Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Florida Trip Report - PHOTO UPDATE!!!

Florida Trip Report - PHOTO UPDATE!!!

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post March 15th, 2010, 5:13 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
As some of you may know I am headed to Florida tomorrow. I hope to get some nice photos and videos and parks I might be visiting include Busch Gardens Tampa, Sea World, Disney World, Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure. My scheduling is fairly open at this point so nothing is confirmed, although I should make it to at least two or three parks. I probably will not get to the parks until later in my ten-day trip but if people want updates on things other than amusement parks I would be happy to post them. The only news I have as of now is that I both got my braces in today and my teethe hurt, and that I passed my learners permit test on the first try (horray!).
Last edited by slosprint on March 25th, 2010, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post March 17th, 2010, 11:41 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Ok, so I made it safely to Florida despite the plane's engine spitting out black smog durring takeoff. We won't be getting to the parks for a while but if people want me to post pics of other stuff to all you have to do is request it. Soooooo yeah... The house I am staying at has a pool shaped like a jellybean with a tumor. Fun stuff.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post March 17th, 2010, 12:19 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

If your mom is a milf, post pictures, if not, don't post anything until it is roller coasters!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post March 17th, 2010, 12:23 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Also post any female relatives 18 or over, preferably a sister.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 17th, 2010, 2:54 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
and if they aren't that good looking, naked without the head will be fine.

Post March 17th, 2010, 7:50 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
And if you come across this freak above me...

Back away VERY slowly.
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post March 17th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
^Which one, the one in England, Illinois, or California?

Or are you talking about yourself, since you're in Florida? [lol]
American Eagle Lover

Post March 17th, 2010, 8:20 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
Ok, ^, here - it's aimed at you now.

EPIC FAIL
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post March 20th, 2010, 3:35 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quick Update: So yesterday we went back to the evil petting zoo some of you may have heard about and today we went to some park place with a long name that I can't remember to see some animals and stuff. There I saw an idiot kid get bitten by an armadillo. We head to Orlando tonight. So yeah, that's it for now. I'll post a full photo TR when we get home this weekend.

Post March 21st, 2010, 4:05 am

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
thats brought me inspiration. Now to make a killer armadillo themed coaster...

Post March 21st, 2010, 5:50 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Update: We went to Sea World. Journey To Atlantis goes straight to the top of my worst rides list. I`ll elaborate more later.

Post March 21st, 2010, 6:24 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,054.50 Points

Let me guess, The little fairy on Atlantis that says "Follow me to your doom!" in a high pitch squeal is what made it fail right?

Post March 22nd, 2010, 7:18 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

No, just the general fail in storytelling. I had no idea what was going on. The pre-show was just a bunch of mimes and you are introduced to the story by a nutcase bursting out of a window while mumbling indistinguishable words and holding a neon seahorse... To add to that the voices were so electronic that all I got from the ride was that we had done something to wrong the city... I honestly have no f*cking idea. Anyways, I could go on and on... Thier arctic flight-simulator was terrible as well... Manta was the only kickass thing in the entire park. We went to Universal/IOA today and got great pictures of the construction going on. DD was actually open and more fun than I remembered! HRRR was also quite good, although I could swear it has sustained Gs of over 4, resulting in painful parts.

Post March 22nd, 2010, 7:35 pm

^[lol]

I really liked Journey to Atlantis, but I agree about the storytelling. Medusa was ranting about something with no audio.

btw, Why didn't you mention anything about Kraken?
American Eagle Lover

Post March 22nd, 2010, 7:40 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I thought it was so-so... I will mention it in the photo TR when I get home but I really didn't like it as much as the other floorless coasters I have been on. Of course, it could just be because of the douche bag cub scouts that occupied most of the train around me and could not stop screaming "yes" in obnoxiously loud, high-pitched voices.

Post March 22nd, 2010, 8:01 pm

^Yeah, that can be really annoying.
American Eagle Lover

Post March 22nd, 2010, 8:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points

Post March 22nd, 2010, 8:33 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

How can a pic possibly show that cub scouts have high, obnoxious voices? And pics will be up by the weekend.

Post March 22nd, 2010, 8:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Journey to Atlantis is okay. Theme is god awful and effects are absolutely horrific. But i did enjoy the s-bend element quite alot.
Manta was under construction, and i think Kraken is absolutely breathtaking in some cases. Awesome floater down the drop, and amazing zero-g-roll. Not intense but still really good!
Best ride in Florida is Montu, hands down, such an under-rated coaster with brilliant forces all round.
Go into more detail about the coasters you ridden Slos when you get time, im interested to know what you thought about them man.
Hope you had a good time!

Post March 22nd, 2010, 9:02 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I completely agree that Montu is unmatched, although I would have to place Manta in a close second. It was one of the only rides where I actually felt as if I was going to collide with something (Both waterfalls and the ground) and the pretzel loop somehow goes above and beyond the one on Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFGA. It is also one of the few B&Ms that I find the pacing to be great on. And yes, I will try and review each ride individually on the full TR. Oh yeah, the HP castle is huge and towers over nearly everything in the park. There was a no trespassing sign on one of the gates but I managed to get two or three feet into the area and take pictures.

Post March 24th, 2010, 2:30 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
Dania Beach Hurricane takes maybe second best in Florida, then DDs, then a bunch of steel coasters and the Miracle Strip Starliner. I've never had much pull towards Florida, just not a coaster state really.

Post March 24th, 2010, 3:49 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Mad-man 5

Dania Beach Hurricane takes maybe second best in Florida

I love that ride. It went strait into my top 10 woodies. (I haven't ridden too many woodies yet so yeah... ^^;;)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 24th, 2010, 10:23 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I went to Busch Gardens today... I got some great pics of the rides and animals and took the behind-the-scenes tour of Montu. Ah, yes... It is all but confirmed that BG will be getting a Stormrunner style Intamin accelerator for 2011 or 2012. When I asked some of the staff about it they looked at me astonished and told me that it could neither be confirmed or denied. Either way, I was told that a section of the park that held animals was being prepared for a massive construction project. When I asked if the noise of the ride would be too loud, the person told me that the animals would get used to it, implying that the ride would be noisy (most likely the launch).

Post March 25th, 2010, 2:00 am
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,054.50 Points

Clearly you have not had to work the nut house coaster for 15 hours straight...

(insert woodie the woodpecker sound clip here and repeat twice)

Post March 25th, 2010, 10:09 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Luckily not. Oh yeah, I'm not sure if this is old news or not but the Millennium Fliers have left the park and Gwazi has gone back to its old trains.

EDIT: While I do not have the memory card reader with me at the moment, we got pictures from the Busch Gardens safari in CD format. I thought I would post some of them now as a sort of preview thingy of the trip report. So without further ado, here are some kick-ass animal photos!

The safari reservations outpost. The giraffe on the sign is Tango, who, when alive, was famous for eating purses, sunglasses, cameras and windshield wipers form the front of the safari trucks.

As soon as the truck entered the habitat, a giraffe ran up in search of food. SheiKra is visible in the background.

Hey! Where's the food?

That looks like a painful position...

The giraffe seems to know who has his treats.

Another shot of its head.

And another.

I forget the name of this animal, but I'm pretty sure it's some sort of gazelle.

A nice assortment of animals.

That is one big ass eye!

Nom nom nom!

These are what freckles look like on a giraffe.

Another giraffe head.

Roadblock!!!

A baby giraffe

Some whatever those are.

Rhinos!

Trees!

Zebras!

Look out! It's charging!

We even got to feed a bongo!

More bongos!

We even saw a black rhino! (He is orange because he just took a mud bath)

A gazelle

And one last zebra.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this. As soon as I get home I will be able to do the full report.

Next

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports