Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Big shot DJ Rant.

Big shot DJ Rant.

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 12th, 2010, 3:07 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
But yours sounds like the same thing minus a couple instruments.
Additionally if you want to win an argument pretending you're superior to the other person and not answering them is great if you're 5.

I've presented my case, and your entire case has been "no" and that's it.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 12th, 2010, 3:24 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
I don't think he ripped anything off of anything. Chords and melodies can only vary so much. And the beat in his song is standard for the genre.

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post September 12th, 2010, 3:28 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by ianko66

I don't think he ripped anything off of anything. Chords and melodies can only vary so much. And the beat in his song is standard for the genre.

You're not being sarcastic right? Cause if you're not...wow.

Post September 12th, 2010, 3:31 pm

What I should of said was simple melodies.
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post September 12th, 2010, 3:36 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
If you listen to my song CLOSELY, and then listen to "As the Rush Comes," CLOSELY, you will realize that the chord progressions are not the same, not even close. The song I created is a chord progression from C, to B, to A, and back to B, while the other is progression from D to F sharp. The BPM's are also off, with mine at 128, and the other I would say around 133. The main melodies have completely different sounds, her's has more sounds, not to mention that sound would be labeled trance, as mine is labeled as Progressive House.

Need I say more?
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post September 12th, 2010, 3:48 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Flickstah

Need I say more?

I never mentioned chord progressions, I just said yours sounds like a stripped down version of the other one. I know they're not exactly the same, they just seem eerily similar to the casual listener.

Great tactic BTW, debunk something I never said to try and make yourself look better.

Post September 12th, 2010, 4:11 pm

Points on hand: 679.00 Points
Dynamics in Serene are static, in As The Rush Comes, they start as static but develop two minutes in. The boring dynamics I would say links the two peices the most.

The main melody in Serene has a triplet 8th rhythm. As The Rush Comes has a mixture of 8ths, dotted 8ths, and 16th. Triplet 8ths may easily be confused dotted 8ths, especially when non-dotted 8ths and 16ths are thrown in, making the rhythm sound similar for casual listeners.

The tempo of each song, as Flickstah stated, is very close.

Post September 12th, 2010, 8:27 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Originally posted by Toatal Pro

Dynamics in Serene are static, in As The Rush Comes, they start as static but develop two minutes in. The boring dynamics I would say links the two peices the most.

The main melody in Serene has a triplet 8th rhythm. As The Rush Comes has a mixture of 8ths, dotted 8ths, and 16th. Triplet 8ths may easily be confused dotted 8ths, especially when non-dotted 8ths and 16ths are thrown in, making the rhythm sound similar for casual listeners.

The tempo of each song, as Flickstah stated, is very close.

whoah no way thats a whole shitload of numerical stuff.. you must be a fruity loops master. you said " triplet" whooooaaaaahhh heavy

Post September 13th, 2010, 12:59 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Wait, flickstah, Mitch Hedberg Died???? Drug Overdose? This is terrible. He was so funny.

You know how with stoplights green means go, red means stop, and yellow means slow down? Well with bananas, it's the opposite. Green means hold on, yellow means go ahead, and red means where the love did you get that banana?

When ever i'm shaving, I think how theres someone else shaving in the world, so I say "I'm shaving, too!"

[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post September 13th, 2010, 1:21 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by Flickstah

Aw, the French Horn? That's adorable.

You should learn the guitar. That would get you SOOO laid.

And that does what? I love how low some of you stoop in your arguments with ckw...

Post September 13th, 2010, 1:46 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
He's gone pretty low himself.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post September 13th, 2010, 2:06 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Real
And that does what? I love how low some of you stoop in your arguments with ckw...

It makes him feel like he made a comment against me when he actually didn't accomplish anything at all. People usually do this when they can't handle criticism so their ego feels like they won even though they can't come up with anything.

Also, I don't care if it's 25% different or whatever, it still sounds the same to the casual listener to doesn't have access to programs that will tell you time signature, pitches, beats per minute, etc.

Besides you all should know you can imitate triplets in a 4/4 time signature by dotting random notes in differing time signatures. So don't give me this quasi-educated poop. I know a little bit about music, I played in school and had lessons for around 10 years.

Honestly you guys are like kids playing with toys. Here are some of the joys of playing french horn other people don't need to deal with all of the time:

1. F Horn is in F. Old music isn't written in F since the F horn hadn't been invented yet. They used various hunting horns in random pitches. Have fun transposing to C or something fun like A on the fly.

2. Once you've tuned one side of the horn, you need to tune the other side of the horn (assuming you have a double. If someone doesn't have a double, they're suicidal). Good luck getting them in tune together. Triple horns make this even better and more fun.

3. Use a mute and ruins the tuning mentioned above.

4. 25+ft of brass or nickel is quite sensitive to temperature. This ruins tuning further.

5. Ever had to play a sound effect on cue in a play?

6. All clefs are fair game

7. The instrument is the most sensitive to lip movement of any instrument. Tightening/loosening of the lips changes the note you play.

8. F horn players generally have an extremely good ear because it's MUCH easier to play a song if you can hear in your head first. I have a good ear, and I'm telling you they sound pretty damn close. The one he ripped off of seems like a more complex version of what he made.

9. When told to play loud, since your bell points in the opposite direction of everyone else, you need to play louder than everyone else.

10. Do you know how hard it is to bend metal like that? There is a level of craftsmanship in these that is unparalleled compared to a synth or a guitar. Guitars have tried by making limited edition poop, but in the end the level of craftsmanship is vastly different.

http://www.poperepair.com/store/images/IMG_6350.JPG
7K for the above, and it's obviously had multiple repairs. There is no super ultra limited supply and it's not autographed by anyone.

And finally consider this:
Ever seen a marching band with a F horn in it? You haven't. The instrument is too hard to play while walking so we instead get the atrocity known in some areas the "mellophone", which is an F Horn coiled up like a trumpet with trumpet like pitch increments (IE F horn made even more out of tune but significantly easier to play).

So have a grand old time making music that is instantly in tune and on beat by pressing button and clicking a mouse. It sounds really challenging. You guys have no respect for how music is actually made, and that is what Jayman is calling you out on several posts above me.

Also since you pansies don't play wind instruments you don't understand the pleasure of being able to breathe whenever you feel like it.

Take your guitar and kiss my ass with it pansy.

Post September 13th, 2010, 3:44 am

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
^
Thy Evil One hath wrote us far too many words...again?

Post September 13th, 2010, 11:31 am

Points on hand: 96.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
Why did this discussion go from silly mouse head DJ to ckmwm playing the French horn? Lol

I love how the person with exceptional hatred for any electronic dance genre has so much in depth knowledge in the first place. I want to see anyone beat match 2 or more songs just by pressing a button when using vinyl.

Post September 13th, 2010, 11:33 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

**facepalm**

Post September 13th, 2010, 11:38 am

It really isn't about how insanely hard it is but more about how cool it sounds. I dont critisize people for there music taste. If you don't like it, don't listen.

Post September 13th, 2010, 12:40 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

I was hinting at a respect level, and that whole thing wasn't even directed at your...

Post September 13th, 2010, 1:45 pm

Post September 13th, 2010, 4:12 pm

Lol, DONT FEED TROLL.

Post September 13th, 2010, 4:21 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

So have a grand old time making music that is instantly in tune and on beat by pressing button and clicking a mouse. It sounds really challenging. You guys have no respect for how music is actually made, and that is what Jayman is calling you out on several posts above me.

what?
heh .. erm .. seriously,. someone pointed out earlier that making it sound good is more important than how much work went into it. just because it aint my cup of tea doesnt mean it's crap. but it is funny to watch people get all " technical"

Post September 13th, 2010, 4:30 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
Originally posted by slosprint

I play Rock Band on the PS3.
[lol]

W8...Am I too late to jump on the bandwagon? [:D]
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post September 13th, 2010, 5:07 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I am really bad at it, but if you want to give me your ps3 username then sure I guess.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post September 13th, 2010, 5:17 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
^

Erm...i'm X360...[:P]
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post September 13th, 2010, 5:20 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
oh, lol...
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post September 13th, 2010, 7:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
Deadmau5 isn't that bad... a couple of his songs are okay.

And if we're talking about DJing I has a Hercules RMX Midi Controller with Traktor Pro[dorkhat]
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion