Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Bumblebee Epic Fail During Filming

Bumblebee Epic Fail During Filming

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 13th, 2010, 10:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Yeah, so apparently Some cop responding to an emergency call gets into the filming set of Transformers 3, dodges Optimus Prime, then Bumblebee whips out of a turn and gets destroyed at the nose, and the Police SUV barely gets damaged.

Post October 13th, 2010, 10:56 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post October 14th, 2010, 2:54 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Saw this on YouTube yesterday and it made me chuckle.

Originally posted by Live on earths ass

Ohh,thats sad,I`m a huge car fan.

If you were truly a "huge car fan", you wouldn't be sad to see a smashed up Camaro.

Post October 14th, 2010, 8:57 am

Post October 14th, 2010, 9:56 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

A Camaro is an American vehicle. Only good for straight line speed and crashing into poop. Not that the Camaro is particularly good for straight line speed either given its engine cpactiy. The SS model has a 6.2litre engine and produces 426hp.... wtf is THAT!? 6.2 LITRES! and all they've managed to draw from it is 426hp!? Utterly useless. (Comparison: UK model of Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII FQ400 - 2litre engine capactiy = 405hp)

Archaic chassis technology and general cheapness of manufacture and materials are also known issues.

If you're doing anything other than posing when you're driving a car like that, then you're an idiot.

Post October 14th, 2010, 10:03 am

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

A Camaro is an American vehicle. Only good for straight line speed and crashing into poop. Not that the Camaro is particularly good for straight line speed either given its engine cpactiy. The SS model has a 6.2litre engine and produces 426hp.... wtf is THAT!? 6.2 LITRES! and all they've managed to draw from it is 426hp!? Utterly useless. (Comparison: UK model of Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII FQ400 - 2litre engine capactiy = 411hp)

Archaic chassis technology and general cheapness of manufacture and materials are also known issues.

If you're doing anything other than posing when you're driving a car like that, then you're an idiot.

You need to check your facts. I'm a huge import car fan. I drive an 09 Civic Si, and I really don't care for muscle cars much. However, the Camaro can actually handle very well, as can the new mustang GT.

I hate these cars as well, but the new ones are actually respectable. A very respectable new muscle car is the mustang GT, which is not only great for straight line speed, but it handles very well.

Also Chevy did a great job with the cobalt SS/TC. It can out handle AWD turbo cars like the WRX, and it's a monster on the track in it's class. Probably the best bang for your buck that you can get for around 22k. The Ford Focus RS is also an 'american made' car that unfortunately has not been released in the states. It's a 300 whp turbo four cylinder that top gear said was one of the most fun FWD cars they had ever driven.

Again, I'm not a fan of the cars produced by the US, but I recognize their recent improvements. Much of the American public is still stuck in the ignorant "imports are junk" mentality, but the majority is starting to recognize the superior quality brought by imported brands. This is why brands like Ford are stepping up their game and are improving. GM is a little slower on their game, and Dodge is leaps and bounds behind. Until the GP see's that 4000 pound 400 horse cars aren't what they are cracked up to be, compared to a 250 whp/2800 lb car, the US is stuck with 'fast cars' being seen as gas guzzling pigs.

Post October 14th, 2010, 10:08 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Are you seriously attempting to dispute the fact that even the newest Camaro has truly archaic chassis and suspension? Weight distribution is much improved meaning handling is better than previously, but still, there are only a handful of American vehicles than handle respectably.

And most of them come in some form from Ford or GM, seeing as they are learning slowly from there European design divisions. Such as Vauxhall and Ford Europe.

Post October 14th, 2010, 10:15 am

I edited my post, after you posted yours. I agree that America is behind the European and Japanese makes, but the point I was trying to convey was that I think brands like Ford in particular are making a lot of improvements. Hell... there might even come the day that I own an American made vehicle. The Chevy cobalt SS is a FWD track car's dream, but it still has rental car quality. That's the only thing that keeps me from trading in my Si on one. I was hugely disappinted when I found out the Focus RS wasn't coming to America, as announced.

Post October 14th, 2010, 10:21 am

Post October 14th, 2010, 10:41 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by ProZach626

Hell... there might even come the day that I own an American made vehicle.

Aren't you 13?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 14th, 2010, 10:41 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
What corner does your mother Mercedes work at?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 14th, 2010, 10:58 am

Post October 14th, 2010, 11:04 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I edited my post, after you posted yours. I agree that America is behind the European and Japanese makes, but the point I was trying to convey was that I think brands like Ford in particular are making a lot of improvements. Hell... there might even come the day that I own an American made vehicle. The Chevy cobalt SS is a FWD track car's dream, but it still has rental car quality. That's the only thing that keeps me from trading in my Si on one. I was hugely disappinted when I found out the Focus RS wasn't coming to America, as announced.

