Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Silent Shout Project [NL] B&M Floorless

Silent Shout Project [NL] B&M Floorless

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post May 12th, 2011, 4:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
If you get rated down for details like that, then you're doing things right. I fully expect to get slammed for shaping that's completely within the given company style on two future rides I'm working on. People don't know and don't take the time to learn, and as a result people like you and I lose out. There's nothing we can really do other than explain our intentions/reasoning like you just did. Just be prepared! lol

Post May 12th, 2011, 5:07 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Not sure what people are seeing in terms of the pre-drop; it looks EXACTLY like the pre-drop on Dragon Khan and the other rides previously mentioned.

http://www.rcdb.com/760.htm?p=6297

I think, at least wait until you see how it rides before you judge it too harshly.

Post May 12th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points

Post May 18th, 2011, 11:15 am

Points on hand: 4,918.00 Points
I'll be honest, I don't like purple. It's probably my least favourite colour and I really dislike the Bizarro repaint on Medusa. BUT I do like a challenge, and seeing my inspiriation for this ride comes from an album which has a blue/purple cover. I tried this combination expecting it to look ghastly. But if I'm honest, I REALLY like it! Haha, maybe my tastes are changing. You may think "Batman Dark Knight rip off" and all I'm saying to that is "yeah, maybe a little".

Anyway been playing with sketch up for the first time, am quite impressed how easy it is to create something. And although this object here is textureless it did have a texture before, so I'm not ure what happened there. It's also just me seeing how to transfer objects into NL and understanding how to get the right shapes in Sketch Up, so you can pretty much ignore it for now. Although that is where the pathway will be I think..

Also, added a couple more supports and footers which are in the background there.

And C_Dude, I've uploaded all the photos from this project onto an album. I'll try keep it up to date. It's a shame it makes the images so much smaller. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v211/ ... 20Project/

Post May 18th, 2011, 11:49 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
I am not sure if you have just overlooked the simpleness of putting the texture in your NL objects folder?

Post May 18th, 2011, 11:55 am

I'll figure it out don't worry. I think I must've changed a setting as the texture is in the right folder. And it actually worked before!

Post May 18th, 2011, 12:06 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
I don't use Sketch up so can offer no more help. Shame it wasn't the obvious for you, would of been a quick fix.

Post May 22nd, 2011, 9:36 am

A couple more pictures of the zero-g roll! I've got into the swing of path-making on sketch up so I'm just getting the shape to fit round the ride atm.

Not advanced enough yet to create any of my theming ideas and station though =(. Also you may notice although B&M tend to shape their immelmans and dive loops similarly on the same ride, my immelman is based alot more on Krake's. I'm not sure if this with effect my score, but it's nice to have a little diversity I think.

Post May 22nd, 2011, 11:40 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Hint: don't use any of SketchUp's default textures. They're bad lol. There are plenty of good ones online and good textures make all the difference, especially when you can't really do too many polygons.

Post May 22nd, 2011, 12:16 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Bit curvy with the pavement, square it off here and there, more heaxagonal because peoples computers can't process it.

Post May 22nd, 2011, 3:34 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, I am new to all this haha. CrazyCoaster is good with textures I'll ask him for abit of help.

Also yeah I've squared alot of corners off now! Hopefully that'll be better.

Yeah again, thanks for the advice. Gotta try more adventurous things now.

Post May 22nd, 2011, 5:41 pm
Jer User avatar

Points on hand: 1,089.00 Points

This ride wouldn't happen to be themed to THe Knife? it' called Silent Shout, and is blue, kinda reminds me of that album. I could of course be....over thinking it.
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten
RIP Chiller: 1997-2008

Post May 22nd, 2011, 5:54 pm

^ lol, bang on.

The songs about being stuck in a nightmare. Kinda where I wanna go with it.

Every one of my rides has an album behind it actually..

Post May 23rd, 2011, 5:38 pm

I think this is abit better, got a better texture and squared off corners. Think it's time to start making more interesting things...

In this picture though, you can see the hammerhead up the cliff supported and the fly-over above the path into the zero-g roll. This areas really for the non-riders and bag-ladies to get a good look at the ride and look out for their mates.

Post May 23rd, 2011, 7:44 pm

Points on hand: 935.00 Points
I love love love the colors. Overall its looking pretty darn sharp.

Post June 6th, 2011, 1:57 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points

Post June 9th, 2011, 4:49 pm

^ Yeah man! Sorry for the slow progress. I've just been moving round, and actually start working full time as a ride operator at Alton Towers ( pay a visit haha).

But yeah I've jut settled down so I thought I'd share this photo. The thing I'm most proud of about this layout is how great the skyline looks.

Also, I've changed the pathway abit (ignore the texturing, I'm still playing with that) after you enter the queue, you'll be taken down a pathway where the tracks flys over and around you, with a eye level view of the last inversion before it plummets below you. It works alot better than the initial design (going under the dive loop).

Post July 9th, 2011, 5:44 pm

After numerous re-thinks. Plan changes, trouble with sketch up and alot of neglect the ride has been completely rehauled. With my good friend CrazyCoaster (who also did the scenery for The Red Dragon) now helping me out, the original vision I had for the ride is now taking shape!

All the supports and terrain have been completely built up back from scratch but it's turned out how I want, maybe abit better. I have alot to do still, but with CC taking the wheel with the 3ds work, everything is running full steam ahead. There are a few concepts I hope to add to the ride, for example, on-ride audio similar to Bizzaro. I won't give too much away with the theme, but here's a little teaser.

Post August 4th, 2011, 5:33 pm

"Don't worry though, everything is back up to full steam." ok that turned out to be abit of a lie.

Due to extended work hours and Andre going away on holiday and also my computer actually completely dying (don't worry it's quite old and only turned out to be an overheating issue which is fixed now) it's been hard to get stuff done. I have a screen here, but it may not look like alot's changed. This is mainly because I've had to redo every single support but I'm getting close to how it used to be. Also, terrains coming together nicely. Work has been done on the station but I've not actually seen this yet, so I'll keep you updated once that comes to place. I'm looking forward to getting the paths back.

And a view from the station.

This is abit outdated though, more supports have been done now.

Post August 4th, 2011, 8:27 pm

Points on hand: 143.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
I love that new terrain texture.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Post August 4th, 2011, 8:34 pm

Points on hand: 400.00 Points
What is the black thing in the station thats just like floating there?

Post August 5th, 2011, 4:39 am

^ oh thats merly a marker. It wont be there when its released. It helps when sending the track and forth to keep the scenery in the right place. I accidently left a marker on The Red Dragon, theres a small white cube in the tunnel haha, I'll remember to take this one out though.

Post August 5th, 2011, 8:41 am
craigster001 User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 351.50 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post August 5th, 2011, 8:48 am

Points on hand: 1,101.00 Points
Originally posted by craigster001

on ride audio? how will you do that?

Where did he ever mention that?
Oh wow. If you pull that off, bob, this whole ride would definately deserve a spot on the Cool Designs page.
Plot Twist: I'm still alive

Post August 5th, 2011, 2:56 pm

If I do do audio (still looking into ideas) it would have to be a case of playing it to sync with the ride. I know not everyone has an ability or effort to time starting the audio with the ride, but I'd be making a video with it in and include the audio with the ride when it's released.

BUT even without it I think this ride can stand alone, I'm really happy with the way things are finally going now, but having the ability to add audio will really add to the atmosphere of the theme imo. It won't be as in-your-face as bizzaro, it'll be more of an mood setter, to make you a little more unsettled.

A few issues like, making it work with the ride booming round the track I'll have to look into, but yeah.

I might as well explain the theme now. It's about being trapped in a nightmare, so am working with Andre to make the scenery seem familiar, but..different. That kinda feeling you get in a dream, as I said, I feel the audio will help.

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area