Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion What if this went boom?

What if this went boom?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post January 31st, 2011, 7:03 pm
Jer User avatar

Points on hand: 1,089.00 Points

Good thing i'm all the way on the other side of the U.S.!
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten
RIP Chiller: 1997-2008

Post January 31st, 2011, 7:21 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
California-The sunshine State-
Guys,you`ll be REALLY love up!

Post January 31st, 2011, 7:27 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by Live on earths ass

Thats bad enough!Put a love cork in the volcano!
And you`d loose Utah,so all the poor mormons.

The Volcano is miles wide.
American Eagle Lover

Post January 31st, 2011, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post January 31st, 2011, 7:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points

Post January 31st, 2011, 7:46 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post January 31st, 2011, 7:54 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points

Post January 31st, 2011, 9:00 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Originally posted by Live on earths ass

California-The sunshine State-
Guys,you`ll be REALLY love up!

Ummm...

Florida's the Sunshine State.

Post January 31st, 2011, 10:30 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
iz in so cali not dat efected but ash will be in teh air meking it hard teh breath
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post January 31st, 2011, 10:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,443.00 Points
the map isn't right, in reality the disaster/death zone wouldn't spread that far west but it would spread all the way east to the Mississippi river because of wind patterns.

Post February 1st, 2011, 1:33 am

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
Originally posted by Jcoasters

iz in so cali not dat efected but ash will be in teh air meking it hard teh breath

As I said, there will be global starvation. It doesn't matter where you are, unless it's a self-sustaining space colony, you will be in trouble if this goes off within your lifetime.
Originally posted by dcs221
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post February 1st, 2011, 1:52 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

One thing that was not mentioned in the video is something I think is very possible....mega quakes across the country and possibly global volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. An explosion like that could easily activate all fault systems, minor and major, IE San Andreas, which separates the pacific plate and american tectonic plates and has many smaller fault systems forking off of it that have only recently become active. Easter 2010 was a huge reminder of that.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post February 1st, 2011, 2:26 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
^you just reminded me of "The Big One" earthquake that is supposed to happen on the San Andreas sometime soon. It is supposed to be about a 9 - 9.5 on the Richter Scale. I watched a show on it in Science in 6th grade. It was really cool. i also saw one about if this Yellowstone volcano we are talking about gos off.

I personally think global warming is too over-hyped. Yeah, we are putting pallution in the air, but the main reason our earth is heating up is because the magnetic poles are switching sides. The poles are always moving, and now north is heading south, and south is heading north. the changing of the poles changes the weather and other factors in our environment. So, yeah.

And Omnigeek, lol i was joking. If this were to happen, with the Yellowstone thing, i would be probably killed by ash pollution.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post February 1st, 2011, 3:18 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
As far as the earthquake thing goes, that is just a scare mongering story fabricated for entertainment. Nobody knows poop about when that is going to occur, and they don't even have technology old enough to give you the intervals of time they're predicting. Bottom line is that it's a curved strike slip fault and those of you that have done work before know it's really goddamned hard to grind two things past each other with uneven curves and all of that good stuff. The USA has been dumping buckets of money into seismology for decades and it hasn't done diddley squat for prediction.

Same principle applies to Haiti. They will have another earthquake like that (it wasn't that strong honestly) and it looks like they're trying the "jesus will protect us" method again, and you've all seen how well that method worked via television.

I personally think global warming is too over-hyped.

Congrats. The data doesn't agree with your position. Perhaps that's because data doesn't have "faith" or any of that nonsense attached to it. poop rolls downhill. You have faith it will roll downhill, it just love does it. Why mouth breathing political pundits seem to think otherwise is beyond me.

Climate change is a very complex issue that was politicized by morons who have no understanding of how any of it works. I don't study weather, but love damn it I'm working under a damn good glaciologist.

When you break your leg, you go to a doctor (the "leg expert"). You don't turn on CNN to watch some political correspondent dipshits, decide doctors are making it up, and then go to the local 7-11 to get your leg checked out. You go to the expert, the doctor. Why not trust the glaciologists/meteorologists/everyone else who are the experts?

Additionally:
IT'S CALLED CLIMATE CHANGE

Not all areas of the earth are going to spontaneously warm. Weather doesn't work that way.

If climate change is not caused by a human influence we should still stop dumping so much CO2 into the air because it's dissolving into bodies of water and dicking with the pH. Eventually only jellyfish will be able to survive due to the acidity, so the "I don't think humans are doing it and we shouldn't give a rats ass" argument is completely love stupid and anyone that continues down that road has a hell of a pair of blinders on. Any idiot can demonstrate this by dumping some acidic crap into a coral reef aquarium, dipping the magical coloring changing pH stripes until they're raised a few notches, and then marvel at everything totally dying off.

**gets off soapbox**

Yeah, we are putting pallution in the air, but the main reason our earth is heating up is because the magnetic poles are switching sides. The poles are always moving, and now north is heading south, and south is heading north. the changing of the poles changes the weather and other factors in our environment.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

So, yeah.

love brilliant statement.

And Omnigeek, lol i was joking. If this were to happen, with the Yellowstone thing, i would be probably killed by ash pollution.

I honestly would like to know if you have a learning disability, was dropped as an infant, etc, because I won't bother anymore if any of those are the case. Seriously.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post February 1st, 2011, 4:36 am

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

As far as the earthquake thing goes, that is just a scare mongering story fabricated for entertainment. Nobody knows poop about when that is going to occur, and they don't even have technology old enough to give you the intervals of time they're predicting. Bottom line is that it's a curved strike slip fault and those of you that have done work before know it's really goddamned hard to grind two things past each other with uneven curves and all of that good stuff.

That is exactly what makes a mega quake possible, anyone who went to school in CA knows about that all too well. I spent half my school career learning all about plate tectonics and earth crust displacement. The stress of the two plates grinding together is what causes massive earthquakes. The Easter quake in the Imperial Valley last year was very deep in the earths crust and sent shockwaves as far north as the san francisco bay area(about 600 miles away). Not to mention that the San Andreas fault is what shaped the coachella valley, imperial valley, cajon pass, and the coastal range that includes big bear west to thousand oaks and all the way up to San Francisco.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post February 1st, 2011, 7:37 am

Points on hand: 735.00 Points
im just lucky pyroclastic flows wont get this far. most of the death toll will be the pyroclastic flows on the towns and cities close the park itself. which is why im glad i live on the east coast
Fly at the speed of fright

Post February 1st, 2011, 9:57 am

Points on hand: 1,101.00 Points
^they do actually say that places as far east as DC and Baltimore could have almost a foot of ash and crap on the ground
That sucks for me, because I live in WV [flush]
Plot Twist: I'm still alive

Post February 1st, 2011, 10:11 am

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
Originally posted by Casper

I like how all Americans think that America = The Earth , the news reporter certainly does

Way to be ignorant and generalize us all as thinking the US is overly important.

I didn't see the clip since I'm at work, but if a super volcano erupts it will be the end of man kind. Not just the US.

Post February 1st, 2011, 4:14 pm

Points on hand: 735.00 Points
Originally posted by KrazyKoasterKid

^they do actually say that places as far east as DC and Baltimore could have almost a foot of ash and crap on the ground
That sucks for me, because I live in WV [flush]

yeah i know that im talking, and it really doesnt take that much ash to collapse a roof, i think it only takes one centimeter of wet ash to to that
Fly at the speed of fright

Post February 1st, 2011, 4:17 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
WE SHOULD ALL MAKE FALLOUT SHELTERS!
This is not my signature.

Post February 1st, 2011, 4:19 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
You go ahead and do that.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post February 1st, 2011, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
Na, I rather waste my time doing something else.
This is not my signature.

Post February 1st, 2011, 4:45 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post February 1st, 2011, 7:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,275.00 Points
Will it affect florida? Forida Sunshine state? LOL. It rains a lot there and gets dan cold in winter. Imagine 20 degrees at disney world-Ive been thru it! And ash will make it colder and no orange juice for years!

Post February 1st, 2011, 8:15 pm

Originally posted by fusionxx

Will it affect florida? Forida Sunshine state? LOL. It rains a lot there and gets dan cold in winter. Imagine 20 degrees at disney world-Ive been thru it! And ash will make it colder and no orange juice for years!

Yes, of course it will affect Florida. Mickey Mouse does not have immunity from the rest of the country, Florida is still one of the 48 contiguous states...wait....why am I even taking the time to respond to such a ridiculous statament. [stoning]

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion