Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions AIR - Alton Towers

AIR - Alton Towers

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post May 6th, 2004, 6:47 am

Points on hand: 2,626.00 Points
This is one of my favourite rides, and i was wondering if: A) Anyone has ridden it and b) What they think of it. It's a really smooth ride and is generally wicked![:D]

Post May 6th, 2004, 11:03 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

A) Yes i have riden it several times B) I think the ride sucks. It was a massive let down after watching it being built through the winter. The track is forceless with no airtime and no high g'force. Theming isnt great, and generaly boring ride. Plus queues are always too long Nemesis and Oblivion are far better

Post May 6th, 2004, 11:08 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Yeah my mum thought iwas lying when i said air was so boring you could literlly go to sleep on it it. Its oretty crap in my eyes. Nemesis is far better than air. Also air has massive ques cause everybody think its mega cool, but no.

Post May 6th, 2004, 3:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I havn't ridden it, but its a B&M flyer. I rode S:UF and thats supposed to be a lot more intense than Air, but what I think of S:UF is Edge's description of Air [;)]

Post May 6th, 2004, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Yeah, Air looks pretty boring overall, and the only reason I wait for Ultimate Flight at SFGAm is for the pretzel loop, which Air does not have. I mean, the pretzel loop gives an amazing sensation at the bottom, but other than that, it's just really not much, beside a flying experience.

Post May 6th, 2004, 8:08 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

that's not a pretzel loop, that's more of an upside down loop. Anyways, I'd wait in line for it, on a count of I've never been on a flying coaster before. So then I guess B&M flyers are all bark and no bite???

Post May 6th, 2004, 10:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by thecool326

that's not a pretzel loop, that's more of an upside down loop.

It is called a pretzel loop, the first inversion after the drop on S:UF.

Post May 7th, 2004, 8:10 am

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Thank you very much...

...and yes, the flyers are tamer than most other B&Ms...save that crazy element.

Post May 8th, 2004, 4:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

On Superman: UF, it isn't really that intense except at the bottom of the pretzel loop. That ride is amazing! I thought Air doesn't look all that good too.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions