Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Till The World Ends - Dubstep Remix!

Till The World Ends - Dubstep Remix!

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 18th, 2011, 9:56 am

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

Wanted to share this with you guys, here's my remix of Britney's Till The World Ends. I hate the original song. The production is weak, the mix is quiet, and it overall just sounds bad in a club. But, I had a lot of fun putting this together.

Any of you who use or are familiar with DAW's I composed/mixed/mastered this all in FL Studio with the help of NI Massive, Sytrus, Harmless, 3xOsc, CMT Bitcrusher, and various samples (just the drums and percs.) All of the synths are my creation.

Anyhow, what do you guys think?

Till The World Ends
Last edited by Iron Man on July 18th, 2011, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 18th, 2011, 10:10 am

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
I'm not able to hear it. soundcloud isn't finding the page.

Post July 18th, 2011, 10:19 am

Post July 18th, 2011, 10:27 am

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

Yeah the original is much better, but I do love a bit of Britney...

Post July 18th, 2011, 1:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
so how on earth do you get all those dub noises? btw, i f**king hate dubstep. don't call it a genre, because its really just a sub-genre at best. all of it sounds the same... but still, i'm curious how you put the song together.

Post July 18th, 2011, 4:20 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
Originally posted by tmv8888

don't call it a genre, because its really just a sub-genre at best.

Of what?

Drum & Bass?
2 Step?
Speed Garage?

It originated from Garage and 2 step. Early dubstep songs (see Digital Mystikz, Kode9, Loefah, Mala, Coki, Benga) sound completely different to what it is now.
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post July 18th, 2011, 4:41 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
But it all sounds like absolute garbage anyways

And no linking to 40 different songs that go "THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP" will not fixed the situation
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 18th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

But it all sounds like absolute garbage anyways

And no linking to 40 different songs that go "THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP" will not fixed the situation

Man Speaks the TROOF!...

Post July 18th, 2011, 5:21 pm

Points on hand: 96.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points

Post July 18th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Don't like it? love off. Not going to get into a debate about whether or not it is music. It took me over 15 hours to make this. And that's not taking into account the time I put into Massive as a stand-alone to create some of these sounds.

HazBruv is right. And to be honest, this isn't even true dubstep. Its love elctro/hard house. I just put the dubstep label on it because most people can't tell the difference. Real dubstep sounds like raggae with a 2-step. Normally 140BPM with a cut time feel.

If you don't like it then fine. I like just about everything save for country and thrash metal (depending on the vocals.) But this is my scene, and the popularity is only growing. Its not underground anymore.

Post July 18th, 2011, 5:54 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

hmmm I think the original song is better.

Don't be mad at ckmwm, you did ask people for their opinion.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post July 18th, 2011, 6:10 pm

Yes, but expressing your opinion can be more tactful than 'it's garbage.' I haven't been on this site in ages due to my job, and I come back to that?

On a side note, this type of music really can't be too complicated. It generally has the illusion that its complicated because of the variety of synths used, but the arrangement honestly isn't hard to achieve. I spent a good 90% of my time just creating the sounds.
I do write other music, and if its not in a dance genre, I will not write in 4/4. It has to be simple so that songs flow together in a DJ mix and so that people on the dance floor (poor simple minded fools...) don't get confused with a 5/4, 3/4, or god forbid a 7/16 time signature.

Post July 18th, 2011, 8:02 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I said the genre was garbage, not your song. Calm down
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 21st, 2011, 7:45 am

so how on earth do you get all those dub noises?

Virtually every sound you hear that has that 'complextro' style is made with Massive; a VST with 3 oscillators, a modulation section for each osc for the ring mod, phase, and position, a noise generator, two filters, two FX, internal EQ, four envelopes, four LFO's, and a mass of other crap at its disposal. Most of the dirtier sounds use three different wave tables and at least one LFO. The 'yaya' effect is a simple triangle wave with a bitcrusher and the main synth is a detuned square wave, sidechained to the kick (as are many of the other instruments, but this one has a dominant effect.)

Anywho, anybody who is interested in music production, that is a round-about way that I do it.

Post July 21st, 2011, 8:10 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by Iron Man

It took me over 15 hours to make this.

>implying 15 hours is a long time.

Post July 21st, 2011, 8:48 am

Not necessarily, but I did put some effort into it. What difference does it make anyhow?

Post July 21st, 2011, 1:50 pm

Originally posted by Iron Man

so how on earth do you get all those dub noises?

Virtually every sound you hear that has that 'complextro' style is made with Massive; a VST with 3 oscillators, a modulation section for each osc for the ring mod, phase, and position, a noise generator, two filters, two FX, internal EQ, four envelopes, four LFO's, and a mass of other crap at its disposal. Most of the dirtier sounds use three different wave tables and at least one LFO. The 'yaya' effect is a simple triangle wave with a bitcrusher and the main synth is a detuned square wave, sidechained to the kick (as are many of the other instruments, but this one has a dominant effect.)

Anywho, anybody who is interested in music production, that is a round-about way that I do it.

ahh ok cool. is massive free? i'm not really into dubstep, i write more chilled out trance style stuff. but i'm still curious.

Post July 21st, 2011, 4:43 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
^It's $200
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post July 21st, 2011, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
Massive sounds metallic too. Lots of the wave forms have the digital/metal feel which can be good if you want to make some metallic sounding stuff. Although if you mess about with the good filter selection you can make some really nice sounds. LFO's on the wave shapes can change the sound up a lot too. Easily my favorite soft synth but its quite a heavy CPU user too :/
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post July 21st, 2011, 6:20 pm

I have 10 instances of Massive running in this project as it is, and unfortunately, it is stretching it. It is very good with digital/metallic sounds, however it can do much more. It does great soft basses, is capable of creating nice pads and such; really, it's by far my favorite VST yet.

Post July 21st, 2011, 9:57 pm

^ i've been hooked on toxic biohazard (comes default with fruity loops) Its good for soft bass and such.

Post July 21st, 2011, 10:49 pm

Points on hand: 64.00 Points
I like this actually. xD I'll probably repeat it after it's finished.
Oh are you confused about where the reply is? Well look directly above this and kablammo! There it is!

Post July 21st, 2011, 11:48 pm

Haven't used Toxic Bio much. Mainly because it is just a demo now. Even with the full version. You have to buy the signature bundle to get it included.

And yes, it is $200, but it can easily replace a lot of other synths out there. Though it doesn't work for everything, what it does is just awesome.

Post July 22nd, 2011, 2:37 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
All of NI's stuff is good.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post July 22nd, 2011, 8:43 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Iron Man, where did you go to figure out how to make those dub basses? THe tutorials I fina on youtube are all the same; or do you just expirement?
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion