Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Facebook

Facebook

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post February 8th, 2011, 1:30 am
stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

So I have just submitted my deletion request right now. Facebook is dumb, it lacks privacy, causes drama and has no privacy, Anyone else agree?
Vasco XTR

Post February 8th, 2011, 1:32 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

You have controls to manage that aspect. Facebook since it first started was so that there was no privacy, so that everything was out in the open. I don't think it's dumb, if it was, it wouldn't be worth what it is worth and it would not attract the millions it has attracted and continues to attract.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post February 8th, 2011, 1:33 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
I really don't like Facebook all that much. I want to get rid of mine, but I have friends on there from different countries and stuff. I kept it, but I just never use it.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post February 8th, 2011, 1:38 am
stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

My biggest complaint is tagged photos. I hate how anyone can do it. I also hate status updates.
Vasco XTR

Post February 8th, 2011, 1:53 am

Points on hand: 935.00 Points
You can easily untag yourself and block people who make status updates from showing up on your feed.

Post February 8th, 2011, 2:03 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I use it primarily to watch people I didn't like in high school fail because a sports journalism degree wasn't practical.

So far it has been wildly successful in that regard.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post February 8th, 2011, 7:41 am

Points on hand: 735.00 Points

Post February 8th, 2011, 9:30 am

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
Originally posted by stevecoaster

So I have just submitted my deletion request right now. Facebook is dumb, it lacks privacy, causes drama and has no privacy, Anyone else agree?

I can see why someone wouldn't want a facebook, but I wouldn't say it's dumb. A lot of people my age(25) and older use it as a means to have contact with people they would otherwise lose touch with. Usually kids and/or dumbasses are the only people I know who exploit it, or use it as a tool to create drama.

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

I use it primarily to watch people I didn't like in high school fail because a sports journalism degree wasn't practical.

So far it has been wildly successful in that regard.

So just what do you do that makes you so successful in your own eyes compared to others? I have a feeling your self perception is a little warped. I think you probably get most of your self confidence through trolling the internet.

Post February 8th, 2011, 10:10 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
He observes rocks.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post February 8th, 2011, 10:45 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
Prozach, CK didn't say he was successful he just said he liked to watch other people fail. The other comment you made about people under 25 being the ones who like to cause drama and such is well out, I could post loadsa status's from people of all ages causing drama and exploiting it. The majority aren't 'dumbasses' just regualar people.
Being 25 though you must know the world well.

Post February 8th, 2011, 11:35 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Atleast Coasterkidmwm is getting his masters.

Also, FB rules. If you're too ugly to accept being tagged in photos then that's your own problem. Just untag and move on with your life.

Post February 8th, 2011, 12:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
I find Facebook boring yet strangely addicting. I seem to always have a tab open for it.

Post February 8th, 2011, 12:20 pm

Originally posted by GavG

Prozach, CK didn't say he was successful he just said he liked to watch other people fail. The other comment you made about people under 25 being the ones who like to cause drama and such is well out, I could post loadsa status's from people of all ages causing drama and exploiting it. The majority aren't 'dumbasses' just regualar people.

Hence the word 'usually'. At least that's 'usually' the case on my fb, since I only friend people who aren't 'kids or dumbasses'.

We're not talking about the world. We're talking about facebook. Remove your lips from C'kids zipper. Thanks.

Post February 8th, 2011, 12:26 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

It's more of a vengeance against annoying people type of thing more than I get pleasure from seeing others fail.

Besides most of the "failures" I see can just live with their parents until they die and then get a massive inheritance anyways.

Post February 8th, 2011, 1:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
Originally posted by Flickstah

I really don't like Facebook all that much. I want to get rid of mine, but I have friends on there from different countries and stuff. I kept it, but I just never use it.

That's exactly what I do. Last time I logged on, was...poop, I don't even know. It was cool for a week, after that...

And, with all the bullshit on there (TV Shows, etc., now have FB pages), hate it. Twitter's even worse for me. I refuse to get an account just because (please excuse my language), why the love would anyone want to know what I was doing right then. I've humored myself into possibly getting a Twit account and post "I'm picking my nose right now", or "I'm typing on this stupid site what I'm doing, that I'm doing".

Damn I ramble too much. Here's a [}:)] face.

Guess ProZach doesn't like CK's sarcastic humor too much.

Post February 8th, 2011, 1:12 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Your Facebook profile can be as private or as public as you want it to be, you have full control over what goes on. If someone tags you in a photo (which you don't like because it's not a very good photo of you... if stuff like this bothers you, you are gay), then you can quite easily remove the tag. You can also block that person from ever tagging you again if you wish.

Facebook is a very useful tool for keeping in touch with people and organising events with large groups of friends. I use it to organise a yearly gathering of my old school friends that otherwise would be a case of lots of "tell this person about this" and "ask that person about that" etc...

Also, it's very good for procrastination. At work I am able to complete my computer modelling and drawing work MUCH faster than the others can complete their sections, so I end up with a fair amount of dull spare time. Bejeweled Blitz is very good at filling this time [lol] and if anyone else who plays it would like to add me on facebook, that would be sweet, because I have no competition on it. Because I get to play it a lot at work, I have now become legendary at it and no one on my facebook can even score half of my top score [V]

Post February 8th, 2011, 1:35 pm

Originally posted by Onjin
Twitter's even worse for me. I refuse to get an account just because (please excuse my language), why the love would anyone want to know what I was doing right then.

Amen to that. What in the world makes people think that they are so important that people want to keep constant tabs on their lives? Sometimes pop culture makes me sick.

Post February 8th, 2011, 2:30 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
Originally posted by ProZach626

Hence the word 'usually'. At least that's 'usually' the case on my fb, since I only friend people who aren't 'kids or dumbasses'.

We're not talking about the world. We're talking about facebook. Remove your lips from C'kids zipper. Thanks.

Remove lips from C'kids zipper? I don't get why this would be the world or FB related and even why you would say that. maybe PM him and you may be sorted?

The word 'usaully' was noted hence why the word 'majority' was used. Everbody's FB friends are different and always will be. Life would be boring and predictable if everyone was the same and on that note I suppose abit of drama can be good. Maybe you need to see lifes ups and downs to understand, but again you are an old guy now and seen it all I would imagine.

Post February 8th, 2011, 2:50 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

I love how most of you people act like you wouldn't use it to watch others be stupid.

Nobody can say they've never opened someone's facebook profile page thing and then went "what a love a dunce" and then laughed at it.

Post February 8th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

Originally posted by gouldy

Also, it's very good for procrastination. At work I am able to complete my computer modelling and drawing work MUCH faster than the others can complete their sections, so I end up with a fair amount of dull spare time. Bejeweled Blitz is very good at filling this time [lol] and if anyone else who plays it would like to add me on facebook, that would be sweet, because I have no competition on it. Because I get to play it a lot at work, I have now become legendary at it and no one on my facebook can even score half of my top score [V]

you spend far far far to much time on bejewled. its a very good game i admit and im starting to play it more and more but i thought you might have had some sort of crack for it, i even searched for over 3 hours for one. fecking geek you are[:D]
Making screams come true

Post February 8th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I think facebook is a great tool for what its meant for: social networking. Sometimes I think it's gone too far, like when I see people liking pages with names like "check out what this girl did on facebook that got her expelled", but overall o think it's angreat invention for a limited scope of use.

Post February 8th, 2011, 3:23 pm

Remove lips from C'kids zipper? I don't get why this would be the world or FB related and even why you would say that. maybe PM him and you may be sorted?

The word 'usaully' was noted hence why the word 'majority' was used. Everbody's FB friends are different and always will be. Life would be boring and predictable if everyone was the same and on that note I suppose abit of drama can be good. Maybe you need to see lifes ups and downs to understand, but again you are an old guy now and seen it all I would imagine.

Thank you for the lecture on the sociological variation of personality and intelligence, professor. I never would have thought of that in a million years... or twenty-five.

I'm old enough to know that anyone can pick any thread apart. It's called context.

Post February 8th, 2011, 3:49 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by gazag

i thought you might have had some sort of crack for it, i even searched for over 3 hours for one. fecking geek you are[:D]

You thought I had a crack for it? [lol]

Have you not seen any of the videos I posted to my wall?

Post February 8th, 2011, 5:32 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm old enough to know that anyone can pick any thread apart. It's called context.

Sounds like you're balding Mr. Crankypants

Post February 8th, 2011, 5:46 pm

Meh... not yet, but I'm sure I will be someday. My mother's father is completely bald. :\

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion