Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Grand Prix Series (GP Round 2 Now Released!)

Grand Prix Series (GP Round 2 Now Released!)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post May 9th, 2011, 3:07 am

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Might have to enable the show compatibility files function or whatever. Google it. And learn how to use the operating system in your own darned computer lol.

Post May 9th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Seems like disabling UAC, hides all of my tracks, objects and environments somewhere else on my computer. Why is this?

Post May 9th, 2011, 6:26 pm

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
lol It did that for me. I had to turn it back on by logging into my admin user and re-enabling it. I think you have to cut and paste ALL Compatibility Files across your entire system before you disable UAC. That way, you can access them.

Post May 9th, 2011, 6:49 pm

And the 3ds still don't show up eve after extracting with the uac off.

Post May 10th, 2011, 5:19 pm

I never had any issues with compatibility files, I never even heard of that until people posted about problems with it. I probably never encountered the issue since I disabled UAC from day 1.

I also asked about a dozen times whether or not you set Winrar to run as admin (and posted on the last page how to do that; find winrar.exe, right click to properties, and set it to always run as admin) and you never answered that. I also asked if you tried using Windows' built-in .zip extractor instead. Right click any zip file to properties and set it to open with Compressed Folders (for XP) or Windows Explorer. (for 7)

Post May 10th, 2011, 5:25 pm

I ran the winrar.exe as admin and the objects still didn't show up. I will have to try the last option, the zip extractor.

Okay, now it seems like there is no "open with" option, just a "share with" and a "open" option.

Image Insert:
668.48 KB

Post May 10th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Well no poop, you selected the folder instead of the .zip file.

However, extraction appears to be working fine; you get a 12.4mb folder from there. In other words, you shouldn't need to worry about extraction anymore as the folder appeared to be extracted properly. Now just move/copy the folders into place; tracks, objects, and environments. (Into your NL install directory.) Unchecking the Read-only box probably won't do anything, but it's worth a try, so uncheck it before copying/moving the folders over.

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area