henceforth known as the Rollercaust.

Post March 20th, 2010, 8:42 am

Originally posted by gouldy

I think you might find that a lot of the users on here are too young to even know who AC/DC are [lol]

As for me though, AC/DC, Led Zep etc. Is all the stuff my parents like and made me listen to as a child [lol] so I have a liking for all of that stuff, but for me: Death, Black, Industrial and Thrash metal are more my kind of music. Although my musical taste extends much further than those genres.

Well sorry about double post,but I must tell why I know AC/DC,cause my father is a fan of nearly every kind of music and has an huge LP collection.He showed me the music and now I'm proud about teaching of my father[:)].Sadly theres anybody on my school who likes rock or metal (those dumbasses),so everybody thinks I'm a freak[stoning].

Post March 20th, 2010, 1:49 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
I don't like AC/DC but as I've said I like Guns n' Roses.

I also like lighter rock types too. And yes, people at my school who are slightly dim tend to like mainstream music. Obviously they're too stupid to change their radio station to a rock one when they turn it on!

Post March 20th, 2010, 2:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

I started getting into metal in jr high, gradually getting into the heavier/more complex stuff through high school. Right now some of my favorite bands are Meshuggah, Opeth, Carcass, Death, Mastodon, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody, Devin Townsend/SYL, Impaled, King Diamond, Iron Maiden... I'll stop there, haha, this list could go on for a while.

Post March 20th, 2010, 2:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
AC/DC's decent for me. I enjoy a few of their songs much more than others. I'm definitely more of a fan of the lighter 80s rock (Boston, Kansas, uhhh....John Mellencamp, those types), and some modern hard rock (NOT metal, but more like what most would consider "yelling" as opposed to singing [lol]). Some of the current alternative stuff is good too. I just can't stand pop music, country, hip hop, or rap...

Post March 20th, 2010, 2:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I dont really listen to older bands, besides Dream Theater. I think the oldest song on my MP3 player is stranglehold by ted nugent. Other than I pretty much listen to anything with good instrumentals or decent lyrics. which is why dream theater is my favorite band. its easy to listen to their music and block everything else out
What are these for?

Post March 20th, 2010, 3:44 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I like AC/DC
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post March 20th, 2010, 4:40 pm

Originally posted by slosprint

I like AC/DC

Good Choice!

Post March 20th, 2010, 5:14 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

there is a spot in my heart for old skool rock and death metal. got to be in the mood for it.

good mood i listen to rock and metal
bad mood i listen to b'witched and steps
normal days i listen to poop
Making screams come true

Post March 20th, 2010, 5:29 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points

Post March 20th, 2010, 8:16 pm
WES User avatar

Points on hand: 1,732.00 Points
I went to see Metallica in Atlanta back in October and one of my friends who was with me got this cool picture.

Post March 20th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
^Nice. I saw them about a year ago in Chicago.
American Eagle Lover

Post March 21st, 2010, 3:39 am

Points on hand: 714.00 Points
I love listening to ACDC every now and then. And Metallica is one of my favorite bands ever. Saw them on their World Magnetic Tour in Anaheiim in December of '09, and they did not disappoint.

Post March 21st, 2010, 2:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
GWAR

Job For A Cowboy

The Red Chord

And AC/DC of course. See them live if you get a chance, awesome show.
I play Death Metal. Decided to cover Pull The Plug by Death. RIP Chuck Schuldiner.

I listen to everything. Gorillaz to Suffocation to Steely Dan to Bob Marley. But my love is Death Metal. Unfortunately I broke my camera at the Suffocation concert I went to in January here in Ventura. Don't go near the mosh pit and start taking pictures, lol.

Post March 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
80's hair metal sucks... if you find any sort of enjoyment in that type of music, do the world a favor and kill yourself immediately.

Post March 21st, 2010, 5:10 pm

Post March 21st, 2010, 5:16 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by tmv8888

80's hair metal sucks... if you find any sort of enjoyment in that type of music, do the world a favor and kill yourself immediately.

Stupid emo whorebag.

Post March 22nd, 2010, 12:23 pm
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Originally posted by guitarplayer673

Right now some of my favorite bands are ... Opeth, ... Mastodon...

I second that. Oh, and Dream Theater as well, AND one of the greatest live acts, Porcupine Tree!

Return to Off Topic Discussion