Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Blind Sight - Inverted FTF

Blind Sight - Inverted FTF

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post July 8th, 2011, 5:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,123.00 Points
This is intended to be an experimental ride. I designed it under my own style, rather than the Vekoma SLC style and isn't to be associated with Vekoma at all, but at the same time, it's a feasible ride and shouldn't have any problems if were real, so I consider it realistic. It's an original ride with some elements not normally seen on inverts but all appear to be comfortable.

Just started supports, here's a glimpse.
Image Insert:
75.58 KB
Last edited by strata force on July 8th, 2011, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 8th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Call it a Chinese knockoff coaster (like Hand Coaster or whatever the hell it is in China that barely makes it around the course and it rather um, special) and you're golden as far as realism goes.

The only real glaring problem that may or may not be an issue is the top of the drop radius. With the face to face cars the potential for what I'll call "leg interaction" is much higher than your standard invert.

Make sure you don't do anything too fast or ridiculous because those facing backwards may be REALLY unhappy with rapid fire transitions they can't see. Supports look excellent so far.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 8th, 2011, 6:53 pm

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Call it a Chinese knockoff coaster (like Hand Coaster or whatever the hell it is in China that barely makes it around the course and it rather um, special) and you're golden as far as realism goes.

Goofy support design for pre-lift in an effort to be Chinese about it.
Image Insert:
154.83 KB

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

The only real glaring problem that may or may not be an issue is the top of the drop radius. With the face to face cars the potential for what I'll call "leg interaction" is much higher than your standard invert.

That was a big concern of mine while designing it. In reality, I'd have the car spaced further and the area between seats on each car minimized so there wouldn't be problems. But this is as tight as the radius ever gets in an apex (only 3 instances of an apex).
Image Insert:
388.44 KB

Thanks about the supports, here's the lift/drop finished:
Image Insert:
146.71 KB

And the bottom with a peek at the loop and dive turn:
Image Insert:
124.43 KB

Post July 9th, 2011, 2:03 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Looks like a weird, but cool, ride. Excited to ride it on the exchange!

Post July 9th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Thanks, here's some more progress:

This is the first inversion, a swooping loop. I got carried away, I know, I don't plan on leaving this support like this. I might use that on a level part of the ride, though.
Image Insert:
141.05 KB

Here's the cool part of the dive turn. 0 g's floating sideways while facing backwards.
Image Insert:
133.37 KB

This is actually coming out of the MCBR. Its a gentle roll in all seats and falls into a turn, so thus I call it a falling roll.
Image Insert:
233.41 KB

Here's another angle of the swooping loop and the dive loop.
Image Insert:
135.25 KB

Few more elements to yet be revealed, so stay tuned.

Post July 10th, 2011, 2:08 am

Points on hand: 542.00 Points
I'm not sure how I feel about that "Falling Roll". It looks way too quick and full of uncomfortable G's. The rest looks pretty cool though.
Progressive Rock Band "Castles"
http://castlesnj.bandcamp.com/

Post July 10th, 2011, 3:48 am

Image Insert:
152.83 KB

Image Insert:
158.64 KB

Image Insert:
180.99 KB

That's back row, backwards. Admittedly, at the top/beginning of the roll is a bit of a lat spike, 1.3gs at 25% speed I noticed, but I tried to smoothen the entry out as much as I could, so it still rides as nicely as the numbers in those screen shots show.

----
Update: Finished supports. Here's the rest plus everything supported:

My favorite element on the ride, the Hangover.
Image Insert:
258.75 KB

Flat spin at the end:
Image Insert:
442.93 KB

Image Insert:
303.13 KB

overbankish:
Image Insert:
323.52 KB

Wall Ride:
Image Insert: