Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion So, this n00b on YouTube...

So, this n00b on YouTube...

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post August 4th, 2010, 10:33 am

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
So, I found a coaster video with absolutely horrible trackwork. But actually, its maker isn't the n00b here. I decided to plug Newton 2, for reason's I've explained, and look who came along!

Me: The supports look all right, but that's some of the worst trackwork I've ever seen. Please have mercy on your viewers' eyes and learn to use Newton 2.

N00b (8 months later!): Yes, his trackwork sucks ass but don't go around promoting programs that automatically smoothen out things for people. NoLimits was made so you can handmake coasters, not so you could just use ANOTHER program on a program that was already simple enough.

Me: Thank you for your unbiased and highly accurate assessment of the purpose of NoLimits. Tip: don't be a handbuilding snob if you can't handbuild competently. I examined your latest masterpiece, and the trackwork was scarcely better than what I see (and wish I hadn't) on this coaster. Perhaps you should also learn to use Newton 2.

By the way, I plug this program because it makes n00b coasters slightly more tolerable. However, I would still advise that you stop making prefab supports.

One final note: you appear to still use RCT3. This does not exactly enhance your credentials as a person capable of discussing No Limits. If you want a program already simple enough - no wait, TOO simple, stick with RCT3.

Also, most good designers use tools.

Worse yet for your argument, 3ds scenery in NL is always made with other programs, so NL is already at its best when not alone, even without taking into account various trackwork tools.

N00b: I still play RCT3 on occasion, when I feel I have nothing much else to do.

I also never said my work was anything good. I said you should not be dealing with programs that auto-smooth, especially if you're actually trying to be serious.

NoLimits was infact made simple so idiots like you who cannot seem to work the already simple enough tools they have given you are easy to work with, and you honestly shouldn't need to use any programs like Newton or AHG -

- they just show how unwilling you are to spend the time that a real designer would use. Indeed, they tend to have much more advanced programs that work more efficiently, but you should see my point. And btw prefab supports are just fine with my subbers. If you don't like my videos, just don't subscribe.

And after visiting your channel, please do not flame other people if you don't have any videos yourself. :)

Me: I will put this in simple terms; handbuilding snobs are annoying, arrogant bastards when they can handbuild competently. When they cannot handbuild competently, they are annoying, arrogant bastards who have nothing to be arrogant about. You fall into the latter category. BTW, Newton is not an autosmoother. It allows you to build your track using heartline values, forces, times, velocities, and other advanced stuff as opposed to placing vertices and hoping for the best.

Also: "NoLimits was infact made simple so idiots like you who cannot seem to work the already simple enough tools they have given you are easy to work with"

lolwut? That made no sense. Are you trying to tell me that NL was made simple so that idiots like me are easy to work with? Please, learn some grammar.

Tools are more advanced than NL on its own, but less advanced than the programs real designers use. And yet, you seem to think using the less advanced one will make us more like real designers. I'm afraid I do not see your point. If I can make a better coaster faster using a tool, I will use it, because I have a sense of practicality, which no doubt I share with real designers.

Finally, to address this ((the u hav no vids why shud i listen 2 u argument)), as well as the "my viewers are fine with prefabs" argument:

Go to wwwdotcoastercrazydotcom and make an account. First, check out my tracks. I have the same username there. Are you still whining about the fact that I don't use YouTube to post my work? Downloading the tracks means reviewers can examine them more closely anyway.

2nd, see how far your crappy trackwork and prefabs get you with the experienced designers. Realize your viewers are n00bs.

N00b: Sigh. Since you are so "awesome", why do you keep arguing? Do you not realize that I am fine with what I work with? Go to my channel. I say in the description "Subscriptions are appreciated, but feedback is also welcomed. :) Thanks". I DO NOT CARE HOW MANY SUBSCRIBERS I HAVE. I make NoLimits coasters out of passion, and if you put me down, so be it, but I honestly couldn't care less. I only upload to share my work with those who wish to view it.

I am saying that I couldn't give a love about how good you are at NoLimits or 3D's or Newton. I am fine with what I do. I will improve my supports and scenery as I progress, but I would like to "master" NoLimits first, withOUT the use of third-party programs.

And BTW, "n00b" is so 2006. Thanks. :D

Me: I wasn't the one who brought up my own work in this "conversation". Does this quote sound familiar? "And after visiting your channel, please do not flame other people if you don't have any videos yourself".

I also make NL coasters out of passion. I upload for 2 reasons: the one you stated, and so I can receive constructive criticism which will help me improve. Also, I was under the impression that saying your viewers liked prefabs mean you thought that made you a competent designer, and was attempting to show you that on average, the NL community on YouTube is far less experienced and knowledgeable than the people who actual join roller coaster sites. My mistake. Apparently, you know that, which raises other questions even more troubling for those concerned about you (AKA not me).

By the way, given that after nearly a year using NL you are still using prefabs, I doubt your claim that you will improve, or master the program at all.

Finally, I don't give a love about your ideas of what is "so 2006." Obviously the area you put time into is which internet memes are in fashion, while I put time into creating the best coasters possible.

With those radically different mindsets, I see little opportunity for a civil debate, so I bid you a fond adieu. Unless of course, you are foolish enough to reply. Until then...

Have a nice day :-)

...I'm waiting for a reply.

Man, are clowns like this fun to troll or what?

Incidentally, I took a look at one of his videos, and he basically admitted to stealing No Limits. I've posted a comment telling him not to be a thief and actually pay for programs, and I may get a response from that one too.
Last edited by Omnigeek6 on August 4th, 2010, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Originally posted by dcs221
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post August 4th, 2010, 10:51 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
Hahahah That kid is probably so frustrated! I can see him smashing the keyboard and yelling as he responds to you. Hahahaha

One important note... WHY WOULD YOU INVITE HIM TO THIS WEBSITE!?

Can I please have his user name on youtube?

Post August 4th, 2010, 10:54 am
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
Yea, link us to the video or something, so we can tear this kid apart.

Post August 4th, 2010, 11:27 am
AyTrane Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,132.00 Points
Originally posted by Omnigeek6

I will put this in simple terms; handbuilding snobs are annoying, arrogant bastards when they can handbuild competently. When they cannot handbuild competently, they are annoying, arrogant bastards who have nothing to be arrogant about.

Hey now, don't be hating.

Post August 4th, 2010, 11:42 am

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
i do my own shaping but AHG does my banking and kick out work. like it was desgined to. I haven't really given oter tools a chance, makes me feel rustic...
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post August 4th, 2010, 12:23 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
I handbuild most of my woodies, but for steel coasters I dont have the patience.

On another note, yes, tell us the vid, it should be fun.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post August 4th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
I started NL with a pirated copy, used it for a month or so and then bought it. I still hand build, but I don't say "I am the best, toolers suck!" Actually far from it. I guess not everyone wants to get better and us NL for a time killer. I think I started using custom supports 3 months into using NL on a regular basis, after being bashed by CoasterSims people. But I didn't get angry, I actually learned to better my skills.

If this poor guy joins this site, I wish him the best. He's in for a rude awakening.

Post August 4th, 2010, 4:09 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
^ Haha, I also started with a pirate copy, Bought it very soon after though, Absolutely loved it.
I use loads of building methods, it generally depends on what i'm doing though, If I want to make a classic woodie, I'd handbuild and using .3ds shapes. If I were to make a GCI or something, I'd use Elementary (HSAK and other formulae) or even Newton2. If I wanted to make a B&M Multi Looper, I'd use Newton 2. Tools were made to assist your building skill, Not to become a new programme as a whole, Which is what some handbuilders think.
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post August 4th, 2010, 4:17 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Newton 2 is the "but it's smooth how can it be wrong?" program. Personally I think it's the worst thing to ever come to the game.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 4th, 2010, 4:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
ckmwm's just mad bc people make rides so much better than his more easily now haha.

And so what if your youtube friend is a noob. Hop off his nuts.

Post August 4th, 2010, 4:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Newton 2 should only be used by people that learned fvds, or atleast know what they are doing. Because i know that i was able to make quality tracks with newton 2 because i had experience from fvds.

Post August 4th, 2010, 6:48 pm

I invited him to the site because I wanted him to see what people who knew what they were talking about would think of his prefabs and general attitude, and because it seemed like he's get banned in a hurry anyway.

Is giving his YT name allowed on this site? If so, I'll give it, so you can see how abysmal his trackwork is.

See, MOST of the handbuilders on this site don't dis tools. If they do, they're at least competent handbuilders, and can be excused for thinking "If I can do it, so can you."

On the other hand, this clown is a handbuilding snob who sucks at... everything to do with No Limits.

@dcs221: they see me trollin', they hatin'...

Post August 4th, 2010, 7:31 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

this thread is an example of why i got tired of no limits ..

Post August 4th, 2010, 9:34 pm

"@dcs221: they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Post August 4th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post August 4th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
haha this is why I like reading and dont reply much. Its more fun to read
What are these for?

Post August 4th, 2010, 10:07 pm

"@dcs221: they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Haha! Totally siggy'd.

Post August 5th, 2010, 10:27 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I wanna see this guy's account!
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post August 5th, 2010, 11:02 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Newton 2 is the "but it's smooth how can it be wrong?" program. Personally I think it's the worst thing to ever come to the game.

[stupid]

Post August 5th, 2010, 11:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points
Originally posted by Omnigeek6

So, I found a coaster video with absolutely horrible trackwork. But actually, its maker isn't the n00b here. I decided to plug Newton 2, for reason's I've explained, and look who came along!

Me: The supports look all right, but that's some of the worst trackwork I've ever seen. Please have mercy on your viewers' eyes and learn to use Newton 2.

"INSERT STUFF I DIDN'T READ"

Incidentally, I took a look at one of his videos, and he basically admitted to stealing No Limits. I've posted a comment telling him not to be a thief and actually pay for programs, and I may get a response from that one too.

Too long, do not want

The way I see it, hand building is an art that takes hard work and a lot of effort to master. Using Newton is a skill that can be easily learned. If there were to identical coasters, one hand built and one built using Newton, there is no way the Newton coaster will ever be able to be compared to the hand built one because of the greater amount of hard work that went into the hand built one. In newton, you just tell it what to do then it builds the track for you.

Post August 6th, 2010, 9:33 am

Post August 6th, 2010, 9:41 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I wish I could pull TL;DR in school...
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Return to Off Topic Discussion