Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Big shot DJ Rant.

Big shot DJ Rant.

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 12th, 2010, 10:28 am

Points on hand: 96.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
Don't know how many of you have heard of this guy but he looks like he?????????s becoming quite the big shot DJ, contradicting every statement he ever made about being a DJ in the first place. Shouldn?????????t say DJ (Producer) pfff. Deadmau5 looks like he?????????s getting quite a poop load of fans and has to wear a gigantic grinning mouse head to do so.

IMO The music isn't bad but it isn't great either. I use some of his older at play albums for mixing mainly because his music does the one thing that irritates the living crap out of him according to the interview he had with Paul Morley. Resolve after 8 or 16 bars????????? (If it doesn't it would be music in the first place) And it has a good random sounding beat kick snare structure. But it's so flat it has to be remixed before anyone will listen to it.

He wants to be something like a rock star composing all of his tracks using synth software live and blame other DJ?????????s for pre recording and just playing tracks. Yeah many DJ?????????s do that, I don't like it either but there's still no reason to get a hissy fit. As you stated yourself it's not supposed to be about the Show, but about the music played to the right crowd at the right time. Why only play your own tracks live?

I might be a fan if he drops the dipshit emo kid crap, eat a bit more and acted a bit more like he actually likes and respects the very music he makes.
Last edited by dj-dj on September 12th, 2010, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 12th, 2010, 10:48 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
So, I read most of the first pharagraph before I saw the picture, and started laughing when I scrolled down. Any links to where he's starting this drama?

Talk aside, I love what he did with Rob Swire for Ghosts n Stuff.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post September 12th, 2010, 11:19 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I want that hat
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 12th, 2010, 11:38 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Any if you guys had a pair of testicles you wouldn't listen to that poop.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 12th, 2010, 11:43 am

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post September 12th, 2010, 11:48 am

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
mmmm...
Deadmau5...
His only good song had to be remixed to be half decent (Caspa's remix of Ghosts n Stuff).
I hate his attitude, Hes a douche. Atleast he's moved away from shitty FL studio. Ableton with about 200 pieces of hardware (most of which compressors...).

[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post September 12th, 2010, 11:49 am

Post September 12th, 2010, 12:16 pm

Why is FL Studio shitty?
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post September 12th, 2010, 12:27 pm

Its amateur. It has terrible hardware connectivity, It has limits to how many layers you can have. It's ram buffer is terrible, Meaning once you have quite a lot of tracks playing at once (crucial for the genres I produce) it clips and lags. Many VSTs have problems with it. Cubase, Logic or Ableton are where its at.

Post September 12th, 2010, 1:12 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Or you could play a real instrument and alleviate this problems.

Post September 12th, 2010, 1:16 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I play Rock Band on the PS3.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post September 12th, 2010, 1:26 pm

I do both. I play bass in orchestra, and I'm in the process of learning piano and guitar.

Haz, what genres do you produce? Do you have a soundcloud or NG? I've been playing with FL over the past year, so thats what I'm using. I dont know about the other programs but I'm comfortable with FL as I'm not at production-quality with my music.

Post September 12th, 2010, 1:33 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Post September 12th, 2010, 1:39 pm

I produce Hardstyle, Hardcore and some Dubstep/DnB stuff. Nah don't have either of those. I used FL for a bit, I then tried out Cubase and just fell in love with it.

Post September 12th, 2010, 1:54 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Gah. I had to reply to this topic. Deadmau5 is one of my heroes. Lol, not his attitude, but his producing skills. He also puts on a crazy show.

@Hazbruv: I feel like this whole producing program battle is really opinionated. In my opinion, FL is the way to go. Now that's not the same for people who are comfortable with other programs such as reason or ableton, but I am comfortable with FL. It's not the best program for DNB or Dubstep, but for Prog-House, House, Trance, Electro, Hardcore, and such, it's a really nice program. I produce more Prog-House songs than anything. It's also kind of about what VST's you have. If you use the Z3ta VST, then your pretty golden. Once you know how to really tweak a sound in FL, you can pretty much do anything. This is a prog-house song I made a couple of days ago:

Once you get a hang of Fruity Loops, it becomes a breeze.

@Dj-dj: What kind of tables do you use? I am in the process of trying to get a set of Pioneer CDJ-800's, and either a DJM-800 mixer, or a Behringer-DDM4000
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post September 12th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Its all how you use the program. There's no correct way to make something, just an easier way for a specific genre, if you even want to get that involved. As for myself, I really don't know what genre I mainly produce because I've done so much. I started out wanting to do trance, but accidentally created some amateur hardstyle.

The last song I did, and my current best is a mix of videogame music and dnb:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/359930

Post September 12th, 2010, 2:22 pm

Flickstah:
Old school Setup:

Stanton T50 turntables
Gemini PS424X 2 Channel Mixer

Recently bought new midi controller:

Vestax vci-300
Traktor Pro software
Lenovo T500 Laptop

Wanted 3 channel mixer for obvious reasons, still shopping.

Post September 12th, 2010, 2:22 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Dakotatard, way to rip off of "As The Rush Comes" you unoriginal hack.

Post September 12th, 2010, 2:25 pm

It is opinionated, It's from my experience, I've always pretty much forced FL to clip my songs because it just cant handle the sounds I need. Its probably fine for nearly all Prog/House/Trance/Etc. songs, because they don't need heavy re-layering of the sounds to make it sound 'full' for example, I've had to use 6 layers just for a melody, When producing gabber/hardcore, I have to use around 8 layers just for the kick or bass (and it doesn't do much to my CPU. In FL it would have probably just killed the program}

Post September 12th, 2010, 2:28 pm

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Dakotatard, way to rip off of "As The Rush Comes" you unoriginal hack.

Hm, that doesn't sound anything like it. Maybe you should play the piano, then you could really understand chord progressions? That's ok though. I'm the unoriginal hack now. Hooray for new titles!
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post September 12th, 2010, 2:37 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

And that is the same thing Vanilla Ice said to David Bowie. Elements sound exactly the same to me, sorry.

And I've played french horn for 10 years. French horn is one of the most musically demanding instruments (considered the hardest to play among many people due to the instrument being what I'll call "high maintenance") so please don't give me any "I'm edjumacated in musikz and you're not" garbage.

I lack music theory experience, however my ear is pretty good because I played French Horn and I'm telling you elements sound pretty similar. You have a similar instrumentation setup and the beat sounds pretty close.

Post September 12th, 2010, 2:46 pm

Aw, the French Horn? That's adorable.

You should learn the guitar. That would get you SOOO laid.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post September 12th, 2010, 2:50 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Post September 12th, 2010, 2:55 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Flickstah

Aw, the French Horn? That's adorable.

You should learn the guitar. That would get you SOOO laid.

So you're just going to insult me instead of defend your song? That doesn't reflect well.

Post September 12th, 2010, 3:00 pm

I don't need to defend it. I didn't rip that song, and I know it. Why do I need to prove anything? Especially to some ego fueled jack off like you?

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion