Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Darien Lake

Darien Lake

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post May 3rd, 2003, 9:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I just got back from six flags darien lake since its my homepark and i go there about 3 times each week. And I don't know why i did this because why would the park manager give a care what i thought, but i requested that they built a new B&M coaster for like 2004 and there thinking about doing that so im trying to convince them and hopefully B&M will, too. But that would be sweet that a new coaster was built because of me[:)]. OMG i have to say this. superman: ride of steel is like getting worse and worse throughout the years that it has been built, it has no airtime anymore( it used to) and it barely makes it over the camelbacks and stuff. I rode it in the front seat and I was thinking am i going to make it over this last hill? it took forever! it was traveling at about 3 mph and I was really, really scared that we weren't gonna make it and before I rode it, the block brakes were messed up and the chain wasn't working, and I knew what was wrong, but these ride ops that were there were so dumb and refused to listen to me and it took them hours to get the darn thing fixed! yeah so the block brakes DID work when i rode it but i was scared out of my mind that we were gonna go through the station because of the block brake problems and I would die of the frickin lateral g's because there is a turn out of the station and that i was gonna die. But i didn't and i was very happy. Also, when i rode mind eraser, it never used to be this rough but i felt like crap when i got off of it and was wondering how come it was never this rough b4 and stuff. yeah. well um, im just gonna go on and on if i don't stop talking, so I will just leave it at that. bottom line: maybe a new ride at darien lake(B&M), mind eraser sucks now, and that superman is getting really messed up. okay im done.

Post May 4th, 2003, 1:23 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

(SROS)It's the trains. the trains aren't very great quality. It's happening at SFA's SROS too. They need to replace them or something.

Post May 4th, 2003, 11:19 am

Points on hand: 2,875.00 Points

Post May 4th, 2003, 12:50 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Six Flags has a very bad past history of maintaing coasters sucessfuly. Remember when 'Orient Express' derailed a couple years ago? And take a look at 'Revolution', 'Riddler's Revenge', and 'Deja Vu'... All three of these coasters were completely killed by getting trim brakes added. I rest my case.

Post May 4th, 2003, 1:00 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
FYI: Orient Express is at Worlds of Fun, a Cedar Fair park.

Post May 4th, 2003, 1:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
There are a total of 7 Orient Express named coasters [;)]

Post May 4th, 2003, 1:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
Also, Six Flags added trim brakes to X and it vallied during test runs. (I would link you to the topic, but it was in the old WWS.com and is not available anymore [;)])

Post May 4th, 2003, 1:05 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Post May 4th, 2003, 2:22 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Post May 4th, 2003, 2:54 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Post May 4th, 2003, 3:09 pm