Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Snow

Snow

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 29th, 2010, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
I like snow,as long as it does not force me to get up at 5.30,just to catch my bus at time :(

Post November 29th, 2010, 6:02 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Originally posted by CoastaGuy

Originally posted by slosprint

Snowboarders are complete jerks. They always run over little kids learning to ski for the first time because they think that they are somehow above the rules of the mountain (speaking from multiple childhood traumas).

LOL, you must be quite a wiener.

No, I just don't like 300 pound men who think they are cool if they go fast careening into me with the equivalent force of a bulldozer thank you very much.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post November 29th, 2010, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
While for the most part, snowboarders are indeed assholes, there are a few that aren't. They're rare, though, and should not be taken for granted.

Post November 29th, 2010, 6:41 pm

Image Insert:
1844.67 KB
Snow.That pic was taken yesterday,thers more now.
Image Insert:
1208.44 KB
My dog seconds that

Now you see why I choosed Live on earths ass as username.

Post November 29th, 2010, 6:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Originally posted by boneplaya

While for the most part, snowboarders are indeed assholes, there are a few that aren't. They're rare, though, and should not be taken for granted.

Dude, just by saying that thinking you're right, you just lost all credibility. You can't say that because of maybe one or two snowboarders you've met who are like that. Just like how not every American is 400 pounds and retarded, and just like not every smart person is a nerd, snowboarders are not all assholes, or even mostly assholes. Most that I've ever met are a pretty creative and easy going bunch.

Post November 29th, 2010, 6:57 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
What kind of furry dog is that?
This is not my signature.

Post November 29th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I've met something on the order of 50 snowboarders and have come in contact with hundreds. They're mostly assholes.

Also, "creative and easy-going" is not the opposite of "asshole". Just saying.

Post November 29th, 2010, 7:01 pm

Dunno how it is called in English,but its a caniche royal.And no we don`t let him look like one of those pink,furry,poor creatures tortured from models and people with any kind of good taste/style.His name is Kaschmir(yes my mom choosed the name,but it fits he`s furry,lulz)

Post November 29th, 2010, 8:26 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by CoastaGuy
You can't say that because of maybe one or two snowboarders you've met who are like that.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post November 29th, 2010, 8:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

^^I don't know any easy going assholes. They're usually not very easy to get along with because, well, they're assholes.

I will never understand why people tend to get all technical on the internet..

Post November 29th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by Live on earths ass

Image Insert:

Calvin, That is a wonderful picture. I personally think snow is pretty and can bring happiness.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post November 29th, 2010, 10:50 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post November 30th, 2010, 1:51 am

Points on hand: 3,123.00 Points
If snowboarders are asshats and skiers good-guys, does that make sledders Meh?

No snow in Chicago. But as long as I've got a warm room to return to after snow fun, then I'm down.

Post December 2nd, 2010, 4:11 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

The good side of snow is that it is pretty and can be a lot of fun, as decided in the majority of the above posts.

The bad side, however, is that there are quite a lot of people who are completely retarded and drive rear wheel drive cars without actually knowing how to correctly use them:

I was stuck behind these retards on the hill up to work yesterday for 5 minutes while they slid from side to side, not going forward at all. Eventually a large enough gap opened up between them that I was able to just drive straight between them and up the hill.

Some people are just full on stupid.

Post December 2nd, 2010, 7:16 am

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
Got the day off due to more snow.
Gonna go sledging with my friends.
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post December 2nd, 2010, 9:01 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

the hill in my picture would be love awesome to sledge down! It's got a corner and everything! If you're not able to negotiate the corner (just behind me in the picture) then you go through a thin bush and plummit 50ft to a busy road below! So there's a nice element of danger for the thrill seekers in all of us! [lol]

Post December 2nd, 2010, 9:05 am

Post December 2nd, 2010, 9:32 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sledge:

Imagine what one might do with one of these and a hillside covered in ice [lol]

Post December 2nd, 2010, 11:25 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
1. You mean a sled?
2. I will back up slosprint's view of Snowboarders. It's similar to the "BMW's are for assholes, Buicks/Alfa Romeros/Lexus' (Lexi?) are for nice people" comments I've seen, except it's skiing instead.
3. I absolutely hate the cold, which is ironic since I'll be writing my thesis on glacial processesy sedimentology stuff.
4. Gouldy you should talk to the professor I'm working under, he regularly disappears to Antarctica, Svalbard (island by the North Pole I think Norway "owns". Has the Global Seed Vault too), and Alaska for his polar research business and regularly makes anyone who complains about the cold here in Illinois looks like a pussy lol
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 2nd, 2010, 1:35 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Obvious sledge is obvious. You could call it a sled I suppose, but that sounds like a typical lazy American word to me, i.e. just missing off letters to make the word shorter to suit the intelligence of its audience [lol]

I do love the cold. At work, our kit goes into warehouses and 2 times out of 10 the warehouse is a cold store. The cold stores can be between -10 and -25 degrees C. We have to install the kit and I always volunteer for the cold store installations, they're awesome. I couldn't imagine how much it costs to keep a 200,000 sq foot warehouse at -22C [lol] but it's awesome all the same.

Post December 2nd, 2010, 10:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

Originally posted by gouldy

I absolutely love the way really fresh cold air feels on the skin, so as much of the skin exposed as possible, the better. Core temperature can drop quite quickly though, so obviously I'd wear a bit more if I was going to be out for hours and hours. But walking from one place to another, or playing football, or having a snowball fight, definitely sleeveless or topless.

I absolutely agree! I wear shorts and a tshirt throughout winter, unless obviously I'll be outside for a long time. It feels great! I actually stood outside in boxers when it was -33?????????F (-36?????????C) to see what it felt like (quite cold). I think it's partially due to my metabolism that I can stand that; I've always been known for generating an enormous amount of heat. Also, my normal body temperature is usually from 95-96 instead of the conventional 98.6, and it seems like this has something to do with it.

Also--ever tried riding a bike in snow? The wheel packs down the snow ahead of you so on asphalt, you slide everywhere and it's awesome [:)]

EDIT:
Image They started going numb after about an hour of walking around taking pictures in the woods (was about 10 degrees). Also excuse the childish legs, that was from a few years ago. [:D]

Post December 2nd, 2010, 10:56 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

sounds like a typical lazy American word to me, i.e. just missing off letters to make the word shorter to suit the intelligence of its audience [lol]

sort of like "torch" is to "Flashlight" or "lift" is to "elevator"? Give me a break.

Post December 3rd, 2010, 12:44 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
It's been -15*c today.
And our heating broke last night, Yay....
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post December 3rd, 2010, 1:01 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points

The good side of snow is that it is pretty and can be a lot of fun, as decided in the majority of the above posts.

The bad side, however, is that there are quite a lot of people who are completely retarded and drive rear wheel drive cars without actually knowing how to correctly use them:

I was stuck behind these retards on the hill up to work yesterday for 5 minutes while they slid from side to side, not going forward at all. Eventually a large enough gap opened up between them that I was able to just drive straight between them and up the hill.

Some people are just full on stupid.
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post December 6th, 2010, 7:31 am

It is 15 degrees here(not Celsius). Supposed to get to almost 5 degrees tonight.
This is not my signature.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion