Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Intamin LSM Coaster (Blitz)

Intamin LSM Coaster (Blitz)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post September 4th, 2011, 4:42 pm

Points on hand: 3,540.00 Points
Been working on a little project in the past few days. Thought that I might end up posting it on here considering I haven't really posted anything on here in quite a while, so here goes.

Unnamed Intamin LSM coaster (Blitz)

Height: 125 feet.
Length: 4480 feet.
Speed: 60 mph.
Inversions: 1
Trains: 5

Image Insert:
916.18 KB

As always, comments, questions, and concerns are always welcome.
And as we all know names are never my strong suit, so if you have any good name suggestions, please post them below.
-Tony.

Post September 4th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Wow looks crazy fun! I love the quick overbank element thing, and your shaping looks exceptional! cant wait!

Post September 4th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Points on hand: 542.00 Points
Wait, you see all of that from the one picture, Kyle?
Progressive Rock Band "Castles"
http://castlesnj.bandcamp.com/

Post September 4th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Post September 4th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,589.00 Points
Bank: 1,000.00 Points
^Maybe.

This looks like it'll be a great ride. I see lots of quick transitions and banking, like on Maverick. I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

Post September 5th, 2011, 12:28 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Kyle, there's no way in hell you can see nuances in shaping from that picture. Hell, most of the time there are nuances you can't see even if you have 30 pictures. Plus, given the lack of ties on the track, I'd say it's lucky you can determine that there's a quick overbank thing at all. I'd love to see some closer-up shots of the track to check out the shaping on the transitions, hills, overbanks, and everything else. In fact, before seeing any more photos, I was thinking that the shaping doesn't look all that great. Hope I'm proven wrong!

Post September 6th, 2011, 1:12 pm

Here are a few progress screenshots.

Image Insert:
86.39 KB

Image Insert:
519.51 KB
-Tony.

Post September 6th, 2011, 11:46 pm

That transition in the second photo is way too...heartlined...but not in the way you might think. I'm not really sure how to phrase this. Basically, if you're going for the modern quick Intamin transition, it should basically rotate with the support rail staying basically flat, but yours seems like it rotates about the heartline. That may seem reasonable in theory, but the rotational forces become a problem very quickly at that speed. So think about reshaping that, since in my opinion it really needs it.

Post September 7th, 2011, 12:19 am
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
^ I disagree, the support rail is anything but flat in this picture, which is exactly the same style he's trying to replicate. That's the only way to replicate that Intamin whip that you see on Maverick and I305.

Post September 7th, 2011, 4:28 am

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

Yoshifreak's right, the spine doesn't need to be flat, however I do think that yours does look like it has too much vertical change. Having said that, the angle could be misleading. Could we possibly see it from another angle?

Post September 7th, 2011, 11:08 am

Here is a few different angles.

Image Insert:
22.68 KB

Image Insert:
421.35 KB
-Tony.

Post September 7th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
It looks like the Maverick ones have a little rise before the transition and fall afterwards, as though subtly it's like an S-hill, just almost completely flat.

That being said I do not think Tony is trying to recreate Maverick, and Tony I think this ride looks absolutely awesome! I like that the drop is straight and goes into a little air-hop. Looking forward to more, as usual.

Post September 7th, 2011, 12:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Intamin has several different styles of S curves like that. They always rotate around the heartline (at least on the newer designs), but other variables are changed. Within reason, as long as you get the details right, you're free to determine and change those variables yourself without losing the Intamin style.

Here are two more examples of very similar transitions with some of the variables modified:

ISpeed:

Intimidator 305:

Sorry I couldn't find a good view of I305's twists that I could link to here. What I do is figure out how much variance there is between similar elements, and which aspects are constant or different, then design my element with those changes in mind.

Post September 7th, 2011, 1:05 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^iSpeed was a good example to bring up. I personally think the experience of that transition would make the entire ride worthwhile. It clearly has more rotation than anything on Maverick and Intimidator.

*Another thing I noticed about your ride Tony, the turn after the launch is tiny! That thing is gonna kick asses.

Post September 7th, 2011, 5:14 pm

^Yeah the transitions on intimidator were easily one of the most unique, incredible elements on any coaster ive ridden. The ones on maverick had too many lats imo. Some how intimidators just felt like airtime and spinning faster than you knew possible, and very few lats, not slamming sideways. But yeah your transition should have a VERY short pop of almost airtime at the middle, and a slow lead into a quick center of the transition, that way it goes up a bit in the middle.

Post September 7th, 2011, 5:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Kyle, there's no reason it needs to go up in the middle. Look again at ISpeeds...yeah the overall profile includes a distinct rise and fall, but the center doesn't follow a convex path curved as much as those on Intimidator or Maverick. Looks to me like the vertical forces at the center of the roll are higher on ISpeed, creating that unique shape. I'd expect somewhere between .5 to 1G at the center, whereas on Intimidator I'd expect around 0 because there's more of a "hop" to the transition shape.

Post September 8th, 2011, 1:48 am

Originally posted by yoshifreak

^ I disagree, the support rail is anything but flat in this picture, which is exactly the same style he's trying to replicate. That's the only way to replicate that Intamin whip that you see on Maverick and I305.

Wow, I am sorely mistaken...thanks for bringing that up lol

Post September 9th, 2011, 7:55 pm

Here are a few shots showing some more progress.
Support work continues, and I've added a few catwalks as well.

Image Insert:
132.58 KB

Image Insert:
141.08 KB
-Tony.

Post September 9th, 2011, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
The catwalk looks a little too wide relative to the car width.
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post September 10th, 2011, 10:44 am

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
this has literally caused me to give up on my blitz coaster... haha

Post September 10th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
I'm not as big of a fan of the last half as I am the first half. Does the Immelmann not feel out of place?

Post September 11th, 2011, 3:05 am
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
What are the g-forces like in the back car? 4 cars seems like a bit much if the transitions are anything like maverick, especially on the first drop and quick turn to turn transitions.

Post September 11th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Back seat pulls about -1.5 for maybe a split second going over the drop. During the rest of the ride it stays on check.
-Tony.

Post September 11th, 2011, 12:44 pm

^^^I actually love the immelman, it really flows into the layout!

Post September 28th, 2011, 2:36 pm

It's taken me a little while (recently moved and some other stuff going on), but I have finally finished supporting this coaster.

I might move on to do some (very light) scenery, as wel all know I'm not the greatest with 3ds. So I might just do a simple station and some fins and a tunnel. Not sure where I am headed with it yet, but we will see.

Image Insert:
1385.58 KB
-Tony.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area