Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Silent Shout Project [NL] B&M Floorless

Silent Shout Project [NL] B&M Floorless

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post April 30th, 2011, 4:12 pm

Points on hand: 4,918.00 Points
I've suffered abit of designers block lately =/. But over the past few months I've been drawn to doing floorless coaster layouts. It's alot harder than I thought to get it balanced, but yeah the past week or so I built this, and although I'm still constantly tweeking it, it's starting to make something I like. So Here's just a couple of pictures.

Just remember I've not even done a full layout yet! So EVERYTHING is subject to change completely. I don't really have a theme in mind yet but I'm hoping something will come together eventually. Suggestion are very welcome.
Last edited by bob_3_ on May 18th, 2011, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 30th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
Stupid web protection can't see the pictures. [:(] Would you mind uploading the pics without going through a image hosting site?

Post April 30th, 2011, 4:30 pm

Post April 30th, 2011, 4:33 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
The pre drop section looks... off
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post April 30th, 2011, 4:41 pm

^^That looks awesome! I love the turn over the cliif! The pre - drop does look off. It seems to level out to fast. And the dive loop or immelman looks to tight at the top. I really like the turn in the first picture a lot too. Looks nice![peakhill]

Post April 30th, 2011, 7:38 pm

Points on hand: 542.00 Points
There are some nice elements shaping in this.
Tooled or HandBuilt?

Does the first drop go straight into the close turn(Picture 2)?
Progressive Rock Band "Castles"
http://castlesnj.bandcamp.com/

Post April 30th, 2011, 7:47 pm

^His recent rides have been tooled so I would assume so.

Post April 30th, 2011, 8:34 pm

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points

Post April 30th, 2011, 8:43 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
handbuilt and ahg'ed
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post May 4th, 2011, 10:03 am

^It's Newton2-ed, I kinda miss handbuilding though, maybe I'll try a side project. So I sat down and finished off a layout. I'm really happy with it, It may a little tweaking.

The second half of the ride twists and turns over and around each other. The shaping of the flatspin look's abit off here, but trust me, it rides right. All flatspins are kind of different as well, after spending weeks watching videos and studying pictures I'm really happy with the result. Flatspins, along with wingovers, are one the hardest elements to get imo!

The terrain is very rough atm, just to accommodate the ride. I don't want it to feel like the terrain interacts with the ride, rather than the ride interacting with the terrain! So I'm going to have a play with that soon.

Hopefully, this ride with include scenery, I'm getting my head round it all now. I'm not giving anything away in terms of theme just yet. So watch this space.

Post May 4th, 2011, 10:10 am

Points on hand: 143.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
That is most beautiful. I also like the colors, they look soothing.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Post May 4th, 2011, 10:12 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
This is looking like a very interesting ride! You should definitely finish this!
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post May 4th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Don't mean to be a nuisance but could you post a link like you did before please?

Post May 4th, 2011, 8:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,593.00 Points
I love that picture. This coaster is going to look really good with supports. BTW what color are the supports going to be?

Post May 5th, 2011, 3:25 pm

^ I'm not sure yet, the colour of the track may not even stay as I haven't figured out how to present it yet. I just get bored of it being plain white.

And C_Dude, here's the link. ;) Sorry for using image shack, but I find other hosting sites bring down the picture qualiy =(.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/ ... 511007.jpg

Post May 5th, 2011, 5:24 pm

^Wow thats incredible! I love the twist on the interlocking corks! Looks really great man!

Post May 11th, 2011, 2:25 pm

Ok firssstly, ignore the aethetics atm. I just did the colour and some foliage to stop working on it looking so boring haha. I've been tweaking trackwork and getting timing right. The terrain shape is coming together though and I have the outline for the ride area and plaza which I'd like to do, but for the time being here is a gimps at the layout and the Kraken style finale.

And here's a link for you C_Dude ;). http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/ ... 328000.jpg

Post May 11th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Originally posted by bob_3_

That looks delightful. I like how the 0G roll flattens out before pulling up into that immel (by flatten I mean the rotation is not constant over the whole element). I'm also a fan of that first corkscrew section. It flows nicely while still maintaining the B&M feel. At least that's what it seems like.

I'm excited for this ride! The color of the track is very nice, but I feel the rails could use maybe a grey, or a slightly lighter blue tint to raise aesthetics? That's my own opinion, but the way it is right now is seems a bit bland.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post May 11th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Thanks bob_3_!
WOW! I really like the way that picture looks! You are very artsy when it comes to your pics! I also love how you kept the B&M traditional elements and the slower but exciting pacing and then packed a real punch at the end! Very good!

EDIT: also, foliage looks incredible! You have always had a talent for that. And after this thread and seeing many of your other rides, I really think B&M is your strong point. You really bring out the best of B&M in your rides.

Post May 11th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I still don't like the pre drop. It might looks bad from the angle though. Can you post a better picture?
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post May 12th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Been playing with L Bosch's track connectors.

This will make supporting quite an epic ordeal. Ah well =).

And JCoasters here's a closer screen of the predrop. I think it looks ok, it certainly behaves like a real B&M predrop. If it is off though =( I'm not sure I can change it without destroying the rest of the ride.

Post May 12th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,464.00 Points
You used the wrong connector for you loop IMO... That one is for inverted "U" or "A" support shapes, like on B&M Inverts. Isn't there a flat connecteur, I mean, like the one we can see in the bottom of your picture?
Otherwise, I like a little bit more this colour scheme.

Post May 12th, 2011, 2:33 pm

Nah I'm sure they use those connectors on the loops.

I'm afraid I'm not keeping the colour scheme, it was just to allow the track connectors to blend in to see what it'll look like once I've picked a colour. I didn't want to be changing the connector colours untill I've decided on the entire scheme. So I'm just leaving it as this for a which as a neutral setting.

Post May 12th, 2011, 2:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Prelift looks fine...Kraken and Medusa are sooo weird up there so I think you're good.

Post May 12th, 2011, 3:14 pm

I think some people may have a problem with a small thing in the pre-drop. There's a sudden banking change as it enters the corner, and although it looks a little awkward in the front seat, it rides fine. But it whips into it abit on the back row.

I did it this way it is after looking at Wildfire, Medusa (west) and Kraken ALOT. But I can see a few people finding it abit strange on NL. Riding it now I'm not sure I executed it as well as the real rides but it doesn't detract from the whole experience, as it's before the drop. Ah well, I like it anyway, that's all that matters..right...? I've always been a fan of quirky moments of B&M shaping although that's what got me down-rated on The Red Dragon.

I initially had a curved drop on this ride. I spent a good few weeks perfecting it. But they're so visually boring on NL!

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area