Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions SFGAdv

SFGAdv

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 11th, 2011, 12:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
Hey all, I'll probably be heading out to NJ on Thursday and I haven't been there for years, so I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions based on recent experience/success. I'm figuring Kingda Ka and Green Latern should be first followed by El Toro. Any tips? Thanks!

Post June 11th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Points on hand: 120.00 Points
Well being only about 10 min from the park, im probably your person to go to ahaha.

Although i havent been there since media day for green lantern, by recent reports ive been hearing that some rides have not been opening until a while after the park opens. But i would deffently suggest going to GL first(and wait it out if it is not open with the park because the line will just build) as every time i look at the webcam the line is full, then head to ka, then ET as you said. Then might as well hit medusa[bizarro] while your over there, then hit runaway train if youd like, then take the skyride over and do the rides over there in whichever order you want. Nitro with 3 trains eats the lines, so no matter how long the line it goes fast.

Post June 11th, 2011, 3:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
when I went there 2 weeks ago I went towards nitro and batman first since everyone else went to green lantern, ka was only only open about an hour the whole day, and I went on green lantern around 4:00 because it was only a 45 minute wait when at 11:00 it was a 2 hour wait. It was the first time I was ever there so I can't really give you any input past that.
What are these for?

Post June 11th, 2011, 8:54 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Originally posted by dmillz

Hey all, I'll probably be heading out to NJ on Thursday and I haven't been there for years, so I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions based on recent experience/success. I'm figuring Kingda Ka and Green Latern should be first followed by El Toro. Any tips? Thanks!

I'll be there on Thursday to. I think that since the weather is supposed to be ugly it might be a really nice time to go.

As for some tips, Ka seems to never have a wait when I personally get to it. Maybe thats just me being lucky but w/e. I like Nitro for a first ride though.

Post June 11th, 2011, 9:13 pm

As for what tetsu is saying, if the weather is supposed to be bad, that affects the crowds/lines greatly. but also it is during the week so i dont think itll be bad as a weekend. Plus no one from jackson will be there since were graduating on thursday ahaha

Post June 11th, 2011, 10:29 pm

Alrighty hopefully this will work out. I'd like to go a second day if I can if I can't get on everything...so no huge pressure haha.

Post June 15th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Excuse the double post, but what are your opinions on Superman...should I do that right after GL while I'm there or return to it later?

Post June 16th, 2011, 7:59 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
I like Superman, but I dont think its worth a really long wait.

Post June 16th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Id skip it. Sometimes at the end of the day there is virtually no line at al

Post June 16th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Hit it pretty well...was on first GL train...first Superman train...2nd Toro train and rerode...and did everything else in the park coaster wise and everything worth re-riding at least a few times and was done by 3pm and beat most of the traffic home...I'll call it a good day...although Ka was closed again for maintenance but what else is new?

Return to General Theme Park Discussions