Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Coaster Dynamix: Rail Issues

Coaster Dynamix: Rail Issues

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 12th, 2010, 12:13 am

Points on hand: 1,164.00 Points
I am having problems snapping on the rails to the ties of the Scorpion model. I nearly warped the whole set of rails while trying to snap them to the ties so I have to buy more railing. I am just wondering if anyone who has a Coaster Dynamix set, knows of any techniques to help me not warp my next set of rails. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I am thinking of taking the track off of the supports and straightening them out before adding the railing.

Post October 12th, 2010, 6:40 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
How do you mean warped?
Did you break them, or were they simply bent? If they are only bent, you can use them on your next models, as they will simply bent again.

Post October 12th, 2010, 7:07 am

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
http://www.coasterdynamix.com/index.php ... &Itemid=55
This might help,I got a Phoenix and a Scorpion too,but the wheels fell out of the boogies on 2 cars,this is a MOFO work to fit them in again.

Post October 12th, 2010, 9:53 am

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points

Post October 12th, 2010, 11:07 am

Nah its not a real toy its more a nice plaything for RC fans.

Post October 12th, 2010, 1:52 pm

If the box says 'safe for childen # and up', it's probably a toy. I'm a roller coaster fan, but my geek level doesn't stretch to sitting indian style on the floor and snapping together knex.

Post October 12th, 2010, 1:57 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by ProZach626

If the box says 'safe for childen # and up', it's probably a toy. I'm a roller coaster fan, but my geek level doesn't stretch to sitting indian style on the floor and snapping together knex.

Then you've obviously never used a set. It's soo much better than Knex, it has much less friction, and the detailed track and supports make you put up much realistic designs.

Post October 12th, 2010, 2:04 pm

Obviously never used a set on purpose. 25 is too old to be playing with toys.

Post October 12th, 2010, 2:05 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm 21 and I still enjoy building coasters with CD. It's more a working model than it is a toy.

Post October 12th, 2010, 2:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

And what, this makes you a better or more mature person because of it? Take your ego elsewhere man. No one cares what you think.

I repeat, no one cares.

Post October 12th, 2010, 3:01 pm

I only care about who cares what I think in real life... so.. - toys

Post October 12th, 2010, 3:48 pm

Post October 12th, 2010, 4:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
Why do all the threads turn into foul arguments? Let people post their damn opinion. If you don't like then don't respond.

Yeah, I tried Knex out about 6 years ago. Shitty. Never tried CD, looks too fast from videos. And then I found NL and all the coaster modeling went away.
Anyone remember Space Warp with the steel marbles?

Post October 12th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Post October 12th, 2010, 4:58 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post October 12th, 2010, 5:07 pm

Didn`t you stole that pic from someone of the forum.

Post October 12th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

I only care about who cares what I think in real life... so.. - toys

You responded to someone else so that nullifies your statement there. Your statement would work if you started the thread and someone responded but since you did the responded, you definitely failed to back up your argument.

So now that youre aboard the failboat, hows the ride?

Come back when you can make sense of your own words. Till then, happy trolling.

Post October 12th, 2010, 10:20 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Hands too busy whacking off?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 12th, 2010, 10:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

Originally posted by Onjin

Yeah, I tried Knex out about 6 years ago. Shitty. Never tried CD, looks too fast from videos.

You can make a pretty decent screamin' squirrel with K'nex, but you have to be fairly creative (and well-practiced with the kits). It's definitely not good for any rides of larger scale. I built entire amusement parks out of K'nex in my youth, but they didn't have any large coasters due to friction issues.

Coaster Dynamix does, in fact, look too fast to be "realistic." This is because gravity is constant and cannot be scaled to fit the model. However, I think it is best to have realistic friction coefficients and deal with the overly powerful gravity, because the alternative is to not be capable of making the correct layouts at all.

To summarize: K'nex has high friction and loads of physical constraints (only some of which can be overcome by clever re-engineering), but it looks roughly right to the eye when run. CD allows you to create a realistic layout with its superior physical properties, but it doesn't look as "right" because gravity's a bitch.

Post October 13th, 2010, 2:27 am

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
Originally posted by Kevin Brennan

Originally posted by Onjin

Yeah, I tried Knex out about 6 years ago. Shitty. Never tried CD, looks too fast from videos.

You can make a pretty decent screamin' squirrel with K'nex, but you have to be fairly creative (and well-practiced with the kits). It's definitely not good for any rides of larger scale. I built entire amusement parks out of K'nex in my youth, but they didn't have any large coasters due to friction issues.

Coaster Dynamix does, in fact, look too fast to be "realistic." This is because gravity is constant and cannot be scaled to fit the model. However, I think it is best to have realistic friction coefficients and deal with the overly powerful gravity, because the alternative is to not be capable of making the correct layouts at all.

To summarize: K'nex has high friction and loads of physical constraints (only some of which can be overcome by clever re-engineering), but it looks roughly right to the eye when run. CD allows you to create a realistic layout with its superior physical properties, but it doesn't look as "right" because gravity's a bitch.

Absolutely this. Gravity simply does not scale right. Scale model roller coasters (Note: Not "toys") may be fun, as is RCT3, but they don't have the same realistic design capability NL has. Also, you can only build one coaster at once. If you want to build a new one, you have to take to old one apart.
Originally posted by dcs221
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post October 13th, 2010, 7:34 am

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

but you can play with coaster dynamix and actually touch it, you carnt with NL so to speak

and since i have 5 sets of coaster dynamix it makes it cool end of story

and back on topic if your having problems snapping the rails on use a hairdryier to heat the rails a little, it will make it easier
Making screams come true

Post October 13th, 2010, 8:37 am

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Hands too busy whacking off?

Says the guy playing with his "screamin' squirrel"?

Post October 13th, 2010, 10:38 am

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

^Actually, that was me, not Coasterkid. Simple, obvious failures such as that make your trolling much less effective (I'm here to help [;)]).

Post October 13th, 2010, 12:24 pm

Originally posted by gazag

but you can play with coaster dynamix and actually touch it, you carnt with NL so to speak

and since i have 5 sets of coaster dynamix it makes it cool end of story

and back on topic if your having problems snapping the rails on use a hairdryier to heat the rails a little, it will make it easier

Which sets do you have?

Post October 13th, 2010, 2:12 pm

Originally posted by Kevin Brennan

^Actually, that was me, not Coasterkid. Simple, obvious failures such as that make your trolling much less effective (I'm here to help [;)]).

I know that was you who said you were playing with toys. I'm assuming since he was so defensive he also plays with toys. Good try, though.

Return to Off Topic Discussion