Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Untitled "Matrix" Project [Pics up!]

Untitled "Matrix" Project [Pics up!]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post November 3rd, 2010, 10:26 pm

Points on hand: 79.00 Points
I have a very unique project that I've been working on and off on for a long time. It's been a long while since I've uploaded, partially due to the lack of a successful design. I have one now, and it's pretty awesome (if I do say so myself, haha).
But it also has huge potential for environmental modifications and scenic interactivity. Unfortunately, I have have no skill in making 3d's and absolutely no idea how to modify the NoLimits environment. So I humbly request assistance from someone who does know what they're doing. I would obviously give credit for your work.

**support work would not be necessary, I will take care of that**

It would also help if the person has seen the Matrix.

If you are interested in helping, pm or e-mail me.
Thank you all very much! I'll post pictures soon.
Last edited by Pockets on November 5th, 2010, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 3rd, 2010, 11:26 pm

And it will not be called "Enter the Matrix". That name has been too overused.

It will most likely be filed under "realistic", though it is not in any way supposed to mimic a company's style of work.

Post November 4th, 2010, 12:23 pm

I would just need a couple of ominously dark skyscrapers, and cement ground for 3D's. A "Matrix green" (RGB 7/212/72 but darker) hazy rain-like texture environment with buildings instead of trees in the background, at night, with a lot of ambient "city" light. (again, with a tint of Matrix green).

(Basically like the background of the final battle in Matrix Revolutions)

I'd do it myself, but I have absolutely no experience in doing these kind of things.

So somebody please help?
Thanks.

Post November 5th, 2010, 5:13 pm

Pictures!

Top View

"Matrix Code" paint job

There is no spoon.

Post November 5th, 2010, 5:53 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

Post November 5th, 2010, 6:06 pm

Which is why a themed environment would help. I know that it's hard to look at right now, but I put a fair amount thought towards this. It will work... Later on...

Post November 5th, 2010, 9:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

where's the woman in the red dress? Ok, the color scheme is pretty cool looking, however, when flying over track like that, it has gotta be painful to look at...3d's probably will not fix that problem, especially since the green is very bright. Other than that, no complaints. *removes sunglasses*
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post November 6th, 2010, 1:53 pm

Altered colors are now every fifth segment. Is that any better?

Post November 6th, 2010, 2:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points

Post November 6th, 2010, 3:29 pm

^ I agree, however, not my coaster, the color is a little easier to look at now.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post November 6th, 2010, 7:34 pm

I have a name suggestion if interested...The Matrix: Altered Reality

Post November 6th, 2010, 10:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
You should theme it in a city running away from an agent lol
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post November 7th, 2010, 12:18 am

^ That was kind of my idea, but nobody has offered to help me. I have nothing but CAD experience, and I haven't had access to that in like 2 years anyway. My first few posts fully explain my idea.

And I will definitely take that name into consideration!

Post November 7th, 2010, 9:00 am

Mr. Anderson! xD

JK. There's a few people that can help. ask A113 or gazag, if he's not being a wiener.

Post November 7th, 2010, 10:54 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Originally posted by bandman232

if he's not being a wiener.

[lol]

With a project this ambitious, it would have been a good idea to discuss with someone before you started.

Also, that track is really rough to look at. How bout all black track with neon green rails?
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post November 9th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Even better. Calmed down the paint job a bit, and put a more fitting ground texture.

Though, this is pretty much exactly what I was thinking of in terms of scenery. (I think this may have been off of the Matrix video game). The only thing I would add to this would be rain.

Post November 10th, 2010, 12:14 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
That paint job is not calmed down. If anything, the green looks brighter in the new picture because of the more pronounced contrast with the black. Darken it...like, a lot...make it eerier...you know, like the Matrix?

Post November 10th, 2010, 12:46 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I wouldn't use different colors for the track...it's not something Intamin ever does far as I know. Maybe try dark gray for the supports, and green for the track? Kinda like a Riddler's Revenge paint scheme. Maybe even opposite could work if the green isn't too bright.

Post November 10th, 2010, 1:03 am

That's partially due to my photo editor... sorry. It has this auto-enhance thing. Is this green better? (I stopped the color alteration)

Post November 10th, 2010, 10:25 am

That is much better. What color are you going for with the supports?

Post November 11th, 2010, 11:50 pm

I was just gonna go with black. I wanted the main focus to be the 3d city and the track. Unless you guys have a better idea...

Post January 2nd, 2011, 2:06 am

I know this project has kind of dropped off the map lately. I promise it has not been forgotten. I recently bought a PC, and subsequently RCT2, (which is still one of my favorite games ever) so a lot of free time has been... lost... to that. (haha)

Good news is, I'll be able to work on the 3D's myself now. Just as soon as I get a hang of Google SketchUp.

Post January 2nd, 2011, 2:24 am

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by Pockets

This was the best paint job.... maybe just use a darker green.
American Eagle Lover

Post January 2nd, 2011, 1:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
I think you want to dull the track as much as possible. From what you're saying, it sounds like you want to put a lot of attention on the enviroment/3D's. If you have such a vibrant looking track, you will take much away from the scenery. In addition, this scene is at night... Make a dark track color.

Post March 16th, 2011, 11:35 am

It turns out that working with 3D's is a pain... and the track fails tunnel tests. Though there's only one train on the track at a time, I know some would still complain. I don't know how motivated I am to continue this. Does someone else want it?

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area