Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Interesting Movie About The Universe

Interesting Movie About The Universe

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 5th, 2011, 2:24 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I though this was amazing.

[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post March 5th, 2011, 2:47 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Jesus did it. love R Process.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 5th, 2011, 2:55 am
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
They showed this in an Astronomy class I took to fill out my credits last semester. Really interesting stuff once you start to get outside the Milky Way. If you liked that check this out:

http://primaxstudio.com/stuff/scale_of_universe/

Post March 5th, 2011, 5:38 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Thank you for that post. This further proves my theory that there is no way that our planet contains the only intelligent life forms in the universe. Whether or not they are green and have antennae on their head and want to take over our planet, I don't know. What I do know is everyone has seem things in the sky at night that cannot be explained, for all I know all they want to know is the same thing we want to know: Are we alone?
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post March 5th, 2011, 6:03 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

wasn't there a topic on this already? i remember seeing this vid on this site before
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post March 5th, 2011, 1:31 pm

I don't know

Post March 5th, 2011, 2:02 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
Originally posted by spacemountainfan619

Thank you for that post. This further proves my theory that there is no way that our planet contains the only intelligent life forms in the universe. Whether or not they are green and have antennae on their head and want to take over our planet, I don't know. What I do know is everyone has seem things in the sky at night that cannot be explained, for all I know all they want to know is the same thing we want to know: Are we alone?

This in no way proves that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. It doesn't even prove that unintelligent life exists. However, the massive amounts of solar systems does increase the probability of finding life assuming that there are enough habitable zones.

Post March 5th, 2011, 2:08 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
This is not real. The Universe does not exist.
This is not my signature.

Post March 5th, 2011, 2:25 pm
thrillsentertainment Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,028.00 Points
I watch How the Universe Works and Wonders of the Universe on Science channel.... they are fascinating.

Post March 5th, 2011, 2:25 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

You are awful at trolling.

Post March 5th, 2011, 3:47 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post March 5th, 2011, 6:41 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I felt like being a math nerd this afternoon, so I did some calculation to put things in perspective...

The average life expectancy of a person in a developed country is 75 years. If present estimates are correct, the universe has "lived" for 14 billion years. If time was sped up so that the universe only existed as long as we did, do you know how long the average person would live? Your entire life, from birth all the way to death, would all be over in 12.68 seconds. That is how long a person lives relative to the life span of the universe.

Kind of makes me really consider that Biblical verse that says "What is your life? You are a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes."
(Not looking to start a religious debate here, just thought that the quote was appropriate.)

Post March 5th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Math fail. Way to be off by a factor of 1000. You'd last .01268 seconds. [:)]

Post March 5th, 2011, 11:55 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
He meant to say "billion years" rather than "trillion years" I think. And clearly life is not vapor. I am alive, I have been for the longest timespan ever experienced by me, and I am loving almost every minute of it. Please, do not try and make me feel worthless only to offer what you view as some form of magic cure.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post March 6th, 2011, 12:19 am

Ah...yeah, that would make sense lol....even so, 12.68 seconds seems like a long life in the scheme of things.

Post March 6th, 2011, 12:29 am
cjd

^Oops. I did mean billion. (fixed.)

And again, I was NOT trying to start a religious debate. That video really made me personally feel insignificant, and I felt like the Biblical verse best summed up what I was feeling at the moment.

Post March 6th, 2011, 12:47 am

Points on hand: 804.00 Points
its so big but the good LORD holds it in the palm of his hand, looking over it watching out for all His creatures

Post March 6th, 2011, 12:50 am

I know you're new and all, but I highly, HIGHLY recommend not mentioning anything religion-related in any thread here on CC. You will get owned by the scores of atheists and agnostics on this site. Including some very vocal and obnoxious ones who think they're better than everyone else because they "understand the universe". Disclaimer: I'm a pretty adamant atheist myself.

Post March 6th, 2011, 12:51 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Fun fact; every second a star goes out. This has been happenig for billions of years. Quite an efficient system your god has going There!
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post March 6th, 2011, 12:16 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by cjd

The average life expectancy of a person in a developed country is 75 years.

Really? you Christians have been doing your damnedest to lower it lately with all of the abortion based bills that would kill women and encouraging teen suicide (only if they're gay teens though cause love queers and their choice you've all decided they make based on absolutely no information at all right?).
Originally posted by cjd
(Not looking to start a religious debate here, just thought that the quote was appropriate.)

Yeah you don't want to start a debate but since you're better than everyone else we still have to read your agenda.

Well yes we all know that since you're Christian you're better than everyone else and can inject your thoughts into other mediums, but if other people inject their thoughts into your medium you're "being oppressed". I just thought it was appropriate to mention the following:

Remember, ruining the lives of people that discovered the earth is not flat (as claimed in the Bible) and discovered that bacteria and viruses cause diseases (bible says otherwise) is not oppression. If christians did it, just sweep the crimes under the rug!

Post March 6th, 2011, 3:01 pm
cjd

^My agenda? What? The verse I posted had nothing at all to do with doctrine, nor was it intended as such.

Post March 6th, 2011, 3:05 pm

Here we go again....

Post March 6th, 2011, 3:28 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points

Post March 6th, 2011, 3:40 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
This is really pathetic. I can't count how many times you people have desired not to turn a legitimate topic into a religion debate, but it always happens as soon as the seed is planted. The reason you can't refrain from it is because one of you always has to have the last word, and you can't let go of your egos due to the fact that you have to compensate for your real-life penises somehow.

...Or prove me wrong.

Return to Off Topic Discussion