Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 23rd, 2011, 4:08 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
The singer Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her flat in north London at the age of 27. The award-winning artist, famous for hits including Rehab from the critically acclaimed album Back to Black, was discovered by police in the late afternoon. Her death was being treated on Saturday night as "unexplained".

The Metropolitan police said: "Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square shortly before 16.05hrs following reports of a woman found deceased. On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene."

Winehouse was last seen with her goddaughter Dionne Bromfield earlier last week when the teenager performed at the iTunes festival.

Tributes began to pour in to one of the most celebrated and troubled British artists of recent times. Mark Ronson, who produced Back to Black, said: "She was my musical soulmate and like a sister to me. This is one of the saddest days of my life."

Presenter Phillip Schofield said on Twitter: "Just heard the sad news that Amy Winehouse has died. At only 27, what a terrible waste of a great talent. Sincere condolences to her family."

Singer and radio presenter Emma Bunton added: "Such sad news about Amy Winehouse. My thoughts are with her family." Singer and actress Kelly Osbourne wrote: "i cant even breath right now, im crying so hard i just lost 1 of my best friends. i love you forever Amy & will never forget the real you!"

Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood dedicated his show on Absolute Radio to Winehouse and also the reunion performance by his former group The Faces in Hurtwood, Surrey. "It's a very sad loss of a very good friend I spent many great times with," he said.

A spokesman for the late singer said: "Everyone involved with Amy is shocked and devastated. Our thoughts are with her family and friends. The family will issue a statement when ready."

He confirmed that Winehouse's father, Mitch, was aware of his daughter's death and was on his way back from New York, where he had been due to perform at the Blue Note jazz club.

Flowers, teddy bears and candles were left outside her home in Camden Square. One card read: "You will not be forgotten by Camden. We all love you and will continue to love you. Your legend lives on."

Winehouse had suffered a well-publicised battle with drink and drug abuse which saw her withdraw from all of her scheduled performances last month after a series of erratic performances. She started her 12-leg European tour in Belgrade but was booed off the stage after appearing to forget her lyrics. She then pulled out of performances in Istanbul and Athens before she cancelled the tour as fears for her health grew.

A statement released by the troubled singer's spokesperson at the time said that she would be given "as long as it takes" to recover. "Everyone involved wishes to do everything they can to help her return to her best and she will be given as long as it takes for this to happen."

Winehouse entered the Priory Clinic in May where she stayed for one week. She remained an outpatient there. She rose to fame with her debut album Frank in 2003, which was feted by music critics in the UK and nominated for the Mercury music prize, but it was her 2006 follow-up album Back to Black that catapulted her to stardom and led to six Grammy awards. The album became the third-biggest selling album of the 2000s.

Winehouse had been working on her long-awaited new album for the past three years and spent a stint on the Caribbean island of St Lucia in 2009 working on new material.
Source

Post July 23rd, 2011, 4:09 pm

Points on hand: 2,333.00 Points

Post July 23rd, 2011, 4:17 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

i dont cry when pousers die..
i couldnt stand her, but i know why it's sad .

Post July 23rd, 2011, 4:39 pm

Points on hand: 1,866.00 Points
Even though it is sad.....we all expected it to happen soon.. :(

So was it suicide or someting else?

Post July 23rd, 2011, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Kelly saying "the real Amy"...uh...she was the real Amy all the time. If she was an addict or overall substance abuser, that ALSO was the real her. Shame, still young. (I try to say that, her and I were born in the same year)

Post July 23rd, 2011, 5:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

Post July 23rd, 2011, 5:51 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
That is the image alot of people have of her, but she is still someones daughter.

Post July 23rd, 2011, 5:54 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

yes and completely screwed up her life in alot oof selfish acts, sorry but i dont feel sorry for her and i never will.
Making screams come true

Post July 23rd, 2011, 7:16 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post July 23rd, 2011, 9:10 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I got $2 is was an overdose.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post July 23rd, 2011, 9:19 pm

Points on hand: 1,866.00 Points

Post July 23rd, 2011, 9:35 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Post July 23rd, 2011, 10:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Amy Winehouse dead - Topic about it

7 people killed in bombing followed by 92 children shot dead by terrorist in Norway - lol who cares?

Post July 24th, 2011, 12:45 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Originally posted by Freddie

Who?

You have failed in your attemp to look cool. [pshades]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post July 24th, 2011, 12:55 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I guess I should have gone to rehab, but I said "no, no, no"...
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Return to Off Topic Discussion