Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Fan Maced at Bamboozle Roadshow SFOT

Fan Maced at Bamboozle Roadshow SFOT

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post May 31st, 2010, 6:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

All Time Low have been asked not to perform at tonight's Bamboozle Roadshow stop at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio following last night's show at a Six Flags outside of Dallas during which fans onstage during ATL's set were maced by security.

According to tweets by ATL frontman Alex Gaskarth--who was vocal about his anger over the incident--says that Six Flags banned them from playing tonight but told the public that the band dropped off the date.

In a series of tweets, Gaskarth said, "All Time Low won't be performing tonight. We showed up-- Banned because I stood up for our fans who were victimized by security last night. And now they're telling the public that -WE- dropped off the show? Unbelievable. We were told that we 'aren't allowed to perform.' So to all the folks coming to see us tonight, I'm deeply, deeply sorry; This was not our call."

He went onto criticize Six Flags over their handling of both last night's events and today's decision. "Its disgusting to see that a family oriented theme park covers up their flubs by shifting the blame and hiding behind shoddy excuses. Big thanks to the park for not only condoning the macing of kids at an all ages show, but also for fabricating stories in order to ban us. I sincerely hope that kharma catches up to these degenerate liars. For clarification, we have been asked not to perform at the 6Flags San Antonio show tonight. I'm sincerely sorry to anyone hoping to see us."

According to tweets by All Time Low frontman Alex Gaskarth and Boys Like Girls vocalist Martin Johnson, either a security guard or a police officer allegedly maced fans at tonight's Bamboozle Roadshow date at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, Texas, and that the bands were "locked on their buses" for defending the crowd.

A fan report alleges that kids rushed the stage during All Time Low's final song and that it was likely those fans onstage who were maced by security. All Time Low reportedly walked offstage immediately.

Gaskarth first tweeted, "I don't care how rowdy a crowd of kids are, there is absolutely no excuse for the police at SIX FLAGS to spray mace in our fans faces." He went onto say, "That kind of protocol is insane for an all ages show at a theme park. A girl who looked to be about 15 walked up to me and said she was removed from the crowd after being maced. Are you love kidding me? That being said, you were an absolutely incredible crowd, and that may have been one of the best shows we've ever had the chance to play." ATL bassist Zack Merrick added, "Kids safety is the number one priority at shows and when they compromise that I draw the line."

Boys Like Girls' Johnson echoed ATL's statements and openly criticized the police officer who allegedly maced fans, saying, "you mace our fans you love die. bands locked on busses for defending helpless fans getting MACED for having a great time at a rock show. i dare security to come backstage." Johnson then took it a step further and tweeted the name of the officer he says maced fans.

Personally i think what security did was BULLSHIT!, it's a concert so crowd's are gonna get rowdy but macing a 15year old kid in the face that's just plain wrong, you remove them from the stage not spraying them in the face geezz!. But it shows how bands can react when their fans are mistreated..

SOURCE: http://www.buzznet.com/tags/alltimelow/ ... ags-after/

Video:
Last edited by coasterpimp on May 31st, 2010, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 31st, 2010, 7:51 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Thats absolute bullshit. That officer deserves to be fired and banned from Six Flags. You can see that all those kids were on stage...and they only maced the one? love asshole. As for the band, I'm glad that they stood up for them, saying what they did and taking the consequences.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post May 31st, 2010, 9:49 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

freaking nasty ass retarded six flags security. I've been on stage with a band before. They dont care as long as you're not trying to ruin their set, but even then, why do you mace some one? Because they're a threat. What was the threat? It was a bunch of little kids at a rock show, not a riot in downtown LA!

Post May 31st, 2010, 10:13 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Just the fact that they MACED them. Why not just restrain the teenager? I mean, its not like it's some bull trying to destroy anything in sight...
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post May 31st, 2010, 10:15 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
WTF? Tazers are far more effective and environmentally friendly!
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post June 1st, 2010, 12:19 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Thats ludacris. Really? Where were these guys when i broke my nose in the crowd of a mayday parade show due to my gfs angry ex bf? On a serious note, thats police brutality. That was way too far.

Post June 1st, 2010, 12:32 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

"there is absolutely no excuse for the police at SIX FLAGS to spray mace in our fans faces" i beg to differ..

Post June 1st, 2010, 5:12 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ see though, Jay, i find it hard to believe that anyone older then 16 could actually like this band. Now imagine how you would feel as a parent if you ask your son or daughter how the concert was and you find out that they got sprayed in the face with mace? This isn't a limp bizkit concert where its a bunch of tards setting things on fire, it's freaking all time low and a bunch of teeny bopping girls, how much damage could they really do?

Post June 1st, 2010, 6:30 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post June 1st, 2010, 12:53 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,054.50 Points

Six Flags Security is not armed with mace, or any other dispersant or weapon of any kind. This was apparently an off-duty police officer whom the park allegedly hired for this concert. I have seen an alternate video of the events, and have heard statements from friends who work at the park.

It is my conclusion that this was senseless and handled in an improper manner. It is my belief that Six Flags is equally responsible for this incident because it failed to set guidelines and/or have proper crowd control procedures and personnel in place.

This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened, although this is the first time Mace has been used.

Post June 1st, 2010, 6:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Eitehr 1 of 2 things happened.
A the officer was a little power happy and abused it.
B he felt his life was in danger, so defended himself.
My money says he was a whimp and felt in danger from a 15 year old.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions