Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports 8th July 2010 - Toverland opening Scorpios

8th July 2010 - Toverland opening Scorpios

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
8th July 2010 - Toverland opening Scorpios.

About a month ago, I received an invitation through the mail. It was an invitation to come over and check out the new expansion to Toverland's attractions.
They were having an exclusive opening for all the annual pass holders of the park and from 7pm to 9pm we could check the ride out on our own.

They are already waiting for everyone. [:)]

I arrived around 7:30pm at the gate, they scanned my pass and I was good to go. I also received a coin that I could exchange for a drink at the park. Awesome!

Troy is looking beautiful with that sun

Wow, awesome! They haven opened Troy too!

Walking through the Trojan gate.

Instead of taking my usual route straight to Troy, I took a right turn and ended up at the extension of the themed area. Well, It was beautiful and it was in a typical Trojan Toverland style. No detail was missed.

Looking straight into the new section.

Look, even a waterfall!

The new Swinging Ship in the full sunlight. Boy it was warm today! Around 90?????????F to 100?????????F in the shade.

A cool viewing area for the parents, or just to walk by the new ride.

A little different view on Troy than usual.

The queue and entrance for the Horse ride.

Boosterbike is looking good in the reflection of the windows.

Well, because I arrived a little later than expected there was a pretty big queue for the Swinging Ship. Oh well, plenty of time! But queuing for it was far from a punishment. For the length of the queue they had build. They have done a great job on theming it.

Before queuing, make sure you're tall enough! The lowest one is for the minimum length. Highest one is minimum length to go alone. Are you in between? Find an adult that rides with you.

Wow, the queue is pretty long! I wonder if the queues are going to be from the same length during the holidays.

In the small building, there is a tiny zig-zag queue. Talking about using all space you'd have. [:)]

On the walls it tells parts of the story. This one says: Poseidon takes revenge and punishes Odysseus.

Good theming on the roof too!

Name and logo of the new ride

Onride! Take a look how everyone is enjoying.

I doubt anyone has shot this picture (yet) [lol]

The ride itself was really cool, the extra 15????????? swing really added something. Usually you'd have to help yourself on gaining a floater air. On each ends of the ride, no need for that! Love it. The gentle floater and the fixed location of the restraints, give you a massive amount of space on the ride. There is also onride music on the ride. Something I haven't seen before and it really adds some experience to this ride.
The only downside to me was that the outer ends of boat are smaller, thus less people can get seated. The outer ends are always the most popular spot on any Swinging Ship ride. So that was too bad...
When exiting the ride I could see once again what a great theming the park has put in the park. The "shop" items looked extremely real. The grapes for example: I had the idea that I could just pick up and ate a couple of those!

The staff has themed clothing for the 2 new rides. I feel sorry for the guys on these hot days...

The boat up close.

One of the "shops" when you walk to the exit.

The horses of Ithaka.

A boat full of people enjoying.

Scorpios from a distance.

People looking for a spot on the shade.

The new terrace in front of Troy and next to Boosterbike.

A lot of people queuing to get a drink...

Time to do a couple rides on Troy. Still the best wooden coaster from the Netherlands imo [:)]

Floater hill

The fly through

Because the hot weather, there were enough people taking a cool down in the water.

Back to Scorpios

Again, a lot of people enjoying the wonderful feeling of floater air.

Onride view!

Troy is looking good!

I doubt anyone can re-shoot this picture soon [:D]

The smaller back rows

And the rest of the boat. Also notice the speakers for onride music.

The realistic fruit!

The final picture that I shot from Scorpios. After this I've finished off with the last 2 rides on Troy.

Love the triple crossover. Standard shot tho... [lol]

I love the sunset, strangely enough you can always shoot beautiful pictures with that.

Another train dashing through the station

And the ride is being made ready to go into hibernation. Notice how the rails on the cars are gone. I did some questioning around the staff but nobody really could give me an answer. Oh well, I do hope they return because the cars look a bit dull now without that rail.

And I'm closing this TR with another beautiful sunset image. [pshades]

My overall opinion about the new area: Wonderful! It's a great addition to all the rides that Toverland currently has. Both are 2 great rides for the entire family. One that packs some more thrill and the other for the little kids to enjoy. I'm also loving to see how Toverland has developed their way of theming. The quality and detail has grown so much since their start! So I'm really looking forward to see the entire re-theming of the first hall. [:)]

-----------------

Premium members can download the images in HR for free.

If you are not a premium member and still want to see the pictures. Well, we need funds for the site and we ask $1 to access them. The payment is through paypal and for your information, we only get 67 cents for each of you that do go ahead and pay the $1. Here is the paypal link to view the photo's and remember to click the "return to merchant" link after paying to be redirected to the page to download the pictures. Also, don't share the link with anyone else. You'll have an unpleasant surprise if you do.
Here's the paypal link:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... R3C48P2KPE
Last edited by Dirk_Ermen on July 8th, 2010, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post July 8th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
Nice TR,Dirk,makes me want to got over there...
All RCCAs should be RMC'd. And that event shall be henceforth known as the Rollercaust.

Post July 9th, 2010, 12:14 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Beautiful last pic.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports