Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports July 22-24 Mt. Olympus and SFGAm

July 22-24 Mt. Olympus and SFGAm

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post July 23rd, 2010, 10:54 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
July 22, 2010: Mt. Olympus
The day started off with a 4 hour drive from Chicago to Wisconsin Dells. Once we got there, we had some trouble finding where to check in to our hotel to get our free admission to the park :D. once we found it, after checking in and getting situated, it was time to go to the park.

When we first arrived, it was pouring rain, so it was off to Mt. Olympus????????? mini indoor theme park, The Parthenon. Inside, there was a coaster [:)] it was a small spinner called OPA!. This was a fun little coaster, but there really wasn't anything special about it. As the only steel coaster in the park that wasn't for kids, it really isn't on par with the rest of the park, but, meh, I came for the woodies.

After OPA!, the rain had stopped, so it was of to Hades!!! After walking through the flooding park, we arrived at Hades, chose a middle row, and we were off. I?????????d heard tons of good stuff about the ride, and I was still awestruck. This ride definitely exceeded all my expectations. The tunnel is amazing and the speed of the ride is quite astounding. Only downside to this ride is that unless you?????????re in the front car, it's a little rough and might hurt a bit.

After Hades, I was pumped, and a little in pain, but, meh, off to more coasters! Up next was Zeus. This simple out and back had a bit of airtime, but this was overshadowed by once again, the fact that besides the front row, this ride was also quite rough, especially in the valley after the first hill. There isn't much that's special about this coaster, it's simply a drop, hill, double up, turnaround, double down, double up, turn brakes back to the station. Not my least favorite coaster in the park, but definitely not my favorite.

After Zeus, it was off to Cyclops. Every person I've talked to said to ride it in the back seat.
Wait, awww?????????its closed, oh well. We took a seat in the middle, and once again, we were off. The first time I rode this ride, I really found nothing special about it besides the second drop?????????
This sexy beastVVVVVV
Right here^^^
Anyways, the second time I rode it I made sure to get the second to last car, in the furthest back seat possible. This ride completely changed my opinion of the ride. Pure ejector <3 This ride amazed me, and that drop up there just pulled me out of my seat. Definitely my second favorite ride of the day.

After Cyclops, and after a quick stint of playing with the goats (they have a small goat area) and going to the restrooms, we were off to Pegasus. This is the most tame woodie in the park and is really quite slow until the end. Also, at the very end, the track has a quick, sharp turn at full speed the definitely gives you whiplash. Not fun. Overall this was my least favorite ride of the day and I only rode it once.
Pegasus chainVVVVVVV
After that, my mom and I went and rode one of the go-karts for a while, then it was back to Hades!!! Well, maybe????????? the restraints were broken in the first car, so we had to wait for the maintenance guy to come.
After a while of tinkering with the car, he still couldn't fix em, until the ride op chick kicked the car and, surprise, they worked again!!!! [LOL] after this, it was off to a short dinner snack, then, back to coasters!!! This time I went on Zeus and Cyclops again. Now that the tracks were dry, the ride was much more enjoyable.
yay!!!another coaster!!!!
awww, i'm too tall [:(]

We were tired, so we went back to our room, changed into our swimsuits, then, we were off to the water park. Nothing special, most of the slides were closed [:(] luckily, the water park was attached to the theme park, so it was back to OPA!. Still a fun little ride. But now it was closing time for the park, so we went and had dinner. An hour later, the park opened again!!! But now it was dark. Well, off to Hades [:D].
E
P
I
C
Just epic. Nighttime really made the coaster feel faster, and it was a little disorienting everything was pitch black, and it was quite a rush. This only brought this ride higher on my list. may be my number 1 woodie if not definitely my number 2.
Next was Zeus again. Unlike Hades, this ride felt about the same at night as in the day. Oh well. After Zeus was Cyclops once more! Once again I took the farthest back row possible, and I was off. This ride is definitely better at night, the feeling of airtime is enhanced and for some reason, it doesn't feel as rough. Definitely a fun ride. After this, it was back to our hotel for a good night of rest.

more pics [:D]
Weeeeeee!
Hades' prelift drop <3
Off we go!!!!!
oooh....Zeus and Cyclops
O: the cartexture was a nice touch.
Front row!!!!
thats it for Mt. Olympus [:D]
Well, off to great America today and tomorrow. Expect more of this TR [:)]
Last edited by Metazoanhaddock on July 24th, 2010, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post July 23rd, 2010, 1:00 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,054.50 Points

*facepalm* First off, no person in there right mind should squat in the track in front of the train with the ride energized. Second, why did he not push the manual release? If the restraints are sticking its not because of the forward release actuator, its because the torsion springs are binding. This is common and everyone knows that you just use the manual release tool, tap on the spring box, or grease the fittings like operations manual says. That park is just full of fail, and OSHA should pay them a visit.

Post July 23rd, 2010, 1:29 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
WTF?Why do you must be older tha 18 to ride the last car?

Post July 23rd, 2010, 3:21 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
^Because of the insane aqmount of ejector air plus the fact that America is way overprotective.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post July 23rd, 2010, 3:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post July 23rd, 2010, 5:55 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,054.50 Points

It can't be that intense, obviously the train returns intact after each cycle.

Post July 23rd, 2010, 7:11 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
its still pretty intense...but w/e....why cant i see the pictures??? is it just the six flags computers? o.o

Edit: LOL....six flags has imageshack blocked XD thats why...

gettig alot of great pictures today and everything is open =D

off to ride ore coasters...
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports