Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Jensen-nator - New Mini Hyper -Big Station Update

Jensen-nator - New Mini Hyper -Big Station Update

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
Ok, so I have basically stopped work on my last ride because of this new one. My last one had a layout I didn't care for and it seemed too spread out. So I had Mike(TMV) make me a template so I could make something more compact. This is the second time he's actually done this for me and it really seems to help. Anyways, this ride has turned out to be pretty damn awesome if I do say so myself. Mike as well as a few others think it's a big improvement for my rides and that it's my best work yet. I only have some supports left to do and I may make a custom support station. Depends on how I feel because I would like to post Sunday. I wasn't going to make a topic for this ride, but figured I would so you guys would at least know it's coming. I'll shut up and show you some pictures now.

So yeah, there's a little preview. I have the layout finished and about one third of the supports done. So this is mainly to give a heads up. Although let me know what you think of the colors and all.
Last edited by jensen-nator on May 16th, 2010, 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 27th, 2010, 4:20 am

Points on hand: 1,117.00 Points

I would change the lift supports. The lift looks odd now.

From what I can see it looks like a smooth but very short ride. I miss the intamin transitions on Mega-Lite coasters.

Post April 27th, 2010, 5:03 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Looks pretty. I've not seen quite that colour before.

I would tend to agree with the statement above, the lift supports are peculiar for sure. I appreciate also that you have finished the layout, but something seems odd about the top of the drop to me.

Post April 27th, 2010, 8:39 am

Points on hand: 2,333.00 Points
What wierd about the drop, is you used curved geometry for far too long (or thats what I assume). Its much too round at the top of the drop before the pull up.

Post April 27th, 2010, 8:52 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Yeah, If you look at other Mega-Lites they pull up later than yours.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post April 27th, 2010, 9:54 am

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
His drop banks a bit, its not really meant to be anything like an intamin mega-lite. If i'm right, i believe the lift supports were built that way because of the track below it. He was originally going for a structure similar to expedition geforce's, but there are several sections of track below the lift hill that prevented him from doing that. I'm not trying to "defend" him, but he was at my house when he did those supports so i'm just stating why he did them that way.

Post April 27th, 2010, 2:25 pm

Yeah, as for the drop, I know it may seem a bit different then the norm, but that is what I was going for. It banks on the way down and I'm thinking that's why it may look a bit weird. As for the support structure, yeah, I had track going up my lift and was tricky to come up with something. There are two different track sections going under/right next to the lift hill. Hopefully this clears up a bit. I can see what you guys are saying though, don't think I'm getting all defensive and whiny, haha. Just had some reasons. [:)]

And thanks! I'm glad you like the colors Goudly! I thought that looked pretty awesome myself!

Post April 27th, 2010, 2:33 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

it looks good
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 27th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Well thank you Oscar! Glad you think so! Haha.

So should I upload this week, or hold it and make a custom station? I feel like that would maybe give my ride a little more... I don't know, pzazz! Haha.

Post April 28th, 2010, 2:42 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Custom station. If it's a good ride, it deserves a custom station.

Post April 28th, 2010, 12:54 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
A good custom station is worth the time to make it, a half-assed one, on the other hand, just lets the ride down. So, if you do decide to make it; A: dont rush B: choose your medium carefully. A wooden station may look nice, but does it fit the coaster you're making? Would a 3d station look better? It's completely your descision, but choose carefully.
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post April 28th, 2010, 1:21 pm

A wooden station would actually look pretty nice for this ride imo.

Post April 28th, 2010, 1:53 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
Agreed with the rest lift hill supports arent right. Looking at the picture your Lift Crest seems to wide right before the drop, consider tightning the crest some. It looks good all the other ways though. Whats speed and height?

Post April 28th, 2010, 4:52 pm

Awesome to get some feedback! Thanks people! haha.

Goudly, Metazoanhaddock: I don't really know how to use and 3d programs, so if anything, it would be one made from supports. But I would definitely take my time building it. I'm not one to half-ass things that's for sure, haha.

TMV: Yeah, it would be some sort of wood steel combo. I have to come up with something though, I'm really going to think about this one a lot.

KentuckyFTW: As for the crest of the lift hill, I can't really go back and change it. I mean I could, but one, I don't think it's really as bad as it looks from the pictures. That and I already have a good chunk of supports done. But here's a picture of it from the editor.

Hopefully that looks a bit better.

As for the stats.
Height: 153ft
Drop: 137ft
Speed: 63
Moments of airtime: 7
Trains: 2
Cars per: 7

Post April 28th, 2010, 7:24 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
Does the lift section really need to end THERE? You can't let it end later on in the drop, like 4 segements more? It's more realistic that way.

Small details dude.
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post April 28th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
Originally posted by Tidus

Does the lift section really need to end THERE? You can't let it end later on in the drop, like 4 segements more? It's more realistic that way.

Small details dude.

unfortunately, i dont believe that he can, seeing as he used a force based program, extending the lift would very likely throw off the forces
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post April 28th, 2010, 10:07 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
Originally posted by Metazoanhaddock

Originally posted by Tidus

Small details dude.

unfortunately, i dont believe that he can, seeing as he used a force based program, extending the lift would very likely throw off the forces

Even though it is forced based program, the top section looks like curved geometry. This wouldn't change with forces with it being a lift section or not. If the entry speed is the same then it is feasable to extend the lift if he so chooses IMO.

Post April 28th, 2010, 10:38 pm

See, I thought what Metazoanhaddock said would happen. I figured extending my lift hill would throw off the forces off in a few spots. But I thought about how that did look a bit weird and I agree it would look better with the lift section being longer. Maybe I will make a separate track file and I'll mess around with it to see what happens.

Post April 28th, 2010, 10:43 pm

The lift hill ends were it does because it starts to bank slightly after that segment... you can't have a banked lift segment...

Post April 28th, 2010, 11:12 pm

It does bank rather quickly, but I could probably get away with another one-three segments. I'll have to check it out.

Post April 29th, 2010, 11:29 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Yeah, I meant a custom station with supports anyway. Whether the coaster is a steel or a wooden coaster, you can create a nice wooden support station to suit the style. I look forward to seeing what it is you come up with [;)]

Post April 29th, 2010, 2:54 pm

^ Oh alright, I got ya now, lol. So yeah I'll definitely hold onto the ride and make a station then! Hopefully I can come up with something, haha.

EDIT: Ok, so I've had some things happening that have/are probably going to delay uploading this ride quite a bit. Had my girlfriend stay with me for almost two weeks, so got nothing done while she was here. Now I'm really working on getting a job.(Michigan blows...) Working on starting school too, filling out fafsa and all. And I am also moving in the next few weeks. So it may be awhile, but I'll try to work on it as much as I can with free time.

NEWER EDIT: So I have been working hard on a custom station and I have come across something I'd like opinions on. So I have a walkway path I'm building and going down to the ground I want to be solid wood(supports or catwalks.). Only thing is it looks a bit goofy this way shown here...

So yeah, I was just wondering what to do about this. Should I go about using catwalks like shown, or spend forever trying to do the support way. My station is made of supports, not catwalks, but this would be quite a bit more time consuming to do with supports. So what do you guys think?

Post May 15th, 2010, 7:03 pm

i think the wood should be wood colored... not the same as your supports haha. Other then that I'm extremely impressed by what you have so far!

Post May 15th, 2010, 7:23 pm

Yeah, I was going to go through everything when I was done building it and change the colors. That blue-ish gray color doesn't look too good on wood, haha. And thanks man, I'll give you the ride if you hop online later.

EDIT: Here is part of what I'm working on. After using some more catwalks to fill it in, I don't think it looks too bad, but doing that with supports would be such a pain. But yeah, this is the exit ramp going over part of the track. Look alright?

Post May 16th, 2010, 12:19 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I say make it with supports, even if it is more time consuming. IMO, catwalks look really ugly when they take on awkward shapes...

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area