Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Cedar Point 5/22

Cedar Point 5/22

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post May 23rd, 2004, 8:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,539.00 Points
First off,I'm kinda new here and used to be on SFN. But for some reason I can't get on SFN and I would like to know if anyone has any information of that. I am The Beast on the SFN forums.
Anyway, for our school's class trip we went to Cedar Point. We got into the park about 10:10 and the park wasn't filled too bad. We went straight to Magnum and got a walkon. The air time was a bit rough as usual but it was a decent lap.
Next, we went to Gemini. This was my first time riding Gemini, and boy was I impressed. For being made in 78' it was incredibly smooth and didn't hurt one bit. Then we went to Mean Streak for another walk-on, onto the front seat! Very smooth also and isn't nearly as bad as its reputation.
We slowed down and walked over to Cedar Creek Mine Ride. I thought this was going to be a fun ride, but it was all to bumpy and it took about 5 minutes for our car to get the lap down, and stay there.Then we got some lunch,fries. Too crunchy and easily the worst food I had that day.
Our plan was to go to Raptor, but since we were so ahead of schedule we decided to check on Wicked Twister. It was broken down for undisclosed reasons. We crossed the midway to Raptor, which was looking to be a 2 hour wait. We were in line for a bit, but I decided to skip it for later and go ride Mantis. To our dismay Mantis was broken down (for the whole day).
So our plan didn't go as well as thought but we decided to just ride Millennium Force while in the area. The wait would have been just a hour and a half but it got stuck on the lift for about 20 minutes. Finally we rode it, and the wait was definately worth it, best ride of the day.
On the way back to Raptor, I got a pretzel which was very tasty. The wait for Raptor was a hour and a half, but a refreshing ride. I forgot how fierce it was, until riding it.Up to this moment Dragster was running perfect. In fact it didnt roll back once, but high winds shut it down from about 3 on. We sat outside Dragster to see if it would start up again for about 30 minutes.
My friend Ryan and I teamed up with some girls at our school and went to Wicked Twister and a hour wait. It had been running for awhile and was a fun ride. Not as scary as V2 at SFGAM, because of the vertical spike. Demon Drop was up next and was a decent ride.
At this point we were slowing down and rode Cedar Downs Racing. It may not be anything special but not a disappointment. We went over to Blue Streak for about a 5 minute wait. It seemed quicker than usual and was quite a treat. Right next to Blue Streak is Calypso and we decided to give it a try. The music they were playing was hilarious..."Ono...dos...tres,ono,dos,tres!" Rode the car ride right next to it afterwards.
We didn't have much time left, so we opted to ride Iron Dragon. It was maybe a 10 minute wait and a good lap.
Well, we left the park after Iron Dragon and that was about it. This was probably the best day I have had at Cedar Point, and could have been beter if we rode Dragster, but we didn't even plan to.
Note: When we left the park Demon Drop was stuck and had been for about 20 minutes. I guess I just wanted to mention that.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports