Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Kings Island - Weeked Trip?

Kings Island - Weeked Trip?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 23rd, 2010, 10:44 am

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
I'm interested in taking a Saturday/Sunday trip to King's Island in August. Are the crowds bad enough to where it wouldn't even be worth it? Would it be possible to get in all coasters and a few re rides on a Saturday?

Post July 23rd, 2010, 11:08 am

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
Well you will deff. wanna ride DB first and lines for Firehawk were extremely bad when I went 2 years ago (but that was before DB was there). With SOB being closed you might be able to hit everything once in a day...but you MUST ride the Beast at night...I think it would be close...probably not any re rides unless you re-ride some of the lesser known rides...Flight of Fear line gets extremely long typically as well.

Post July 23rd, 2010, 1:08 pm

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
I may just wait for a week day next summer. Can you expect re rides on a week day?

Post July 23rd, 2010, 1:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
Do NOT go on a weekend. Go during the week Tuesday and wedsnday are two good days. Make sure you ask for row 16 on Diamondback.

Post July 23rd, 2010, 1:41 pm

Do NOT go on a weekend. Go during the week Tuesday and wedsnday are two good days. Make sure you ask for row 16 on Diamondback.

Post July 23rd, 2010, 1:41 pm

Post July 23rd, 2010, 2:36 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
^ Scripting fail? Or did you have to mash the reply button three times?

If you have to go on a weekend for whatever reason, take Sunday. Fewer groups go to amusement parks that day I think because of church. I'm not completely sure on this though but one thing I know for sure is that you definitely don't want to go on a Saturday.

Thursday has worked for me but you may get better results on Tue/Wed. And never go if the weather forecasts a high of 89 or more a day before the trip. Maybe King's Island has better distributed water rides than Cedar Point because CP is awful on a warm day.

Post July 23rd, 2010, 3:00 pm

I don't think it hit the button three times. I was on my Ipod so that's why it probably did that. Kings island's crowds are can be very random. I've gone one tuesday before and every ride was almost a walk on and I went next tuesday and half of the rides were a hour wait. You can't really predict crowds at all. I don't recommend going on a weekend though.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions