Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Canada's Wonderland and Alton Towers discount tix?

Canada's Wonderland and Alton Towers discount tix?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Hey everybody...my family and I are going on a trip to Europe, and we're going to be able to hit both Canada's Wonderland and Alton Towers! Does anybody know where/how I can get a discount ticket to either of those parks?

Also, it'd be really cool to meet one or some of the British members at Alton Towers (I already have a meetup with an old friend arranged for CW), so if you're interested, PM/email/AIM me and I'll let you know dates and times and whatnot.

Post June 20th, 2010, 2:12 am

Points on hand: 77.00 Points

Post June 20th, 2010, 4:10 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Post June 20th, 2010, 4:36 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Post June 20th, 2010, 5:22 am

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

Maybe they are flying via Toronto or something, or stopping off there briefly... I'm sure boneplaya knows Canada is not near England... lol

Anyway, alton towers tickets, never go without 2 for 1 vouchers. The most common way to get them is to buy something in a shop and they give you the 2 for 1 vouchers with your receipt. The only problem is I am well stocked up for the year and don't currently know who is giving them out. If I see what shop is I'll let you know.

One thing is for sure though, you'd be stupid to go to alton towers without 2 for 1. Its like ?????????37 ~ $55 when bought on the day at the entrance.

However, if you book online before 2moro you can save 40%, so you can book whatever day you want to go. (I'd definitely choose a weekday because everyday from now until september the park is going to be really full!)
http://www.altontowers.com/special-offers/june-offer/

Post June 20th, 2010, 9:04 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

^agree

There is not a point during the year when 2 for 1 tickets are not available somewhere. So it's crazy to think that some people actually go there without them. I will have a little fish round for you if you'd like and see if I can source some.

I could meet up with you there, depending on work commitments and other stuff of course, but I don't live very far away and it's easy for me to get there. If you can be more specific about the possible dates this might happen on, I could try to organise something?

Post June 20th, 2010, 10:20 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I knew a kid in high school who thought that Russia was in the US.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post June 20th, 2010, 12:42 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

maybe theres a special where if you visit alton towers and canada's wonderland both in the same day you get both for the price of one

Post June 20th, 2010, 1:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

same here, give us a date matey on when your going to be at alton towers, im shure some of us can meet you there
Making screams come true

Post June 20th, 2010, 2:54 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points

Post June 20th, 2010, 3:42 pm

alton_'s right; we're flying via toronto. As it turns out, it's about $300 cheaper per person than flying from Port Columbus. Who'da thunk it?

Thanks for all of the info about Alton Towers, that's sure to come in handy. We're going to go on a day between July 10-15, but we're not sure of the exact day yet. It'll definitely be a weekday, though! I know from painful experience to avoid going to parks on weekends if at all possible...

And thundermat, do you happen to know of anywhere else I can get even cheaper discount tix for cw?

Post June 20th, 2010, 4:12 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
Actually i'm not to sure about that, but there is a corner store that you can get the tickets from too the store are called Mac's here is the link http://www.macs.ca/features.asp#bottom , other then that i don't know. Because i by my ticket at the gate and i go there 1 time a year.

Post June 20th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

Originally posted by boneplaya

It'll definitely be a weekday, though! I know from painful experience to avoid going to parks on weekends if at all possible...

i very much advise you dont go on a weekday mate. that week its coming upto the school holidays and i know that its going to be awful on the weekdays with all the school trips. id really go with going on the 11th mate on the sunday as thats going to be the quietest day of the week your there
Making screams come true

Post June 20th, 2010, 5:45 pm

Huh, that's good to know...Thanks for the heads up!!

Return to General Theme Park Discussions