Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster G-Forces

G-Forces

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post July 19th, 2011, 12:19 am
Dyl User avatar

Points on hand: 463.00 Points
Okay. So for the longest time I have always been worried about what g-forces my coasters pulled. I feel like there is some confusion when it comes to g-forces, so I'm posting this discussion to get peoples opinions on g-forces. When designing a roller coaster using No Limits, I always aim to keep my g-forces in the green, even if they are borderline yellow. What do you guys think are okay g-forces for coasters to pull. Do airtime hills constitute making higher g's? Does the type of coaster require high or low g's? Do inversions fit into a certain range of g's? What are the best g's to pull when designing?
This space not for sale.

Post July 19th, 2011, 1:02 am

Points on hand: 400.00 Points
Each coaster usually pulls different g's. Like a woodies pull more lats than a B&M. Inversions do fit in a range of g's. I would say to keep it below 5g's on verticals and less than 1 on laterals. If you do pull strong g's make sure they aren't substained for a long time or they can really hurt the rider.

Post July 19th, 2011, 7:44 pm

Points on hand: 542.00 Points
I would say -These are all how I design and prefer-
Vertical: (+)4.5, (-)1.0
Acceleration: (+)2.0, (-)1.0
Lateral: (+/-)0.5

For inversions, I like to play it safe and have about, if not above, (+)1 vertical G's to ensure the coaster can make it through and to have the rider remain in the seat no mater what (This excludes Heartline Rolls).

For every turn, I like to add a few tenths of lateral G's to ensure the rider feels the entire turn. This also adds a weird & different element.
Progressive Rock Band "Castles"
http://castlesnj.bandcamp.com/

Return to No Limits Coaster