Board index Roller Coaster Games Track Advertising Metronome - Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

Metronome - Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

Advertise your ride here to get it ridden and rated!

Post May 29th, 2011, 7:47 pm

Points on hand: 704.00 Points

Metronome is a Intamin LSM Launch Coaster with a unique first element, three high speed direction changes and intense flat turns. At the end there are two airtime hills and a overbanked curve into the final brake run.
My personal references for this ride were iSpeed in Mirabilandia, Cheetah Hunt in Bush Gardens Tampa and Intimidator 305 located in Kings Dominion.The supports do have some minor differences from the box supports Intamin build, but I tried to be as near to the original ones as I can get them. The track was made using Entropy's newton2. For my object work I used Autodesk 3ds Max 2011.

Physical Dimensions

• Track length: 1,042m | 3,418ft

• Maximum height: 25.5m | 84ft

• Launch speed: 115km/h | 71mph

• Ride duration (launch to brakerun): 40s

• Ride duration (station to station): 80s

• Maximum G-force vertical: 4,4g

• Minimum G-force vertical: -1,2g

I hope you like this coaster. After I spend over 5 months on this, downloads, comments and ratings are always welcome! They help me a lot to get better.

Download & Rate here:
http://coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/18105

Post May 29th, 2011, 8:38 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
Dude this ride is amazing, but there's something either wrong with the package or the terrain. Check out the photo below and it'll be quite obvious.

There's just a big white square which covers about half the layout and the portion shown in the picture. I made sure I was in the right environment twice and I even re-downloaded and installed the trackpackage and I'm still seeing it. I'm not sure how you did the terrain texturing, but is it possible a file may be missing somewhere? I pm'ed you a pic of the whole problem area as I didn't wanna possibly spoil the layout if you kept it secretive or something, but you might wanna take a look at it asap.

Post May 29th, 2011, 8:49 pm

Points on hand: 143.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
^ I didn't have any problems with it.

A brilliant ride, it manages to be short enough to sustain good speed but is long enough to be satisfying.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Post May 29th, 2011, 8:51 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
^Not sure then to be honest, I guess my computer just decided to get selective and only load portions of the terra-texture. A new glitch to me, but if no one else has problems, I guess so.

Post May 29th, 2011, 9:59 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post May 30th, 2011, 2:21 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
The problem I'm having is with that same 3d object (if you look in the editor, the ground under the layout is a 3ds), but it's a totally different problem. When that object is in the ride, I get an average of 8-9 fps, but when I delete it, I average 100. Are those polys double-sided or something? Or is the texture super-high-res?

Post May 30th, 2011, 6:52 am

It's the texture. Ride it without the ground object for better fps, with it for a better look.

Post May 30th, 2011, 3:22 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
How weird, with out the ground 3D i ride at 100fps the whole way. With it, i get 10 fps MAX. My iMac is powerful so i don't know wtf is going on with that ground 3D??

Post May 30th, 2011, 5:35 pm
thrillsentertainment Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,028.00 Points
Rode smooth around 90fps with the ground texture for me. Fantastic ride. Loved the supports. ;)

Post June 2nd, 2011, 2:57 pm

Points on hand: 903.00 Points
On this computer I get an average of 7-8fps on everything anyway. That includes rides that have no custom textures and/or 3ds objects. I'll give it a try, and will only rate it if the fps is smooth enough to get a good view of what's going on.
Peace in, War out.

Post June 3rd, 2011, 9:38 am

Hey, don't complain about your fps guys, I have created this ride mostly with a maximum of 5 fps after the objects came in...

I need a new laptop soon. :|

Post June 3rd, 2011, 2:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Woah. How were you able to keep your sanity through the supports then?!

Post June 3rd, 2011, 5:56 pm

I don't need much fps to check the supports. Anyway, it gets better when I don't look a the station building and the switchtrack.

Hey, after 300 downloads some more rates would be very nice so I can improve my skills (mainly the trackwork) a bit. Thanks for the comments so far!

Return to Track Advertising