Yeah, good progress is being made as the companies in America continue to further develop their kit in accordance with the cars their European arms are producing. Ford is a very good example. I own a Ford and it is an extremely good handling car and extremely economic, two things I would definitely not associate with American cars [lol] The Ford Focus RS as well, is one of my favourite cars, the thing is an absolute beast, I had a go in one on a track also, which was amazing!

Pic related:

Post October 14th, 2010, 11:18 am

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

i find the way you discribe you KA funny gouldy, yes what you said is tru but you didnt mention it was a KA

i have owned 12 ford cars since i started driving but now i own a seat van which is way more economical and reliable.
the RS is a truely awsome car and on track it is wicked and they have solved alot of problems they had with the ST. i have owned a fiesta ST and must say it was possiably the worst handeling car i ever owned. it was like a hamster ball powered be a hamster jacked up on coffee, redbull and monster energy.
but as to date the 12 american cars i have driven have all dont the same, guzzled fuel, gone in a straight line and not liked corners.
man i love living right next to hednesford hills so many things to do up there when your on a banger team.
Making screams come true

Post October 14th, 2010, 11:40 am

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
My mum owned a Ford, but then I broked. So she got a new car.
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post October 14th, 2010, 1:24 pm

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Hell... there might even come the day that I own an American made vehicle.

Aren't you 13?

25, last time I checked.

Post October 14th, 2010, 1:28 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
You guys can settle your "2 Fast 2 Furious" debate in a PM. Keeping on topic, I have these questions:

Will the officer cite the Camaro driver for failure to yield, or do the rules change since it was a reserved filming set?
Will the studio send the police department the bill to repair or replace that Camaro?

Post October 14th, 2010, 1:35 pm

Yeah, good progress is being made as the companies in America continue to further develop their kit in accordance with the cars their European arms are producing. Ford is a very good example. I own a Ford and it is an extremely good handling car and extremely economic, two things I would definitely not associate with American cars [lol] The Ford Focus RS as well, is one of my favourite cars, the thing is an absolute beast, I had a go in one on a track also, which was amazing!

I was so bummed when I found out the RS wasn't coming to the US. The RS or the toyota FT-86 was going to be my next car. First Ford announced that the RS wasn't coming to the US... then toyota announced the FT-86 was going to be a scion, non turbo, and too expensive for what is planned.

No now I'm stuck in my good looking, but completely torqueless Civic Si coupe, and wanting out of it. My only two options are the amazing, but gas guzzling Subaru WRX, or the rental car quality FWD track killer cobalt SS coupe.

Here's my slow poke:

Post October 14th, 2010, 1:37 pm

Originally posted by SauronHimself

You guys can settle your "2 Fast 2 Furious" debate in a PM. Keeping on topic, I have these questions:

Will the officer cite the Camaro driver for failure to yield, or do the rules change since it was a reserved filming set?
Will the studio send the police department the bill to repair or replace that Camaro?

Fast and furious has nothing to do with true car enthusiasts. Those movies are only good for laughs and people who street race are retarded.

That being said, the officer will be the one sited. The set was closed off and reserved.

Post October 14th, 2010, 1:39 pm

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points
^ But then again, the officer was responding to an emergency.

Post October 14th, 2010, 3:37 pm

I understand where you're coming from, but it doesn't matter. The officer couldn't go wide open throttle through a closed off Fair grounds street, just because there was an emergency. When he hits and kills 10 people you can't say 'well he was responding to an emergency'.

The officer took the risk by passing through this area. The officer was responsible for the accident. I'm finishing my Criminal Justice Bachelor's degree this semester, and I've interned for a local police department to get my degree. Trust me... all of the blame will be on the officer.

Post October 14th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

...far less of a wreck than that movie is going to be...

Post October 14th, 2010, 3:51 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I understand where you're coming from, but it doesn't matter. The officer couldn't go wide open throttle through a closed off Fair grounds street, just because there was an emergency. When he hits and kills 10 people you can't say 'well he was responding to an emergency'.

The officer took the risk by passing through this area. The officer was responsible for the accident. I'm finishing my Criminal Justice Bachelor's degree this semester, and I've interned for a local police department to get my degree. Trust me... all of the blame will be on the officer.

That is unless the set wasn't properly closed off and there weren't any clear signs indicating it was a closed set and street.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 14th, 2010, 4:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

^ The police would DEFINATLY be aware that filming was going on in that street (legal reasons), and on a set that size, the police would have actually had a presence there
Rarwh

Post October 14th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Points on hand: 735.00 Points

Pic related:

this is why i like foreign cars over american cars even though im american. becuase i feel our car companies are holding out on us ( not like the other ones aren't) i mean gm owns holden, opel,and vauxhal. i would love to own one of those, the ford focus rs is one of my dream cars so.. yeah.
Fly at the speed of fright

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion