Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion What if this went boom?

What if this went boom?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post February 1st, 2011, 10:41 pm

Points on hand: 735.00 Points
Originally posted by spacemountainfan619

Originally posted by fusionxx

Will it affect florida? Forida Sunshine state? LOL. It rains a lot there and gets dan cold in winter. Imagine 20 degrees at disney world-Ive been thru it! And ash will make it colder and no orange juice for years!

Yes, of course it will affect Florida. Mickey Mouse does not have immunity from the rest of the country, Florida is still one of the 48 contiguous states...wait....why am I even taking the time to respond to such a ridiculous statament. [stoning]

[LOL]
Fly at the speed of fright

Post February 1st, 2011, 10:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points

Post February 1st, 2011, 11:53 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

As far as the earthquake thing goes, that is just a scare mongering story fabricated for entertainment. Nobody knows poop about when that is going to occur, and they don't even have technology old enough to give you the intervals of time they're predicting. Bottom line is that it's a curved strike slip fault and those of you that have done work before know it's really goddamned hard to grind two things past each other with uneven curves and all of that good stuff. The USA has been dumping buckets of money into seismology for decades and it hasn't done diddley squat for prediction.

Same principle applies to Haiti. They will have another earthquake like that (it wasn't that strong honestly) and it looks like they're trying the "jesus will protect us" method again, and you've all seen how well that method worked via television.

Originally posted by Jcoasters

I personally think global warming is too over-hyped.

Congrats. The data doesn't agree with your position. Perhaps that's because data doesn't have "faith" or any of that nonsense attached to it. poop rolls downhill. You have faith it will roll downhill, it just love does it. Why mouth breathing political pundits seem to think otherwise is beyond me.

Climate change is a very complex issue that was politicized by morons who have no understanding of how any of it works. I don't study weather, but love damn it I'm working under a damn good glaciologist.

When you break your leg, you go to a doctor (the "leg expert"). You don't turn on CNN to watch some political correspondent dipshits, decide doctors are making it up, and then go to the local 7-11 to get your leg checked out. You go to the expert, the doctor. Why not trust the glaciologists/meteorologists/everyone else who are the experts?

Additionally:
IT'S CALLED CLIMATE CHANGE

Not all areas of the earth are going to spontaneously warm. Weather doesn't work that way.

If climate change is not caused by a human influence we should still stop dumping so much CO2 into the air because it's dissolving into bodies of water and dicking with the pH. Eventually only jellyfish will be able to survive due to the acidity, so the "I don't think humans are doing it and we shouldn't give a rats ass" argument is completely love stupid and anyone that continues down that road has a hell of a pair of blinders on. Any idiot can demonstrate this by dumping some acidic crap into a coral reef aquarium, dipping the magical coloring changing pH stripes until they're raised a few notches, and then marvel at everything totally dying off.

**gets off soapbox**

Yeah, we are putting pallution in the air, but the main reason our earth is heating up is because the magnetic poles are switching sides. The poles are always moving, and now north is heading south, and south is heading north. the changing of the poles changes the weather and other factors in our environment.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

So, yeah.

love brilliant statement.

And Omnigeek, lol i was joking. If this were to happen, with the Yellowstone thing, i would be probably killed by ash pollution.

I honestly would like to know if you have a learning disability, was dropped as an infant, etc, because I won't bother anymore if any of those are the case. Seriously.

no, the switching of the magnetic poles does have a huge effect on the temperature of the atmosphere.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post February 1st, 2011, 11:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Weather patterns are directly related to oceanic currents. When the poles change, the currents change, therefore the weather changes.

Sorry, I was just relating my post to its context, since it is slightly off topic.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post February 2nd, 2011, 1:10 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by spacemountainfan619

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

As far as the earthquake thing goes, that is just a scare mongering story fabricated for entertainment. Nobody knows poop about when that is going to occur, and they don't even have technology old enough to give you the intervals of time they're predicting. Bottom line is that it's a curved strike slip fault and those of you that have done work before know it's really goddamned hard to grind two things past each other with uneven curves and all of that good stuff. The USA has been dumping buckets of money into seismology for decades and it hasn't done diddley squat for prediction.

Same principle applies to Haiti. They will have another earthquake like that (it wasn't that strong honestly) and it looks like they're trying the "jesus will protect us" method again, and you've all seen how well that method worked via television.

[quote]Originally posted by Jcoasters

I personally think global warming is too over-hyped.

Congrats. The data doesn't agree with your position. Perhaps that's because data doesn't have "faith" or any of that nonsense attached to it. poop rolls downhill. You have faith it will roll downhill, it just love does it. Why mouth breathing political pundits seem to think otherwise is beyond me.

Climate change is a very complex issue that was politicized by morons who have no understanding of how any of it works. I don't study weather, but love damn it I'm working under a damn good glaciologist.

When you break your leg, you go to a doctor (the "leg expert"). You don't turn on CNN to watch some political correspondent dipshits, decide doctors are making it up, and then go to the local 7-11 to get your leg checked out. You go to the expert, the doctor. Why not trust the glaciologists/meteorologists/everyone else who are the experts?

Additionally:
IT'S CALLED CLIMATE CHANGE

Not all areas of the earth are going to spontaneously warm. Weather doesn't work that way.

If climate change is not caused by a human influence we should still stop dumping so much CO2 into the air because it's dissolving into bodies of water and dicking with the pH. Eventually only jellyfish will be able to survive due to the acidity, so the "I don't think humans are doing it and we shouldn't give a rats ass" argument is completely love stupid and anyone that continues down that road has a hell of a pair of blinders on. Any idiot can demonstrate this by dumping some acidic crap into a coral reef aquarium, dipping the magical coloring changing pH stripes until they're raised a few notches, and then marvel at everything totally dying off.

**gets off soapbox**

Yeah, we are putting pallution in the air, but the main reason our earth is heating up is because the magnetic poles are switching sides. The poles are always moving, and now north is heading south, and south is heading north. the changing of the poles changes the weather and other factors in our environment.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

So, yeah.

love brilliant statement.

And Omnigeek, lol i was joking. If this were to happen, with the Yellowstone thing, i would be probably killed by ash pollution.

I honestly would like to know if you have a learning disability, was dropped as an infant, etc, because I won't bother anymore if any of those are the case. Seriously.

no, the switching of the magnetic poles does have a huge effect on the temperature of the atmosphere.

Weather patterns are directly related to oceanic currents. When the poles change, the currents change, therefore the weather changes.
[/quote]

ok
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post February 2nd, 2011, 2:23 am
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
^ I was about to comment on that as well but I'm late, the NO NO NO NO NO by CackCheezyKid er something is wrong.. (although he presented other fair points in regards to the issue at hand)

-- edit --

Please stop the huge quotes it's annoying peeps. You can surely remove 75%+ of the walls of text and EVERYONE WILL STILL FOLLOW as it is stuff that has already been said.

Post February 2nd, 2011, 2:30 am

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Well it wasn't necessary for spacemountainfan or Jcoasters the second time to quote at all.

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion