Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports I celebrate Great American Scream Machines 30th...

I celebrate Great American Scream Machines 30th...

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 4,135.00 Points

Yesterday i went to SFOG to celebrate the Great American Scream Machine's 30th birthday. Actually i went because they were giving out pins that say "Red Badge of Courage" to all the people that rode the GASM. They gave those out because when the ride opened in 1973 it was the tallest and fastest in the world and they gave out red badges of courage to the people that rode it then. It was also interesting because a trainful of ACE members rode and are still riding the GASM as i write this now.

All of that stuff for the GASM was cool, but the coolest part of the day was definately that Deja Vu was open ALL DAY and only broke down ONCE while i waited in line for it!! i love deja vu! woohoo!

it rained around 7:30 and therefore all of the coasteres were closed for the night except the GASM and the Ninja so i rode the Ninja in ever row in every car (since virtually everyone had left the park) and i determind that the left seat in first row in the 5th car is tied for the smoothest ride with the row behind it, however the first row provides a better view and mor leg room. so if you ever ride the Ninja try to sit in the left seat in the 1st row in the 5th car.

other than that the trip was an average day at SFOG for me, i held up my streak of 4 visits in a row to see a good friend of mine there that i didn't go with, as well as adding my 15th hurt threat given to me in a theme/amusement park.

Post June 28th, 2003, 12:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

i wouldn't really like to ride the ninja that many times...(not only rought but built by vekoma)

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports